LazyTown Curiosities - Stina's robe from Glanni Glaepur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Curiosities - Stina's robe from Glanni Glaepur

I'm not sure what else to call it, but scattered across many of the episodes of the TV show are references in some form to the original stage plays. It's always really amusing to spot them, and here's one I just noticed now:

Stina's robe from "Glanni Gl?pur ? Latab?"

One of Robbie's extra disguises

Not the best screen shots, but it's just to make a point.

So! What jokes/references have the rest of you spotted? I know of a few more XD

LazyTown Curiosities

In the first episode, the card stephanie is stacking say laterbea (yeah, I know I spelled it wrong, big whoop)
    In crystal caper, Robbie Rotten offers stingy coins from every country "including iceland"
    Sportacus hails from "an island in the north"
    There are also a lot of musical references to movies, such as when Stephanie is dangling from the rope in "new superhero" (mission impossibleish) and the rockey theme in "hero for a day"

Also, robbies greatest misses, Robbie clicks his hooves together and says "sportacus, come out and playay", a reference to "The Warriors"

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

In Secret Agent Zero, "That's not real! It's a Puppet!"
      I Lol'd

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

In The laziest town, the music when Bessie runs for the last phone and it goes all slow-motion and blurry, the music sounds like Chariots of Fire. You've heard it, it's so famous as a 'victorious' piece of music that using it has become cheesy.

And obviously the 'I'm sportacus!' 'no, I'm sportacus!' bit.

Also on the subject of puppets, in Pixel TV, 'where do we get the puppets?' XD

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Yeah, I think the puppet show in pixel tv was kind of poking fun at other children's shows, I actually found it quite accurate.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

In Sportacus Who, Robbie 'informs' Sportacus that the 'kids' call him names behind his back, such as "the blue elf". Sportacus is particularly offended by this name.

(I believe Iprottalfur (I can never spell that) was an elf in earlier incarnations of Latibaer?)

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Zokita
              In Sportacus Who, Robbie 'informs' Sportacus that the 'kids' call him names behind his back, such as "the blue elf". Sportacus is particularly offended by this name.
              Sadly the german translation is "blue idiot". :/
              It makes more sense with elf. <.<

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Sir Finkus
                In the first episode, the card stephanie is stacking say laterbea (yeah, I know I spelled it wrong, big whoop)
                Oooh, I didn't know about that one. Now I need to go rewatch that to see...

Also in Double Trouble, the mayor is stuck outside of town wearing a rabbit suit while Robbie takes over as the mayor, just like the stage play. Although I don't know why he dresses up in a bunny outfit in the play... but still very silly XD

And I forget which episodes it's been played in, but in a few you can hear Ziggy's theme from the first play as instrumental in the background. They totally need to transfer the full thing to the show. I like that song...

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I think they play Ziggy's sad theme in Hero For A Day and Ziggy's Alien.
                  sigpic

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

This has been bothering me for a while now.

How old are the puppets supposed to be?

We know Ziggy's the youngest, because everyone was teasing him about it in Ziggy's Alien.
                    I reckon Stingy's around the same age as Stephanie, because (apart from Ziggy) he's the one she hangs around with most.
                    I'd say Pixel was a bit older, because he doesn't play with them that much, he's more into video games etc. (and he's the tallest).
                    I can't place Trixie, though.

Any thoughts?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I think the ages were mentioned on one of the incarnations of the lazytown.biz website...

Ziggy-6
                      Stingy-7
                      Trixie-8
                      Pixel-9

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I had a look on lazytown.biz, lazytown.com, go-go-lazytown.com and another one I can't remember before I asked and couldn't find anything.

So, that would mean Trixie & Stephanie are the same age, but Steph hangs around with Ziggy & Stingy a lot more than Trixie. Hmmm...

I think Stephanie has a thing for younger guys. ;)

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

^Maybe so, maybe so....I always liked Stephanie/Pixel though.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410140...t/thekids.html
                          This version of lazytown.biz (then lazytown.com) from 2004 has the ages I mentioned.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I don't trust the archived version of the official websites, older versions mention Bessie being Sportacus' mom and they state that Sportacus is always struggling with the temptation to eat junk food and give in to lazy ways.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

^True, but I think the ages are reasonable. Maybe they can't be official canon, but they sound likely.

Although Bessie being Sporty's mom would be kinda neat in a weird way. Maybe that would make an interesting fanfic...

Comment

Working...
                              X