Re: What DONT you Like About Lazytown?

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
      LagoonaBlue that was HORRIBLE. His singing was ear piercing
      Exactly. That's why I mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by 20xTime View Post
        Exactly. That's why I mentioned it.
        Stingy's singing in America is golden compared to that. I see what you mean

Comment

Stingy's singing in America is golden compared to that. I see what you mean
          Yeah. As soon as I saw it I was like "Be glad us in America didn't get a voice like THAT!" XD

Comment

Yeah. As soon as I saw it I was like "Be glad us in America didn't get a voice like THAT!" XD
            Lol XD

Comment

Lol XD
              However, if we did get a voice like that, then I'm gonna stick to the UK dub.

Comment

However, if we did get a voice like that, then I'm gonna stick to the UK dub.
                I will stick to the US dub

Comment

From what little I've heard of the UK dub, I'd agree. Their personalities feel more defined by the US voices, perhaps because the dubbed characters are more reflective of the US and American stereotypes (or 'easy access points', to use a less weighted term). The LT kids are reflective of a broad cross-section, and dubbing them all with British accents dulls that diversity just a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 20xTime
                    I don't know why, but the US originals (or dubs) seem to give out more personality than the UK dubs. Everyone sounds the same in the UK dub. And, again, I'm half British. Plus I don't have a British accent so that's probably why I feel the US originals/dubs give out more personality to the characters.
                    Maybe because they're all (with the exception of the mayor) apparently voiced by Julie Westwood and Sarah Burgess in the UK dub?

Comment

One thing I have noticed after watching more episodes is that sometimes the editing is a little off. For example, in you are a pirate there's this one really weird shot they cut to quickly then cut away from. Is it just me who finds it odd? :s I've noticed it some other times but I can't tell you off the top of my head in what episode and when etc. It's around the 1:18 mark that weird shot of Rottenbeard coming toards the camera :icon_lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

Comment

Originally posted by LagoonaBlue View Post
                        Studio Ghibli did that with Arrietty. I've only ever seen the UK dub but it was lovely.
                        Oh wow.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRobbie View Post
                          One thing I have noticed after watching more episodes is that sometimes the editing is a little off.
                          There's the type of comedy you linger on, and there's the sort of comedy that's fast paced and sporadic--'random', if you will. It's intended to be a quick shot, like Flobbie clicking his heels in We Are Number One.

Mind you, if I'd cut it, I might've given it a frame or two more. Runs the risk of being missed if one blinks.

Comment

I don't like how often the kids pick on Robbie. I kind of want him to get a break sometimes!

Comment

idk

Comment

The timescale and physics.

Sometimes a ball will be kicked or thrown somewhere, and it will stay up in the air for as much as 30 seconds, when in reality, it would have landed in about 5.

(Then some smaller things, like during Galaxy, with huge planetary bodies, NOT WEARING HELMETS WHILE IN SPACE; Dancing on the Moon isn't so realistic either, with a jet powered ship that goes to the moon, while we all know that jet engines need oxygen to run; During dancing dreams when a suitcase folds out "wings" and they can fly it in as if it were a real plane [despite it being as aerodynamic as a brick]; The EXTREME speeds that the airship can travel at [Possibly over mach 1, and over mach 10 during the episode where Sportacus runs out of water, and has to go to iceland in ~1 second]; How shadows all radiate outwards from the center of Lazytown, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X