Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LazyTown Curiosities - underlying drug message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Curiosities - underlying drug message?

LazyTown Curiosities

I am just curious to know if anyone thinks there may be underlying messages in lazytown?
    I love lazytown but I read this article by this well known professor and he explained that every song had an underlying drug message. I will find the link and post it. Its very interesting. I'm usually skeptical but he had really good evidence.
    Even if it is true I STILL LOVE LAZYTOWN. Has anyone else heard about this?

LazyTown Curiosities

I've noticed somethings that can be taken the wrong way in some songs.

But "good stuff" gimme a break thats about the most obvious ode to weed ive ever heard.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by jobe9779
      I really don't believe any of what they say is 'sposed' to be intentional subliminal messages (even with the good stuff). It more has to do with how that person chooses to interpret it.
      Yeah, I know that its not really an "ode to weed" and I really didn't think about it being about pot until YTMND.

I think that its just people being people and taking things out of context.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Cool, a visitor from dontlinkthis?

Were growing good stuff?! subliminal message that marijuana is good imo!

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Oh come on, is there any song or TV show that somehow *can't* be interpreted as having subliminal or drug messages. What rubbish.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Rule 14 anybody?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

People who research shit like this are called FAGGOTS. Everything can have a "hidden message" in it if you are paranoid, ignorant, and gullible enough. Oh and did I mention if you are idiotic enough, you will believe shit like that?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

This might be the article, angelbaby21 is referring to: http://anonym.to/?http://www.johnnyhall ... cleId/137/

Haven't read it yet, and that's just part 1!

ooozmin has a good point, subliminal doesn't work all that much. However, that was the last time I researched the subject. New evidence could have come in by then, or not. Some counter links to subliminal stuff:

http://anonym.to/?http://www.snopes.com ... opcorn.asp
                http://anonym.to/?http://forums.randi.o ... php?t=2180

I still need to read those links completely, I just skimmed it.

One thing I learned from critical thinking is to check out the evidence to see if those are really the results, and to see if the evidence is actually evidence, not some anecdotal event or story.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

thanks nina for adding the link. that is the one I was speaking of :)

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

that is probably the worst subliminal messaging article i have ever read. seriously though, when i'm listening to lazytown, drugs is probably the last thing on my mind.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

........LMAO!!! That article was hilarious!

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by jobe9779
                        I just kinda look at it like 'would they actually go through the trouble of trying to make a song dirty?' I can't see that.
                        I would.
                        ( )

Anyway, thanks for the link, nina!

Though I can't quite decide if that article is one of the best things I've ever read, or one of the worst.
                        Some bits are well argued and really quite funny, but a lot of other bits just fall flat. :?

But they did cite the wiki as one of their references, so extra brownie points for that.

Plus...
                        Originally posted by Johnny Hall
                        ...the children start work on a playground themed Meth Lab...
                        How can you not love that?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

lol, all of this guy's "evidence" is based on slang, I imagine that he hasn't researched if those terms mean anything in Iceland

anyway, a hilariously paranoid rant

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Oh my, I finally read the article. I also browsed around the site. This article appears to be for the 'lulz', except for intellectuals; what that would be called? However, I need to read the rest of his postings to understand this feller some more. He even did the false sources kind of joke without ever saying what Professor James D. Murray contributed. I looked up this professor and "Professor Murray was awarded his baccalaureate degree in mathematics and doctorate in applied mathematics". Definately not a sociologist. Strange humor if that's what he was doing. He even took the picture of Professor Murray from this http://www.amath.washington.edu/~murrayjd/]link here[/url]. Wiki article link here, if you want to check it out.

Originally posted by UltraMan
                            But they did cite the wiki as one of their references, so extra brownie points for that.
                            Pretty cool. :)

If this is lulz for intellectuals, then it's pretty funny. It has everything a researcher for truth would not do.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Nina Ballerina
                              If this is lulz for intellectuals, then it's pretty funny. It has everything a researcher for truth would not do.
                              I'm assuming it is.
                              The alternative is too depressing to consider. :|

Though I suppose this type of deadpan satire is a somewhat particularly English style of humour, so I'm not surprised that so many people don't really get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X