Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Curiosities - Forgotten to dub a line in song

LazyTown Curiosities

I'm not sure whether this counts as a goof, but it was pretty strange.

Sports Day was being shown on TMF the other day, and when they sang the song Energy, Stingy's second line was completely missing
    The music was still playing in the background, so it wasn't a problem with my tape recorder. It sounded like they'd just forgotten to dub that line in.
    It was supposed to go -

Sportacus: If you wanna jump around
    Stingy: You need energy
    Sportacus: There's nothing really like it.....

But it was -

*Big gap, with puppets still miming in background :) *

I checked my DVD and the line was as it should be, so evidently someone spotted the cock-up before it was released.

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Alan314159

Sports Day was being shown on TMF the other day, and when they sang the song Energy, Stingy's second line was completely missing
    The music was still playing in the background, so it wasn't a problem with my tape recorder. It sounded like they'd just forgotten to dub that line in.
    It was supposed to go -

Stingy: You need energy

But it was -

*Big gap, with puppets still miming in background :) *

I checked my DVD and the line was as it should be, so evidently someone spotted the cock-up before it was released.
    i think that was a goof up only in the UK dubs. you know how sometimes they repeat scenes and the puppets are recorded all over again for the UK instead of being reused? Energy was first used in the episode Sports Day, so, yea. maybe Stingys awesome voice actor got lazy.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by Alan314159

Yeah, I noticed that.

Another one that's similar, if not the complete opposite, is Surprise Santa.
      When Steph and Trixie are singing "I Love Christmas", they forgot to take out Trixie's US voice, so you've got both US and UK Trixie competing for the same lines.

They didn't correct that one before it went on the DVD, though.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Sportacus manages to knock off Steph's hat in Playday right after he frees the kids from the ropes.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

This isn't a goof up, more like a ****ed up. But when I watch my dl'ed version of "snow monster" (it's PVR'ed) there is a second audio track with weird ass commentary! EXPLAIN THAT!?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by ooozmin
            This isn't a goof up, more like a ****ed up. But when I watch my dl'ed version of "snow monster" (it's PVR'ed) there is a second audio track with weird ass commentary! EXPLAIN THAT!?
            I believe that track is for the seeing impaired or blind folks since they can't see what's going on the screen. An episode of CSI had one before when the station fumbled the signals. :)

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by nindanjoe
              Originally posted by ooozmin
              I believe that track is for the seeing impaired or blind folks since they can't see what's going on the screen. An episode of CSI had one before when the station fumbled the signals. :)
              lol, that's so weiiiird. It's funny how it recorded both tracks...it's fun watching LT in blind mode

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Don't know if anyone noticed this but in Sports Candy Festival when Robbie's dressed up as a banana and is on the skateboard: When Sportacus notices he's in trouble, he looks at the wall he's standing on and sees the pink hoop thing. Then he goes to pick it up and there's the quick shot of him looking down at the wall to find it again but then he's in mid-air.
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=GDjfZiAVfTE - about 2:17-ish because I have no idea if I make sense.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Can someone explain this "blind mode" audio track? Anyone have a sample of it to hear?

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by AgentKJ
                    Don't know if anyone noticed this but in Sports Candy Festival when Robbie's dressed up as a banana and is on the skateboard: When Sportacus notices he's in trouble, he looks at the wall he's standing on and sees the pink hoop thing. Then he goes to pick it up and there's the quick shot of him looking down at the wall to find it again but then he's in mid-air.
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GDjfZiAVfTE - about 2:17-ish because I have no idea if I make sense.
                    Hmm, never noticed that before. Gonna check some other rip of it and see if it's consistent.
                    EDIT: Oh my, it is.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by AgentKJ
                      Ha!
                      Nice catch.

At first I thought you meant they forgot to key in the CG wall leaving him standing in mid-air, but that wouldn't make sense because the walls are physical props.
                      They just slipped up on the editing, and instead of cutting in the shot of him jumping, they cut back to the previous shot by mistake.

Originally posted by merlin55
                      Can someone explain this "blind mode" audio track? Anyone have a sample of it to hear?
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/closeup/au..._guideto.shtml

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

lol, I never noticed the little editing mistake in Sports Candy Festival. I must have blinked when it happened. I know! It's a time-warp, that explains everything!

I like that link you posted there, Ultra Magnus. Lots of cool info, I just skimmed, I plan on reading it later. :)

merlin55, if you're interested in seeing a LazyTown episode like that has the audio track for the Visually Impaired, Skootch made an encode of Snow Monster that has. Also null made 4 encodes that have it as a 2nd audio track too; specifically: The LazyTown Circus, Friends Forever, Pixel TV, and School Scam. Not sure on the Crystal Caper episode, I forgot if it did. :p

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by NindianaJoe
                          I like that link you posted there, Ultra Magnus. Lots of cool info, I just skimmed, I plan on reading it later. :)
                          Most of the page seems to be just about details of how to get AD in the UK, so it won't be of much interest to you foreign types.
                          Plus, I just found it by accident when looking for a vid.

The BBC (at least I think it was the BBC) used to have this really cool promo where they had a film playing but the whole screen was black.
                          Then they had a woman doing AD over the top of it, and showed part of the screen within the waveform of her voice.
                          Woo! Symbolism!
                          I can't find it now, though. :(

Here's another cool one.
                          http://www.redbeemedia.com/promos/au...cription.shtml
                          Not quite as good as the one I was looking for, though.

Originally posted by Dr. Joe
                          merlin55, if you're interested in seeing a LazyTown episode like that has the audio track for the Visually Impaired, Skootch made an encode of Snow Monster that has. Also null made 4 encodes that have it as a 2nd audio track too; specifically: The LazyTown Circus, Friends Forever, Pixel TV, and School Scam. Not sure on the Crystal Caper episode, I forgot if it did. :p
                          That's cool.

Some day I want to own LazyTown episodes that feature every audio track in existence.
                          Every different language, the alternate dubs, and now the AD track too.
                          And I'm counting on you to make that happen, Dr. Joe.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

I got one: in Little Sportacus when Ziggy goes to Pixel's house to get Sportacus some new clothes, just before he rings the doorbell, the 'Z' on his shirt is backwards.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

in some episodes (like in "once upon a time")when you see the billboard you can also the leaves of the bush disguise

Comment

Working...
                              X