Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Curiosities - Stephanie ridiculous photoshop DVD

Re: LazyTown Curiosities

I have question about this promo shot that's been used in products specifically a DVD cover
    I made a higher rez gif to get a better look at what's going on

There's a lot of shooping and distorting going on with that image for the DVD release. The question is why would they do this. The DVD cover version of that promo shot is tanner and
    everything about that image makes her look older than the orginal image. Anyone have any insider insight into why this was done?
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Nice job, boredjedi! Stephanie goes over high resolution pic to law pic. It's work all of artists LT. They change her face unclear, because Stephanie will look more beautiful and younger. Look at these pictures. It's illustration of processing Stephanie's picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6d49a568f69e3b06b1a309c61a6677e4.png
Views:	1
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	149044

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
      There a lot of shooping and distorting going on with that image for the DVD release. The question is why would they do this. The DVD cover version of that promo shot is tanner and
      everything about that image makes her look older than the orginal image. Anyone have any insider insight into why this was done?
      My guess is just that the peeps at LazyTown just over-do things with Photoshop. I feel like their goal is to make these characters larger than life and cartoonish and partially achieve that by using a lot of Photoshop, but as I said, I think they could take it down a few notches. Also, they seem to try and make Stephanie and Sportacus look younger than their actors actually are. The more tan version is probably closer to what is real, though it looks very made-up.

Comment

Stingy is 8, along with Stephanie because in one of the episodes he says so.

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5975[/ATTACH]
          This is actually really disturbing. Now I get that everything is pretty much photoshopped now a days, but Julianna is clearly shining through in the before pic. Why would they ever want to get rid of that cuteness :/
          I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Nice job, boredjedi! Stephanie goes over high resolution pic to law pic. It's work all of artists LT. They change her face unclear, because Stephanie will look more beautiful and younger. Look at these pictures. It's illustration of processing Stephanie's picture:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5975[/ATTACH]
            She looks better without the photoshop imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              My guess is just that the peeps at LazyTown just over-do things with Photoshop. I feel like their goal is to make these characters larger than life and cartoonish and partially achieve that by using a lot of Photoshop, but as I said, I think they could take it down a few notches. Also, they seem to try and make Stephanie and Sportacus look younger than their actors actually are. The more tan version is probably closer to what is real, though it looks very made-up.
              Actually the thing is she looks way older on the DVD cover. Most kids heads are bigger in relation to their body size (head to body ratio). For the DVD they've reduced the size of her head and it ends up being an adult head to body ratio.

This is not a complaint or anything just curious why they put so much conscious effort into making her appear more adult like. And, it was a conscious effort because of all the shooping and distorting going on the DVD image. From the resized head, tanned skinned and smudging away the little bit of under shirt at the shoulder under the dress gap that shows up on the original among other smudging that's going on. Very curious indeed.

A side by side comparison:

On the left is the released DVD cover. The right is the untouched original I overlayed .

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                A side by side comparison:
                To me it looks like they were just doing some post editing, because of the cropping not being 100% correct at the wig eg. Then they were done and just went completely bananas..
                Now, I partially get why they would tan her; to make her look closer to Mágnus skincolour, and maybe not stand out so much. Teeth correction is also justified, as the original was not totally perfect.

But the thing I cannot understand in a million years, is why they would ever want to shrink her head!
                You're totally right about her seemingly being older in the pic, and isn't that a bit counterintuitive? I mean, after all she is already way older than the girl she is portraying!?
                I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

A wild assumption... but could this just be another picture? It was taken almost two years after production... but I doubt it.

'Click image for larger version

Name:	SweetsSwiped.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	149048

I got a higher resolution of the cover, and took out all the legal shit, as well as the specs at the bottom. A clearer picture can help the comparison.

I have the rest of the covers released by Paramount, if anyone wants them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post

To me it looks like they were just doing some post editing, because of the cropping not being 100% correct at the wig eg. Then they were done and just went completely bananas..
                    Now, I partially get why they would tan her; to make her look closer to Mágnus skincolour, and maybe not stand out so much. Teeth correction is also justified, as the original was not totally perfect.

But the thing I cannot understand in a million years, is why they would ever want to shrink her head!
                    You're totally right about her seemingly being older in the pic, and isn't that a bit counterintuitive? I mean, after all she is already way older than the girl she is portraying!?

On your first point I agree somewhat she does blend in better with the rest of the characters in the dvd image. In my shopped in version, she steals the scene completely your eyes are drawn right to Stephanie.
                    As for the original image being imperfect, I find nothing wrong with it at all. Anyway, as for the making her look old that's the mystery.

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
                    A wild assumption... but could this just be another picture? It was taken almost two years after production... but I doubt it.
                    I was thinking the same thing at first but everything else matches up. The bends and folds of the dress, the shadowing etc... The only thing different is the head size and skin coloring and some smudging going on.

Also thanks for the image. Quite a difference from the high res DVD one I was using. Hmmm, her mole is visible which was not visible on DVD cover image and which doesn't show up on the original image as well.

Comment

Could be that I've got the wrong end of the stick here. The image I was comparing to the dvd one and referring to as the original
                      could in fact be the one that was shooped.

Thanks to LazyYardigans and the much improved dvd cover image. Comparing the two, I notice in the "original" version the v neck is broken on the white trim that is closer to the viewer.
                      What I was referring to as her undershirt, might just be a bad shoop job in line with the neck issue. And also why would they add the mole. Hmmmmm, in any case why would they
                      even feel the need to shoop anything about these two images.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5979[/ATTACH]

I got a higher resolution of the cover. A clearer picture can help the comparison.

I have the rest of the covers released by Paramount, if anyone wants them.
                        Does anybody have this DVD?

Comment

Does anybody have this DVD?
                          I do.

Comment

I do.
                            Can you share it?

Comment