• Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit

First Official Trailer

[youtube]zqW_RsugUD0[/youtube]

Can't wait to see Smaug
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Re: The Hobbit

It's been awhile since I've been familiar with The Hobbit. I'll end up seeing it for sure though.
    Unfortunately it will surely be missing at least one thing..
    [youtube]2dQ5c5SIYnc[/youtube]

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post youtube links but I'll do it anyway. (Spoilers ahead!)

[youtube]WnyxnDfcBAw[/youtube]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
        I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post youtube links but I'll do it anyway. (Spoilers ahead!)
        I don't see why not we've got another year to wait for the release of the hobbit

Comment

That's one epic trailer.

Comment

Is this film a continuation from the other 3, or is it a seperate entity?
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
              Is this film a continuation from the other 3, or is it a seperate entity?
              A prequel. The Hobbit was written before the LotR books, but the movies were made before.

Comment

ah ok, thanks.
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Intresting :) there are many upcoming remakes and sequels in 2012, I can't wait

Comment

The Hobbit

One day we'll watch Silmarillion too (hopefully) and it'll be fantastic.

Comment

They'll make a movie when the take the movie rights out of Christopher Tolkien's cold dead hands. Also I'm not sure how such a movie would work seeing as the silmarillion is more a collection of stories rather than one.

Comment

Dragons are close at hand :)

Comment

Dragons are close at hand :)

Comment

We've got a group of about 30 going together on Friday, 13 December! Can't wait.

Has anyone else seen the extended version of the first movie yet?

Comment

I'm sorry to say I was a bit disappointed with the first hobbit movie. And I really wanted to love it, I'd been looking forward to it for quite some time. I even went to see it at 48 fps. But as soon as I saw the dwarves at the beginning of the film very casually performing superhuman feats of dish-juggling I feared my suspension of disbelief would be challenged, and unfortunately I was right. The bit at the end in goblin-town where they effortlesly plow through hundreds of orcs while again displaying superhuman coordination, before dropping hundreds of meters on a big rock and apparently surviving it all without breaking a sweat just had me throwing my hands up in the air.

This isn't kung fu panda, damn it. That sort of thing in a live-action movie just takes all the suspense out of it. How am I supposed to think of these guys as real characters when they constantly (and casually and effortlessly) do stuff that is so far-fetched? Don't give me the 'it's full of elves and dwarves and trolls and you're complaining about this?' crap either, just because it's fantasy doesn't mean it can just disregard all the laws of physics.

I hope the next film eases up on the cartoon physics, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                              X