LazyTown Curiosities - Stina's robe from Glanni Glaepur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LazyTown Curiosities

I don't recall Ziggy giving particular mention to "Choco-Sugar-Yummies" either.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200410181...ept/ziggy.html

Or is that just something that was dropped with the UK dub?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Oh, so THAT'S where the "Bessie is Sportacus' mom" thing came from.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/sportacus.htm

Sportacus.pdf

This bio is full of bizarre misinformation and it always bugged me. "Where the hell is this guy getting this stuff?"

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I'm actually working that into a fanfic I'm writing, except Bessie was 15 when she had him, and he was adopted by Nine and his wife, hence the lack of family-ness between them (neither of them know, and poor Bessie is in for a bit of a shock). His (rarely used) given name is Alex, which at this point only Steph and Robbie out of the canon characters know, but his legal family name is Sportacus.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

^Oh, I've seen your fanfics at FFN! I like your whole idea of Sportacus being a female originally. Awesome stuff, can't wait to see more!

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Thank you, Zokita, nice to know my work is appreciated. Sorry for spoiling you.

Originally posted by Sir Finkus
              That's why I didn't mention the FtM! Sportacus aspect of the fic (that and not being relevant to the subject).

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Sir Finkus
                Originally posted by Zokita
                ^Oh, I've seen your fanfics at FFN! I like your whole idea of Sportacus being a female originally. Awesome stuff, can't wait to see more!
                Seconded, and now I'm interested in actually reading it.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

http://web.archive.org/web/200303301102 ... ytown.com/

The puppets were pretty weird before, and... I actually prefer the current Stephanie

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

^Now that is weird. Shelby Young Stephanie, and Sportacus has a ghetto crystal. The logo's interesting, but I like the current one better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	poster.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	182529

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Zokita
                      ^Now that is weird. Shelby Young Stephanie, and Sportacus has a ghetto crystal. The logo's interesting, but I like the current one better.
                      Actually looks like there's no crystal at all, just a piece of cloth of decoration. Robbie doesn't have that stylish hair, and Pixel looks a little demented with that face and the ? on his chest... :?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Magnus's real birthday is on the 10th

10lw2.png

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Some other ones.

- Dancing Duel(I think) and New Superhero: The comics stephanie and sportacus are reading, have "Jives" from the original stageplay on the front of them.

normal_new_superhero_3134.jpg
                          normal_duel073.jpg

- In Secret Agent Zero when The mayor is hanging upside down on the rope, Robbie strums the chorus from "Allt í lagi í Latabæ" from the stageplay on the rope. This is also heard quite a few other times in the episodes as Background music. like in "Sleepless in Lazytown" for a bedtime melody.

- "Lazytown Snow Monster" song "Give Me Snow" using the same music from the stageplay song "Jól eftir jól"

- The Mayors favorite flower "Gloria" is named after the mom of David Matthew Feldman (the puppeteer and voice for Mayor Meanswell)

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Ahahaha! Is it really? When I saw that in the episode I was like "Yay! We know when his birthday is! ...we just need a month! "

I've also noticed the running theme of chicken/bird as a LazyTown symbol. Eventually I'll go through the episodes I have and screen cap them. But it looks like a reference to the Latibær bird, Hannin, I think? From the second stage play and promotional stuff in Iceland.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by merlin55
                              - Dancing Duel(I think) and New Superhero the comics stephanie and sportacus are reading have "Jives" from the original stageplay on the front of them.
                              That's pretty cool. His house is still there, so why not? I really need to pick up these comics some day, but I doubt they're in stores here.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by moomoo
                                I really need to pick up these comics some day, but I doubt they're in stores here.
                                I think they were just props for the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X