This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database malfunction with some of the pictures

I see that some pictures stored in the GL database do not look good in posts or are not visible at all. Those are only the older pictures, not the recently added pictures.
    For example viewtopic.php?p=77769#p77769

I guess the database is damaged or something. Anybody else see that too?
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Database pictures

Originally posted by pooky
    I see that some pictures stored in the GL database do not look good in posts or are not visible at all. Those are only the older pictures, not the recently added pictures.
    For example viewtopic.php?p=77769#p77769

I guess the database is damaged or something. Anybody else see that too?

same here pooks...sabotage!...btw: I have noticed that many of originally embedded videos (lazytubes,music videos)got shown as URL only in the meantime...I wonder what happened
    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
      btw: I have noticed that many of originally embedded videos (lazytubes,music videos)got shown as URL only in the meantime...I wonder what happened
      That's because some people complained about too much delay in opening a topic with a lot of YouTube video's in it or flash crashes, like those topics you mentioned. So that's another thing not related to the database.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

and I can't see some users' messages unless someone else quotes them.. why the ****?

Comment

Originally posted by FireRed
          and I can't see some users' messages unless someone else quotes them.. why the ****?
          Some users did not like some of their comments they made earlier and edited the posts in something different, like dots [..] or a smiley. That's the users' right to do that. It's also not database-malfunction related.

Comment

Re: Database malfunction with some of the pictures

So... who wants to buy Get Lazy a vBulletin license?

I can't stand phpbb.

Comment

How much money would that be? Do we still keep all the posts we made or do we have to start all over again, with a transfer to vBulletin?
              That's for me important.

Comment

vBulletin costs $249 for a new lifetime license (for vB 5).

The bastards have raised the price since vBulletin 4. I think vB 4 was like $180 :(

And yes, there should be tools included to transfer and convert a complete phpbb database to vBulletin database.

Some of the mods hacked into the forum might be lost for a while until I find suitable replacements; same for themes.

Layout would be a bit different, but there would be lots more features. vBulletin is much more robust, quicker software (and not to mention secure) than the free phpbb.

All posts and user accounts will be retained.

Comment

Fundraiser time?

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

249 $ sounds like a lot...how about
                      Gallery

Comment

249.00 USD = 190.98 EUR

don't take risks with software piracy, besides I believe a licence is for a lifetime use?

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                          249.00 USD = 190.98 EUR

don't take risks with software piracy, besides I believe a licence is for a lifetime use?
                          sounds still expensive...as X already mentioned it's meant for lifetime using but maybe you need to pay for updates
                          Gallery

Comment

I would have no qualms with using a pirated copy of vBulletin but we would have to move to a foreign host which doesn't give a shit about copyright notices. This would be more expensive in the long run than just buying the damn thing.

Comment

I would donate some bucks but who is able to ensure me that this forum still exist in the next years ?....bc the number of stable and active members drops permanently and none knows if we are able to pay the next hosting bill...
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X