Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you really expecting LazyTown Entertainment to bring back a 21 year old woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you really expecting LazyTown Entertainment to bring back a 21 year old woman

New Stephanie: Chloe Lang

So as we all know by now, LazyTown will obviously need a new actress for Stephanie for the new season(s). Were you really expecting LazyTown Entertainment to bring back a 21 year old woman to play the part of Stephanie? Julianna was great for the role at the time but there's no way at her current age it would be appropriate to have her try playing the character of an 8 year old girl. LazyTown needs a Stephanie and LTE has decided that Chloe Lang should be her. I trust their judgment. We all saw what happened when the LazyTown characters don't have a Stephanie around them - we get LazyTown "Extra" and "The Super Sproutlet Show."

As for Chloe Lang, we don't know a lot about her, since she hasn't done much yet. We do know that she is just 10 years old and hails from Connecticut. She studied at The Dance Connection in East Haven. Here is a national commercial she appeared in:

[youtube]_WMstzB0WwY[/youtube]

She has a public Twitter account here. I'm sure it'll be closed when 4chan harassment kicks in.

I am going to request that members refrain from posting negative comments about Ms. Lang until we have seen her in action for the new season of LazyTown. I really don't think it's very healthy for a fan site's members to be acting like dicks toward the new lead actress of one of their supposed favorite series. Making fun of a 10 year old's appearance is something I'm sure plenty of her peers have been doing. I have never heard of a single child who has never been bullied. This is not something a bunch of grown adults should be doing. Leave that rude behavior to 4chan. We all know what's going to happen there and none of us can stop it.

As for sharing photographs of Chloe, feel free to, as long as they are publicly sourced. That dance school's public pictures are fine to share. I would request, however, that as her Facebook profile is now private and that YouTube video has been removed that you don't share those in this public forum. It really should have been obvious that we don't need people to be posting Chloe's phone number, ffs.

Originally posted by Xizer
    So as we all know by now, LazyTown will obviously need a new actress for Stephanie for the new season(s). Were you really expecting LazyTown Entertainment to bring back a 21 year old woman to play the part of Stephanie? Julianna was great for the role at the time but there's no way at her current age it would be appropriate to have her try playing the character of an 8 year old girl. LazyTown needs a Stephanie and LTE has decided that Chloe Lang should be her. I trust their judgment. We all saw what happened when the LazyTown characters don't have a Stephanie around them - we get LazyTown "Extra" and "The Super Sproutlet Show."

I am going to request that members refrain from posting negative comments about Ms. Lang until we have seen her in action for the new season of LazyTown. I really don't think it's very healthy for a fan site's members to be acting like dicks toward the new lead actress of one of their supposed favorite series. Making fun of a 10 year old's appearance is something I'm sure plenty of her peers have been doing. I have never heard of a single child who has never been bullied. This is not something a bunch of grown adults should be doing. Leave that rude behavior to 4chan. We all know what's going to happen there and none of us can stop it.

As for sharing photographs of Chloe, feel free to, as long as they are publicly sourced. That dance school's public pictures are fine to share. I would request, however, that as her Facebook profile is now private and that YouTube video has been removed that you don't share those in this public forum. It really should have been obvious that we don't need people to be posting Chloe's phone number, ffs.

I'm really glad to see this kind of comment about Chloe Lang here in GL: it is pretty accurate, direct and, specially, timely.

My fear about it, however, is that the tentanción to "publish" or "upload" photos, videos or news that could offend or insult Chloe's image (either openly or indirectly) is huge. It requires a lot of personal judgment not be part of the possible and future avalanche of all those unwanted "posts": no matter whether they are reproductions of other posts on other sites and no matter how funny or naive they may seem. It is NOT a self-censorship issue. It means respect towards other people, specially since she's a 10 year old girl.

About Chloe as Julianna's replacement, well, I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and see what is the kind of things she could bring into the LT project: for me, she will have to do a lot, mostly, because JRM left high standards to reach (in terms about what being part of LT means). On the other hand, she can't be worse than having had six long years without anything really valuable to watch and appreciate of the show.

Greetings,
    H.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder that Getlazy isn't at the outer rim of the Internet (any more).
      So it is "nil nisi bene"? Ah, what the heck: Charming little thing she is.

Comment

. Were you really expecting LazyTown Entertainment to bring back a 21 year old woman to play the part of Stephanie?
        *cough* *cough*

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
          . Were you really expecting LazyTown Entertainment to bring back a 21 year old woman to play the part of Stephanie?
          *cough* *cough*
          Those live plays are just embarrassing.

The television show has a higher standard to meet.

Comment

Well I can only hope that Chloe will do the Julianna legacy proud
            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I saw her dance and do athletics in some youtube video's and even a bit of acting. In one word: amazing! LazyTown has done a great job to get her for the role of Stephanie.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

She will do just fine.

Comment

http://www.lazytownworld.com/specials/s ... s-release/

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                    She will do just fine.
                    ... ;)

Comment

Am I the only person who reminds her face to Vanessa Hudgens a bit?

Comment

[img]
                        I wonder if she got JR's wig/hairband from the first season or if it is a new one...

picture taken from the official website of her agency "Prestige Management Group"

[img]http://i42.*******.com/ngpp5l.jpg[/img]

http://www.prestigenyc.com/home.html
                        Gallery

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                            Now her managers are learning how to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                              Now her managers are learning how to play the game.
                              A Link???

Comment

Working...
                              X