Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really interested in custom T-shirt ideas with LazyTown

LazyTown Merchandise

So I walk into Walmart today after a run determined to get some LT merchandise which I have been wanting for a year. But of course I live in the USA where half the items in Walmart have Hanna Montana's face plastered on them and LazyTown has been gone for a long time. But like I said I was determined so I walked out with some plain black T-shirts and a transfer kit to make my own damn merch. So far I plan on one shirt having the official LazyTown logo as big and copyright infringing as possible, the others are up for debate. I don't want them to be to pedoish or feminine if anyone wants to make some suggestions for a pic or pic/text combination.

So America wasn't a complete failure in the storefronts; despite absolutely no one carrying official merch anymore at least they make copyright infringement on T-shirts possible for about 20 bucks.

So I figured I would search ebay since Walmart provided me with all it could. I was appalled at the lack of LT merch and especially the inflated prices on the cd's and dvds. It took me about half an hour to realize I should switch over to ebay.co.uk instead and was delighted to find the results increased ten fold. So I ordered 4 pieces of official merch to be shipped from the big island stateside (which was not cheap I must say, but I don't feel I was raped on the cost either). I got 2 different sets of "Gift packs" which have the metal tin, pencil, and some other stuff. I ordered a second one when I realized that the first one I ordered had 2 pencils while I found another with the same items minus scissors and one pencil but adding a ballpoint pen. I wanted the damn pen so I ordered another one. >_> For some reason I really want the pencil tins also. I'm also eyeing the official soft nylon pencil case too for one with reasonable shipping cost to me to be ordered eventually.

Next I ordered Stephanie's official diary. I felt like less of a man after hitting that buy it now button buy hey, it had more pencils. It's unlikely I will actually write anything in the thing except maybe a big LOL on the last page and just put it on display somewhere. After that I ordered a roll of official wall paper bordering. I'm moving into a new apartment in a few weeks for a new school and I'll use that to put LT goodness around the trim on the kitchen counter or something.

As much as I want the official audio cds (my favorite part of LazyTown) they were still to expensive to justify at the moment considering I already have every single song in my Itunes. I do want to get them eventually though. There were no official posters at a reasonable price either... which is ok considering....:

I also plan to create my own blown up images and put them on the walls with Rasterbater and PosteRazor which should be really fun. I want to have like a gigantic frame from Cooking by the Book in the living room, covering like an entire wall, with some other pictures elsewhere. I had one in my apartment for a year during my undergrad to great success, but living with 2 other roomates I never got to make it as big as I dream of. My LazyTown image (It was something just a little bigger then a standard poster size) was relegated to my area and dwarfed by other crappy bands and movies. I'll be living alone this time so I finally have the wall space which I need.

I'll post pics of all these things as they are completed or come in... maybe pose with the diary for some laughs....

Anyways has anyone else been bitten by the merch bug at some point and if so I'd like to see what you got. Or at least what you plan to get/wish you could get.

Really interested in custom T-shirt ideas also since you guys could come up with some hilarious and original stuff.

Sorry if the text wall bored you, I tend to be very verbose. I'm going to try to help revive this board. DON'T DIE ON ME. REPLY REPLY.

LazyTown Merchandise

I made a lazytown shirt a while back. Like a year ago.

You can find the lazytown logo on google. I think ive got it in 500x400 rez or something similar.

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

So last night I tried my hand at these Iron on transfer thingies. First time using them and I'm surprised at how
      well they turned out. I used one of the 5 sheets to make both a T-shirt and my mousepad with the logo:

[img]http://img509.**********.us/img509/6275/ltshirtyh6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img292.**********.us/img292/237/ltmousepadwi6.jpg[/img]

I really like how they turned out. I can make the image substantially bigger than that too but I wanted
      to get two logos out of one sheet.

Also here is an example of what you can do with posterazor. Printed off a color lazer so there is some glare with
      camera flash, barely any when up on the wall with normal lighting though.

It is 4 sheets across and 2 sheets high, and you can make them to any size and still look good if the base image is
      high enough res. Having a good color printer is a plus though. A lot better than paying close to 20 dollars to have
      official posters shipped overseas, not to mention you can use your favorite pictures instead of the few that they make.

[img]http://img511.**********.us/img511/3403/postestephni8.jpg[/img]

Let me know what you think and I need some T-shirt ideas. If you have a funny idea and want to make it a T-shirt
      I'll be posting pics of everything I get/make so help me out here!

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

I should say I prefer black shirts and I'll talk about the iron on transfers specifically for dark colors. The process
        is much different from light color process (from reading online reviews and instructions) and instead of dying
        the shirt with a reverse print, you print standard onto a sort of plasticy sheet that then melds into the shirt.
        I used an inkjet photo printer on them and there was no color loss after the transfer (although some online
        reviews complained of this I assume they did something wrong)

It does seem however that dark shirt transfers are the way to go even if you are printing onto a white shirt,
        although they are a little more expensive the result looks pretty professional. I recommend them they feel
        sturdy but I will give a follow up after some washings.

To say a little bit about posterazor and rasterbater, you can get both of these to make your own posters.
        Posterazor (which I used for Stephanie) will just blow up your image into a chosen number of pages without
        making any other modifications. You can get it off sourceforge. http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

And rasterbater will do the same thing but digitize your image into dots. The point is to be artistic and leave an
        image that up-close looks like a lot of circles but gets clearer and clearer the farther away you are from it.
        You can specify the dot size for clarity or how far you want to view it from. You can have some pretty cool
        effects but if you just want a straight blown up image, you have to use posterazor instead.

Here is an example of something I made a while ago using the dot effect of rasterbater.
        3 sheets across and 4 sheets high oriented in landscape.
        [img]http://img530.**********.us/img530/8762/lazypunkji5.jpg[/img]

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to ask what the highest res screens from Cooking by the Book are out there.
        I have some decent ones and the color changing ones from the picture thread (Which are awesome) but I'm
        just wondering if any of you have any at an epic resolution that would lend itself well to being blown up. Needless
        to say the better image you start with the better the final product is going to look so finding the base image
        for my gigantic one will be important.
        --

btw Alan whats your shirt idea that you have in the pipeline? If you don't mind sharing.

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Originally posted by powdered
          btw Alan whats your shirt idea that you have in the pipeline? If you don't mind sharing.
          It's a dark blue t-shirt, and I'm going to take off the sleeves and change them for light blue ones with the white and black stripe up the side. I'm gonna sew a white "10" onto the back, and hopefully, if my sewing skills extend that far, I'm going to attempt to embroider the "Latibær" and "LazyTown" logos onto the front (graduated yellow and orange; I've already done the "L" which doesn't look too bad, but I'll wait and see how the rest turn out), and "Íþróttaálfurinn" and "Sportacus" in white underneath.

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Got some mail today.

[img]http://img157.**********.us/img157/6281/lazy1kv2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img112.**********.us/img112/3843/lazy2ak7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img201.**********.us/img201/58/lazy3nh5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img224.**********.us/img224/7716/lazy4yk2.jpg[/img]

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

wow powdered that's ****ing awesome how mush $$$

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Hey powdered, how about a stephanie duvet twin/pillowcase for your new apartment j/k haha.
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 83&sr=8-12

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

About 40 USD after shipping costs and paypal conversions.

Not cheap to ship here unfortunately

-And yeah I'd love to get those pillowcases >_> but my bed is going to be a California King so the duvet cover
                  would be a little minuscule.

I'm leaving in about a week so I'm not going to order anything else until I'm in my new place since shipping
                  is slow. But once my school loan money comes in I'm going to buy more things.... heheheh

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

oh lawd

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

You know I do.

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

I do too.

If they just came in a bigger size...

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

Originally posted by eleanor
                          If they just came in a bigger size...
                          I second that, although I'd prefer the Sportacus ones. They should make the socks in bigger sizes, too. Somehow I think I'm well beyond squeezing into kids' size 12 :(

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

I could wear kids age 12. (I still do) Is it me or are they making kids clothes really big nowadays?

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X