What DONT you Like About Lazytown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What DONT you Like About Lazytown?

I thought, given the nature of most of my posts, that I would change it up here a little.
    What, if anything, DON"T you like about Lazytown?

Important:

This is not a place to talk about performances. I know that's a hot button issue right now, what with Chloe and the new UK Stingy. What I'm talking about here is something you don't like about the SHOW, be it specificepisodes, writing, themes, what have you.

I'll start. (Yes, there are a couple for me. Shock, I know.)

1. Why were there THREE clip shows in the first season? That makes no sense--you don't have enough EPISODES yet to establish a clip show, Magnus!

2. The big one: Why, oh why, oh WHY did you abandon so many important details after the first episode?

Defeeted: Pixel: "Sportacus does a stunt every year on Sportacular Spectacle Day..."
    -- Um, no he doesn't, Pixel. He just arrived LAST EPISODE.

Lazytown's Surprise Santa: Um, guys, Stephanie should be HOME by now.

Welcome to Lazytown: "Are you #9? "Nope! I'm #10."
    -- And after that, #9's NEVER mentioned again. Ugh.

So, how 'bout you guys? :)

Re: What DONT you Like About Lazytown?

I agree with all of your points... I want them to deal with Sportacus' history more.

I also wish that Trixie got more of a focus. I think she's great, but she has no episodes or even songs that are focused on her, and that seems like a huge waste. They could definitely come up with some great plots for her. I always found it a bit strange that she's still referred to as Stephanie's best friend from time to time, but they're never really shown doing much bonding or whatever. I feel like they're just saying that because they're both girls.

This isn't so much the actual show, but I don't like how the DVD releases mess up the episode order and even left some episodes not released on DVD at all. I can sort of understand the episode order thing, but having episodes from the first and second season together on one disc is just weird. Plus, even though most of the episodes stand alone there are certain small continuity things on occasion that I quite like.

Comment

I hate that all the episodes didn't get released on dvd too.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I also wish that Trixie got more of a focus.
        Yeah, good point--also, what IS Trixie's vice anyway? If I'm to understand the website, it's that... she's a prankster? How is that a vice?

I hate that all the episodes didn't get released on dvd too.
        Season sets would be amazing. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman256
          Yeah, good point--also, what IS Trixie's vice anyway? If I'm to understand the website, it's that... she's a prankster? How is that a vice?
          It's supposed to be that she's a ruler-breaker and a bit of a bully, but I think it's quite toned-down in the TV show...

Comment

Oh. (I'd watch the original plays for sure--but I know not ONE WORD of Icelandic. :)

Comment

Compare the characters to the 7 deadly sins and everything is easier

Mayor (Lust)
              Ziggy (Gluttony)
              Stingy (Greed)
              Pixel (Sloth)
              Stephanie (Envy)
              Trixie (Wrath)
              Bessie (Pride)

Don't forget Sportacus (God) and Robbie (Satan)

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                Don't forget Sportacus (God) and Robbie (Satan)
                I laughed but it fits pretty well.

Oh. (I'd watch the original plays for sure--but I know not ONE WORD of Icelandic. :)
                There are some translated songs on youtube which are worth a look.

Although, I didn't find the plays that hard to understand since they're aimed at a younger audience anyway. But then again I am extremely obsessed so not understanding Icelandic hasn't put me off watching them over and over. :oops:

Comment

Compare the characters to the 7 deadly sins and everything is easier

Mayor (Lust)
                  Ziggy (Gluttony)
                  Stingy (Greed)
                  Pixel (Sloth)
                  Stephanie (Envy)
                  Trixie (Wrath)
                  Bessie (Pride)
                  Well. Lazytown just got a WHOLE lot darker for me. ;) (Especially with the Mayor--is that really his vice in the original play? Good Lord.)

Comment

Well. Lazytown just got a WHOLE lot darker for me. ;) (Especially with the Mayor--is that really his vice in the original play? Good Lord.)
                    It's pretty much the same, he just has a massive thing for Bessie. Although I'm fairly sure he attempts to kiss her more than he does in the TV show.

Comment

I don't mind the Newbie... she is cute in her own way.
                      Already coming to love her for her own little quirks.
                      But she does not have the same personality that Julianna had.
                      That might just be because Julianna will always be the Pioneer, the Queen. The First! (Sorry Shelby).

The new series is definitely more flashy (and I think we will see even more flashiness in the coming Season 4).
                      Bigger sets, more colourful costumes, etc.
                      You can see they are throwing more money at it, but overall the episodes don't have as much soul or character as the first two seasons.

Other things that bug me....

The fact that Stephanie was introduced as new for two seasons.
                      The fact that they didn't go straight into filming season two (they waited a year and a half).
                      Some of Pixel's computer jargon and technology stuff is a little misnamed or misused.
                      No HD release yet.
                      No movie yet.
                      Merchandise is hard to find in Africa!

Comment

When Sportacus eats a sandwich with lettuce and pepper only! Come on bro you gotta put some meat on that thing.

Comment

The fact that Sportacus doesn't have blue hair. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
                          l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Did Sportacus ever take a shower? When? Where?
                            In the season 2 there was a lot of tone powder on his face. and i think his his eyebrows were painted too

Comment

I don't like new Stingy puppet. It looks scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X