X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Curiosities - Siggi singing old German song

Re: LazyTown Curiosities

I found another interesting thing!
    I was watching Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ again and I noticed that after the song "Aldrei gleyma því" when Glanni is talking to Maggi, Siggi can be heard singing a song to the tune of the old German song "Was kann der Sigismund dafür dass er so schön ist?" (What can Sigismund do about the fact that he's so pretty) and Siggi even sings these lyrics with his own name in Icelandic

Originally posted by Luk-a-Tronic View Post
    I was watching Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ again and I noticed that after the song "Aldrei gleyma því" when Glanni is talking to Maggi, Siggi can be heard singing a song to the tune of the old German song "Was kann der Sigismund dafür dass er so schön ist?" (What can Sigismund do about the fact that he's so pretty) and Siggi even sings these lyrics with his own name in Icelandic
    Interesting, I had no idea at all about this connection. Thank you for pointing it out. I always thought that that particular scene is odd, and I'm not sure if this information makes it more odd or less :p

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      Interesting, I had no idea at all about this connection. Thank you for pointing it out. I always thought that that particular scene is odd, and I'm not sure if this information makes it more odd or less :p
      I'm too lazy to search for the right moment in the video. So if someone has a link to that.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        I'm too lazy to search for the right moment in the video. So if someone has a link to that.
        Of course!
        https://youtu.be/KhGUWgDEfbM?t=1058

The song in question is also a Danish classic.
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
          Thanks. That's an old piece of work there now I see that the song is from the 1930s.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

In Breakfast at Stephanies (and probably many more episodes) in Milford Meanswells living room, there is a painting. what painting is it? The "Girl with a Pearl Earring" but with a slight twist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eJwVyMENwyAMAMBdGAAwMcRkG9dQEikJCOir6u5tXyfdW736qTa1z9nGZkw6htSe9Ji1c8m61FrOzO0YWupleE6W_cr3HMb5.png
Views:	1
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	149502

It REALLY looks like Pilot Ziggy. And just so you know. this is NOT the original painting.

This is: Click image for larger version

Name:	300px-Meisje_met_de_parel.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	149503

And if you want a refrenece for Pilot Ziggy, here it is: Click image for larger version

Name:	artem_lazytown2.jpg
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	149504

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
              In Breakfast at Stephanies (and probably many more episodes) in Milford Meanswells living room, there is a painting. what painting is it? The "Girl with a Pearl Earring" but with a slight twist.
              It was a photoshop manipulation by Svetlana. Actually a mix of Bessie and Girl With The Pearl Earing.
              Not sure if there is some more background info.
              http://www.rusring.net/birta/2014/06...n-old-painting

Name:	bessie-with-a-perl-airing-3-800x385.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	149505

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, as I'm new here, but a search turned up nothing.
                In the My Little Pony episode "Every Little Thing She Does", Pinkie Pie starts to sing a song but is interrupted. The lyrics she manages to get out are the same as the chorus to Cooking By The Book!

https://youtu.be/Ae8ghpigj58?t=423

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddlesnowy View Post
                  Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, as I'm new here, but a search turned up nothing.
                  In the My Little Pony episode "Every Little Thing She Does", Pinkie Pie starts to sing a song but is interrupted. The lyrics she manages to get out are the same as the chorus to Cooking By The Book!
                  Hmmmm, nope. I don't think that's ever been pointed out. Thanks for doing so! It's intentional, for sure :)

Comment

good job man...it's really hard to recognize imao...didn't know that this cheesy song taken from a vintage german musical is a international classic

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                    The song in question is also a Danish classic.
                    hehe "mächtig gewaltig Egon"

Name:	Olsenbande106-resimage_v-variantSmall16x9_w-640.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	149506
                    Gallery

Comment

I don't know if it's a curiosity, I think it's more of a funfact. I talked to Máni Svavarsson and he said that the song "Maggi mjói" from Áfram Latibaer was written to sound like a german Oktoberfest/Drinking song. The way the instruments kinda "sway" and sound a bit untuned could easily be used for a drunk guy

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        "mächtig gewaltig Egon":
                        LMAO
                        Good old Die Olsenbande
                        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Last time someone was searching for the episode where "Siggi sæti" was played, while watching LazyTown I found it!
                          https://youtu.be/Baxy7AF_wk8?t=6m19s

Comment

Last time someone was searching for the episode where "Siggi sæti" was played, while watching LazyTown I found it!
                            Good catch. Although, I don't think that's the scene I was thinking of, so there must be at least 2 :)

Comment

nice...a real shame that we didn't find out earlier cuz we already talked about the scene where Zyggi intentionally throws the lolipop at the tree

http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post41083
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X