Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Perro555
    I got one: in Little Sportacus when Ziggy goes to Pixel's house to get Sportacus some new clothes, just before he rings the doorbell, the 'Z' on his shirt is backwards.
    I noticed that too :)
    Also, in the same scene, Pixel says what clothes he's getting for "Spob" (I think it's blue trousers and a purple shirt) but that's NOT what Spob ends up wearing. I think Pixel needs to fix his computer...

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Not really a goof, but Cowman and Lazycus share the same belt.
      In Record's Day, they're on screen at the same time, which means the Lazycus costume has to go incomplete.

Strange, because Lazycus should get priority, being a featured disguise and all.
      I guess that just shows the awesomeness of Cowman!

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
        Most of the page seems to be just about details of how to get AD in the UK, so it won't be of much interest to you foreign types.
        Plus, I just found it by accident when looking for a vid.

The BBC (at least I think it was the BBC) used to have this really cool promo where they had a film playing but the whole screen was black.
        Then they had a woman doing AD over the top of it, and showed part of the screen within the waveform of her voice.
        Woo! Symbolism!
        I can't find it now, though. :(

Here's another cool one.
        http://www.redbeemedia.com/promos/au...cription.shtml
        Not quite as good as the one I was looking for, though.

Some day I want to own LazyTown episodes that feature every audio track in existence.
        Every different language, the alternate dubs, and now the AD track too.
        And I'm counting on you to make that happen, Dr. Joe.
        I tend to find a lot of stuff by accident. :) That promo sounded pretty cool. Thanks for the link to another one, this time with a video! It'd be interesting to watch a LazyTown episode with my eyes closed while the Audio Description is playing, I'll try it later!

I had that same dream too, of having all the LazyTown episodes with every audio track in existence. I got lazy though, and now I'm justing waiting around for it. I'm hoping LazyTown Entertainment does it instead with a Blu-Ray release perhaps?

Originally posted by wesker
        in some episodes (like in "once upon a time")when you see the billboard you can also the leaves of the bush disguise
        lol, maybe this is one of their cost cutting methods they did, re-using old footage.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Well, that shows what I know.
          As soon as I searched for "channel 4" "audio description" promo, the vid I was looking for turned up straight away.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu0GYkuCrRg
          I was so sure it was BBC for some reason, but I just remembered a similar one that Channel 4 did to promote subtitles for the deaf and put 2 and 2 together.

Originally posted by Nindy
          It'd be interesting to watch a LazyTown episode with my eyes closed while the Audio Description is playing, I'll try it later!
          I'm doing that now with the copy of Pixel TV you provided.
          (Well, not with my eyes closed, but with MPC minimised.)

It's odd. When you watch it normally, it seems like everything's happening so fast, I'm surprised that not only does the AD lay-dee manage to keep up, but she does so at a seemingly leisurely pace.
          I guess a lot of the time the dialogue speaks for itself.

Sorry. :oops:

It's also quite funny when Stephy sings "open your eyes and tell me what you see", which of course the AD lay-dee does, it's almost as if she's replying to her directly.
          I thought it was funny, anyway.

Originally posted by Nindy 500
          I had that same dream too, of having all the LazyTown episodes with every audio track in existence. I got lazy though, and now I'm justing waiting around for it.
          Ditto.
          I did think about asking about it on here at some point, seeing as we have members from various countries in this place, but gave up even before that.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Racoon
            Stingys awesome voice actor
            ... (for the UK voice) is actually Sarah Burgess, Trixie's puppeteer. But you probably knew that already.

Off-topic I know, but she's now doing a new show for CBeebies called Space Pirates. She's the puppeteer of one of the "Jingles" (these singing rat things). Whenever she sings it just sounds like Stingy to me. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/spacepirates/. (It has a very catchy theme tune).

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by suburbanmum
              Originally posted by Racoon
              Stingys awesome voice actor
              ... (for the UK voice) is actually Sarah Burgess, Trixie's puppeteer. But you probably knew that already.
              no. thanks for the info though. i knew he was voiced by a woman.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

In Cry Dinosaur when the sing the Spooky Song Stingy misses his cue
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHXRqs2FzdE
                stop at 00:56 and you will see what i mean.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by EmporerStingy
                  In Cry Dinosaur when the sing the Spooky Song Stingy misses his cue
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHXRqs2FzdE
                  stop at 00:56 and you will see what i mean.
                  I think you lost your cue man. I watched that 6 and 1/2 times and I didn't see shit.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

It just looks like he opens his mouth a bit early.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

exactly, Jesus...they're puppets what do you expect.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by ooozmin
                        exactly, Jesus...they're puppets what do you expect.
                        perfection?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Imperfections? In mai Lazytown? Such a monstrosity could neva OCCUR!

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by ForGreatJustin
                            It just looks like he opens his mouth a bit early.
                            What, the bit where he mouths the words "...are wary" instead of just "...wary"?

If we're going to pick him up on mouthing to words he doesn't sing, then the whole scene is a goof as Stingy is mouthing along throughout the whole song, but doesn't actually sing any of it.
                            It's just Steph, backed by Parallel Steph.

Originally posted by Inka-dinka-doo
                            Imperfections? In mai Lazytown?
                            It's those cute little flaws that keep a guy interested.

Name that reference!

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I wasn't saying it was a problem, i never would have noticed it that other dude wouldnt have said anything. I really don't care.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

stingy's perfect guise, stfu

Comment

Working...
                                X