Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High School

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
    Try cracking a joke, always worked for me.
    Tried it today, it was so embarassing, the girl wlaked away without even looking at me, I bet she was like "what a weirdo", I should've tried PB's joke it atleast starts with a question. GG I hate you
    There's also the bright side, I had the guts to approach someone I don't know and talked to, I usually can't do that, a little step forward thanks ^^

Comment

[quote=Master Of Disguise]
      Originally posted by "Glanni's Girl":34f28
      Try cracking a joke, always worked for me.
      Tried it today, it was so embarassing, the girl walked away without even looking at me, I bet she was like "what a weirdo"...[/quote:34f28]
      That was most definately a girly girl. Those jokes posted here are men jokes and you must never use it to approache girly girls, especially not when you first met them! You need to give them compliments first and a lot of attention, and after she smiles a few times you can think of a joke.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

What joke did you try?

Comment

And remember: Too funny a joke might be counterproductive. Do not use jokes like: "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! *)" should be avoided at all cost in first-contact situations.

*) Out of safety considerations this is a german version of said joke, dangerous only for Buzz and - maybe - Viivi und... noch jemand?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
            "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! *)"
            I died

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

"Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! *)"
              Damn, can't translate it, I love a good joke.
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                I died

sounds funny but don't get it
                Gallery

Comment

I'm confused here, tell a joke, compliments, lot of attention ?
                  Forget about it guys, it's just not gonna work, thanks anyway ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Master Of Disguise
                    I'm confused here, tell a joke, compliments, lot of attention?
                    Laughter can be a great way to bond with others.

Comment

Can't give MoD any advice, i sucked at high schooling...now a days I just approach people and start talking...I'm not as timid as before, guess I just grew out of that...I dunno...
                      Try it, just talk with people, if you have the guts...if you feel emotional, just let them do most of the talking, if you are with a group of people.

Comment

I wonder how it is in other countries if you finished high school and go to university. Here you need to have the highest degree of high school (total length 6 years). It seems like in other countries that you can buy your way in, which is to me not a good case.

Comment

I wonder how it is in other countries if you finished high school and go to university. Here you need to have the highest degree of high school (total length 6 years). It seems like in other countries that you can buy your way in, which is to me not a good case.
                          I can tell you that at my high school, they rammed college down our throats. Collegecollegecollegecollegecollege. It was rather annoying. I don't know what high school in the Netherlands entails, but for us it is 9-12th grade. 4 years total. Some colleges you absolutely can buy your way in to. Private universities and technical colleges are the worst offenders, but one could buy their way in to a traditional university as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                            I can tell you that at my high school, they rammed college down our throats. Collegecollegecollegecollegecollege. It was rather annoying. I don't know what high school in the Netherlands entails, but for us it is 9-12th grade. 4 years total. Some colleges you absolutely can buy your way in to. Private universities and technical colleges are the worst offenders, but one could buy their way in to a traditional university as well.
                            That's a weird system, I bet it brings a number of incompetent people to the market.
                            We don't have something like that, with grades. It's nursery school/primairy school to 11/12 years old, and (the highest part of) high school 11/12 to 17/18 years old --> only with that exam you can go to college. Sometimes you need to do additional exams to get allowed, sometimes there is a selection by the university and the student with the highest exam grades has the highest priority, the rest have to wait one or two years to be allowed. There is no way for buying yourself in because that depresses the high standard of knowledge.

Comment

That's a weird system, I bet it brings a number of incompetent people to the market.
                              We don't have something like that, with grades. It's nursery school/primairy school to 11/12 years old, and (the highest part of) high school 11/12 to 17/18 years old --> only with that exam you can go to college. Sometimes you need to do additional exams to get allowed, sometimes there is a selection by the university and the student with the highest exam grades has the highest priority, the rest have to wait one or two years to be allowed. There is no way for buying yourself in because that depresses the high standard of knowledge.
                              Same grades, different names hehe.
                              College is not publicly funded here for the most part. Community colleges are, but they don't function the same way it sounds like your education system does. Acceptance is nearly guaranteed and it is very cheap. Traditional universities are a bit more expensive and do have academic requirements to get in like what you're talking about. It's not a common practice, but it is theoretically possible for one to buy themselves into one of these schools. I suppose no more or less possible than in the Netherlands. As long as you know the right corrupt people Then there are private universities. They will take anyone with money and they are very expensive. They are mostly a well known joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                                Same grades, different names hehe.
                                College is not publicly funded here for the most part. Community colleges are, but they don't function the same way it sounds like your education system does. Acceptance is nearly guaranteed and it is very cheap. Traditional universities are a bit more expensive and do have academic requirements to get in like what you're talking about. It's not a common practice, but it is theoretically possible for one to buy themselves into one of these schools. I suppose no more or less possible than in the Netherlands. As long as you know the right corrupt people Then there are private universities. They will take anyone with money and they are very expensive. They are mostly a well known joke.
                                Pretty sure it's the same over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X