Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Season 3 Episode 1 has aired. Opinions on Chloe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now that Season 3 Episode 1 has aired. Opinions on Chloe.

I'm one of the few fans that still hasn't gotten to see the new episode, but from the clips I saw I think Chloe is very cuteee <3 I also loved the new song, her vocal performance is great, it has LazyTown's positive vibe into it.

Comment

Okay, so so far, the poll I created (the main reason for watching LT--http://www.getlazy.net/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=4403) shows half the votes for Stephanie being the draw. Well, now I understand better--if Julianna was the main reason you watched the show--well, of COURSE you're going to be apprehensive twoards Chloe. And understandably so. See? Now I understand the board better. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman256
        apprehensive twoards Chloe.

It's not apprehension but expectation. Expectation of the same quality.
        The Sportacus, Robbie (who is just as good as he's always been) and the puppet fans don't have to deal with this issue since there have been no changes to those actors. We Stephanie fans are saddled with a second rate Steph. There is no apprehension or hatred towards Chloe (from me personally. I don't know about the others) she is just not a Stephanie.

Just imagine if you will, due to some other contractual obligations, Stefan Karl wasn't able to reprise his role as Robbie Rotten and they replaced him with a second rate Robbie. There would be a lot of belching around here, from the Robbie fans, about that as well (me included).

Hope that clears it up a tad more.
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
          the puppet fans don't have to deal with this issue since there have been no changes to those actors. We Stephanie fans are saddled with a second rate Steph.
          Heh, actually, Stingy's voice is different in that episode and not in a good way. I wasn't hugely bothered at first because I was just so excited to be watching a new episode, but now that I've noticed it, I really don't like it... I keep forgetting who voices who in the UK dub but his old voice was pretty good in comparison. I'm kind of picky about which voices I like for the puppets anyway, sometimes I like the US ones better, and sometimes the UK ones. But the puppets don't have as many obsessive fans as Stephanie and there have always been two sets of English voice actors, whereas Stephanie has always been Julianna regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan
            now that I've noticed it, I really don't like it
            Same here
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I think I'll vote at the end of series 3
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Good idea, GG--get the whole picture, as it were. :)

Comment

I never understood why puppet kids have different voices and not for the rest of characters. I understand about Icelandic actors but... I think only one puppet is played by an Icelandic actor (Ziggy - Gudmundur Thor).

And if it is because the accent and words... the rest of characters talk like American actors. They should change the voice of Stephanie at least then, no? If it is because the part of the kids only.

Comment

Her moves are not so naturally, maybe it's the new shoes..
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

We didn't really see much of Chloe dancing to bing bang in this episode either.. disappointing

I managed to catch this ad that came on tv though, at least we see her finally dancing to more than 2 seconds of bing bang.

[youtube]B4Wb_owF7YU[/youtube]

I miss Julianna.

Comment

I voted passable. She's adorable though. But she's no Julianna. She's got big shoes to fill, though. I feel like I'll like her more in time.

Comment

I've heard one of the new songs, and i must say, from that she seems pretty good. But i'll wait until l watch an episode to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by SportaDani
                            I voted passable. She's adorable though. But she's no Julianna. She's got big shoes to fill, though. I feel like I'll like her more in time.
                            Same here. I'm certain with time she'll mold her experience to fit the role as best as she can. I give her kudos for taking over for Julianna. That's got to be a tough position to be in.

As for the stage Robbie a few posts back, he's decent. He does have the mannerisms down, but didn't seem to pack the same wacky punch of Stefan's original Robbie. I much prefer mad scientist inventor goofball to flashy, yet clumsy used car salesman type in an orange fur coat. (hmm...then again, is there much of a difference? )

Comment

Passable. She has charm and while at some points she felt stilted she did do an okay job

Comment

About a month ago they started selling Orkumjólk (Energy Milk) here on Iceland and I immediately thought: "Who's that Stephanie on the packaging? That's not Julianna."

Today the first episode of season 3 was broadcasted and I'm disappointed. For some reason I don't get the feeling I'm looking at Stephanie when looking at Chloe.

Julianna's Stephanie seems to move and act more naturally. She simply IS Stephanie and I don't get the impression she's acting to play Stephanie. Chloe's Stephanie looks to overacted, like she's trying too hard to be Stephanie.

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                                Those actors above are the embodiment of the characters they portray. They have that special talent, charisma/chemistry, camera presence. Not every actor has that as hard as they may try. Is it fair? No it's just the way it is. Julianna had that playing Stephanie. From the first moment I saw Julianna's Stephanie, I saw it and I felt that special presence. That's what got me hooked on Lazytown. I get none of that with Chloe playing Stephanie even on this first Episode with her. Is it fair? No it's just the way it is.

If I may go a bit Tolkienesque, some people attribute it to the magic power of the pink wig, And, that the magic will only work with the one true Stephanie. :)
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X