Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LazyTown CDs

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
    You're probably thinking of "The New Album" released out of Australia, and that has a mix of season 1 and 2 songs on it.

I don't think there's another CD with those two songs both on it. The only other CD that has "Go For It" included is the CD "LazyTown" from the USA, but it does not have "The Mine Song."
    Gotta love getting answers, yet having more questions. (gosh this sounds snarky, I didn't mean it like that )

When you kindly sent The Album files my way, I initially thought it was precisely what I had before. But those missing tracks, including "Anything Can Happen", really stuck out to me. One thing I know wasn't on this old compilation/release was the UK version of "Cooking By The Book".

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
    The link in this post seems to work still. Not sure if it's still accurate because the list is not updated with CDs released after this post date yet.
    http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post68951
    Might not be updated and it may not've solved this mystery, but this is a fantastic resource and I thank you for pointing me in its direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
      Gotta love getting answers, yet having more questions. (gosh this sounds snarky, I didn't mean it like that )
      When you kindly sent The Album files my way, I initially thought it was precisely what I had before. But those missing tracks, including "Anything Can Happen", really stuck out to me. One thing I know wasn't on this old compilation/release was the UK version of "Cooking By The Book".
      "The New Album" from Australia, the one that I mentioned before, also has "Anything Can Happen" on it, and does not have any version of "Cooking by the Book" on it. The only other CD with "Anything Can Happen" track on it, and here's where it gets confusing, is "The New Album" released from the UK.

The Tracklist for "The New Album" - AUS:

Welcome To LazyTown
      Go For It
      Anything Can Happen
      Playing On the Playground
      Let's Go
      We Got The Energy
      I Can Dance
      New Games Every Day
      Colours
      I Wanna Dance
      Woof, Woof, Woof
      I Like Learing
      Story Time
      The Greatest Genie
      Clean Up
      It's Mine
      Techno Generation
      We Will Be Friends

Comment

Indeed, it can get confusing when they all have the same or simmilar names!

I wish I could say that's the one, but I know I've not heard many of those tracks so that can't be it.

It was pretty much the US track listing sans "Woof Woof Woof", "Take a Vacation", Adam Marano's remix of "Bing Bang", and IIRC no version of "Cooking. . .". In the place of those tracks were "The Mine Song", "Go For It" and "Anything Can Happen". I'm quite certain I grabbed it off MegaUpload before their 2011 takedown, meaning I probably found it here when I first came across the site.

Comment

Indeed, it can get confusing when they all have the same or simmilar names!

I wish I could say that's the one, but I know I've not heard many of those tracks so that can't be it.

It was pretty much the US track listing sans "Woof Woof Woof", "Take a Vacation", Adam Marano's remix of "Bing Bang", and IIRC no version of "Cooking. . .". In the place of those tracks were "The Mine Song", "Go For It" and "Anything Can Happen". I'm quite certain I grabbed it off MegaUpload before their 2011 takedown, meaning I probably found it here when I first came across the site.
          I see. Well, the AUS CD came out after that, so that wouldn't be it. Probably what it is is not a standard CD rip, rather, a mix of rips from multiple CDs including "The Album" and "The New Album" from the UK.

As I said before, "The Mine Song" was only ever officially released on CD on "The New Album" AUS, however, I do know that a clean CD-like version was floating around before there on torrents etc. though I'm not sure where it originated from. The same is the case for a few other songs. That must be the version that you had.

Comment

Ah, rips of dubious origin! That explains everything! Thanks for that bit of insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              ..I do know that a clean CD-like version was floating around before there on torrents etc. though I'm not sure where it originated from. The same is the case for a few other songs. That must be the version that you had.
              Those were the Nick JR rips actually. Not CD quality but 112kbps mp3 webrips. It doesn't matter if you convert them to 192 or even 320kbps, the quality will still be low.

Also the list:
              http://lazytownworld.getlazy.net/lazytown_songs.html
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Those were the Nick JR rips actually.
                That's right, I remember now.

Comment

Those were the Nick JR rips actually. Not CD quality but 112kbps mp3 webrips. It doesn't matter if you convert them to 192 or even 320kbps, the quality will still be low.
                  IIRC the overall quality of these rips was low, so a few 112s could've slipped in.

Were these just audio files hosted on the Nick Jr site, or was there a video component?

Comment

IIRC the overall quality of these rips was low, so a few 112s could've slipped in.

Were these just audio files hosted on the Nick Jr site, or was there a video component?
                    It was a Nick JR musicbox and it played 28 random LazyTown songs in low or high quality (64 vs 112kbps mp3). We knew the direct links to the songs so users could download. It's not working anymore though.
                    http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...ad.php?t=63634

That was the source of the unreleased songs "We're Dancing" "Anything Can Happen" and "The Mine Song". It took a few years before those songs were released.
                    For hardcore LazyTown fans: some of the songs were a bit different from the orginal CD versions.
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm quite curious as to what differences there were.

Comment

Remember that part where I said to be patient and not order CDs online? Do what I say, not what I do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dv0Qboq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	149462

Jk, these were actually quite cheap. G'bye mp3s, hello sweet sweet FLAC-ey goodness!

Comment

Remember that part where I said to be patient and not order CDs online? Do what I say, not what I do.
                          Jk, these were actually quite cheap. G'bye mp3s, hello sweet sweet FLAC-ey goodness!
                          I'm glad that you are a proactive approach.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6675[/ATTACH]

Nice find

Comment

wow, great CD's

Comment

The one in the yellow case is a UK one, right?

I really hope I stumble upon a LazyTown CD or DVD whilst out thrift shopping.

Comment

Working...
                                X