Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Video Editor Do You Use For LazyTown Videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Video Editor Do You Use For LazyTown Videos?

I do too, but you can't seem to add multiple files to the one project. Unless I've completely missed that feature of course.

Comment

Re: What video editor do you use for LazyTown video's

Originally posted by Xizer
      VideoReDo is the best because it can edit MPEG2 and H.264 video without re-encoding.
      http://www.videoredo.com
      I failed to get this to work, all it does is giving me errors and notifications that the videofile/codec/extention whatever is not supported.
      So I switched to another piece of software which supports and accepts all my videofiles/codecs/extentions (except wmv), and I can edit, merge, change audio, add subtitles ets without re-encoding. The file is done within seconds.
      http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

The extention output is .mkv and some editors are not capable to handle that extention. Uploading to YouTube is no problem.
      The advantage for me was that I had a 25 minute video file, I changed the audio (from british english to US language) and edited it in 2 pieces, because YouTube can only handle max 15 minutes. It was done in less than 5 minutes

Nindanjoe already talked about this ealier, credits to him, but I did not need it until now:
      viewtopic.php?p=29772#p29772
      viewtopic.php?p=41278#p41278
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
        I can edit, merge, change audio, add subtitles ets without re-encoding
        obviously you are re-encoding somewhere if various file sources are being output in a matroska container.

Probably for the best tho, since the main appeal of Redo is that it can edit HD video without any loss. If you are starting out with a format that can't handle HD video anyway, there is no advantage to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNixon
          I do too, but you can't seem to add multiple files to the one project. Unless I've completely missed that feature of course.
          You can prepare clips and then attach them one after another, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
            VideoReDo is the best because it can edit MPEG2 and H.264 video without re-encoding.
            http://www.videoredo.com
            I failed to get this to work, all it does is giving me errors and notifications that the videofile/codec/extention whatever is not supported.
            So I switched to another piece of software which supports and accepts all my videofiles/codecs/extentions (except wmv), and I can edit, merge, change audio, add subtitles ets without re-encoding. The file is done within seconds.
            http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

The extention output is .mkv and some editors are not capable to handle that extention. Uploading to YouTube is no problem.
            The advantage for me was that I had a 25 minute video file, I changed the audio (from british english to US language) and edited it in 2 pieces, because YouTube can only handle max 15 minutes. It was done in less than 5 minutes

Nindanjoe already talked about this ealier, credits to him, but I did not need it until now:
            viewtopic.php?p=29772#p29772
            viewtopic.php?p=41278#p41278
            VideoReDo is only intended for MPEG video and H.264 video. It works great for DVD VOBs, and American and European HDTV broadcasts. It doesn't work with avis/wmvs. I would hope they include support for other video codecs some day as it has the best interface of any editor I've used.

I was unaware you just wanted to remux video instead of doing frame-by-frame accurate editing, in which case I would have recommended the MKVtoolnix. It is more cumbersome to use than VideoReDo for editing files, but muxing in audio tracks from different sources and such it can handle like a champ.

Originally posted by SportaKandy
            I can edit, merge, change audio, add subtitles ets without re-encoding
            obviously you are re-encoding somewhere if various file sources are being output in a matroska container.

Probably for the best tho, since the main appeal of Redo is that it can edit HD video without any loss. If you are starting out with a format that can't handle HD video anyway, there is no advantage to using it.
            mkvmerge does not re-encode. It is just used for remuxing. The Matroska container can handle just about every video and audio codec under the sun.

Now if she was taking two separate video files encoded with two separate codecs, I.E. a H.264 file and a MPEG-2 file, and attempting to join them into one video file, then yes, I believe a re-encode would be necessary.

Comment

You misunderstand, I didn't make this topic because I wanted to edit/merge/add the way I did now. Some time after you posted about VideoReDo I was in the need to have some kind of software like that. Easy and quick. So I spend some time to get it to work because I really wanted it to work, but unfortunately it didn't. I read a lot of it online, like comments by people having the same issues or answers. I adjusted some settings, and it almost worked but did not in the end. So after that I went over to mkvtoolnix with good results.

I started this topic actually because I want to try something different with video editing, and sometimes I got questions what video editor to use best.
              Looks like Sony Vegas (Pro 9 or Pro 10) is one of the top editors, most used by teenagers on YouTube.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Which Sony Vegas software do I buy? they all look the same :oops: I'd like to complete a wmv project before the month is out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...egas+windows+7
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

The software is expensive. Scroll down on that page you linked:

Sony Vegas Pro 10 (PC) - Windows 7 / Vista / XP
                  Sony Vegas Pro 10, Upgrade Edition (PC) (if you have an earlier version)

There is a 32bit and a 64bit version, but it could be that it's combined in this pack. I'm not sure if it's combined though.

extra info:
                  http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro

Comment

I seriously need to use Adobe After Effects again, it's been three years already since the last video. Probably I forgot half of the functions of the 20% that I knew

Comment

I use Movie Maker and Powerpoint.
                      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

I just downloaded MPEG Video Wizard, so maybe I'll start using that.
                        MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                        X