Iceland holiday plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland holiday plans

Yep, I'm off on Tuesday. I'm going all by myself though, so I'll probably get hideously lost. Just as well it's a small country...
    Ana (beticaforever) forced me to contact Máni Svavarsson, for which I am very grateful, so hopefully I'm going to be allowed inside the studio.

Where abouts are you planning on going, xjocundxlilacx? Perhaps we should make a separate thread: Iceland holiday plans. :)

LazyTown Merchandise

Originally posted by Alan314159
    Perhaps we should make a separate thread: Iceland holiday plans. :)
    The capital area, maybe venture out into Borgarnes and even Akureyri, the former cos Maggi lived there as a kid, the latter cos... I wanna check it out. I might get in touch with Mani too and see if I can get let in :( My mum won't let me go on my own though... long story involving a learning disability :(

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Originally posted by xjocundxlilacx
      The capital area, maybe venture out into Borgarnes and even Akureyri, the former cos Maggi lived there as a kid, the latter cos... I wanna check it out. I might get in touch with Mani too and see if I can get let in :( My mum won't let me go on my own though... long story involving a learning disability :(
      Sounds great. I'm hiring a car and I'm planning to go to Borgarnes, amongst other places, not that there's probably much there except for the fabled Post Office , but I think Akureyri might be a little far for me (I hate driving, I think I'm 22 with the knees of an 80-year-old and the clutch is a b***er!).

Quite frankly I'm surprised that I'm allowed to go by myself. I'm a smidgen autistic and get nervous about catching the bus into town, so negotiating Heathrow should be an experience!

Máni says that I'll be allowed to take photos of the sets but not the puppets, props or costumes, and apparently there's a form to sign so I imagine it'll be non-disclosure stuff that prohibits me from putting them up on the 'net. :(

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Shit, both you guys must be excited, especialy you, Alan...not only are you visiting an awesome country, but your meating Mani Svavarson in person (and maybee others too), and visiting the LTEntertainment studios...I'm kind of gelous, cause I haven't got many posibilities to travel, and i love to do that... :(

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Sounds great. I'm hiring a car and I'm planning to go to Borgarnes, amongst other places, not that there's probably much there except for the fabled Post Office , but I think Akureyri might be a little far for me (I hate driving, I think I'm 22 with the knees of an 80-year-old and the clutch is a b***er!).

Quite frankly I'm surprised that I'm allowed to go by myself. I'm a smidgen autistic and get nervous about catching the bus into town, so negotiating Heathrow should be an experience!

Máni says that I'll be allowed to take photos of the sets but not the puppets, props or costumes, and apparently there's a form to sign so I imagine it'll be non-disclosure stuff that prohibits me from putting them up on the 'net. :(
          I can't even drive. Buses are better, but First (who run the bus service where I live) are twats, so I dont really go out on my own much. Lucky I go to uni in a big city centre And if you thought your knees were bad, I'm just like Robbie Rotten, every time I move I sprain SOMETHING

I imagine there's a big project going on at the studios

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

I imagine there's a big project going on at the studios
            Pff, could be. Can´t get hold of Máni, that´s for sure. Sent him an email from the hotel computer in the end, hope he replies before I have to fly home... :?

Still looking for a restaurant that sells puffin. In the meantime I´m living on tubs of skyr. I´m aiming to try one of every flavour they sell in Hagkaup or Bónus!

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Well, if Mani does not answer you, you can try to call to the Studio, and he knows about you going there anyways hehe and good luck my friend.

Guys, don´t be jealous, you must be happy about a lazytowner going to Iceland.
              Btw, Alan, tell me, how is Iceland?

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Pff, could be. Can´t get hold of Máni, that´s for sure. Sent him an email from the hotel computer in the end, hope he replies before I have to fly home... :?

Still looking for a restaurant that sells puffin. In the meantime I´m living on tubs of skyr. I´m aiming to try one of every flavour they sell in Hagkaup or Bónus!
                Eww, puffins :(

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Eww, puffins :(
                  Apparently they taste like duck, but less fatty. With that in mind, I´m surprised Magnús isn´t plugging them as a healthy alternative.

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Apparently they taste like duck, but less fatty. With that in mind, I´m surprised Magnús isn´t plugging them as a healthy alternative.
                    Hmm... well I'm dressing up as Iceland from Hetalia for Halloween, so I won't eat my pet puffin yet. I'll stick to ice cream XD

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Heard from Máni now, he gave me his mobile number to phone so hopefully I should be able to arrange something by later on today. Don´t really have a lot of choice on the date - I fly back home on Tuesday! :) Going to use this afternoon to make a dry-run down to the studio; still getting hopelessly lost on roads I should be familiar with by now.

I think I´ll leave it until the afternoon to call him - no-one seems to get up very early around here!

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Heard from Máni now, he gave me his mobile number to phone so hopefully I should be able to arrange something by later on today. Don´t really have a lot of choice on the date - I fly back home on Tuesday! :) Going to use this afternoon to make a dry-run down to the studio; still getting hopelessly lost on roads I should be familiar with by now.

I think I´ll leave it until the afternoon to call him - no-one seems to get up very early around here!
                        They get up early at the studios :).

Comment

Working...
                        X