Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My collection of LazyTown merchandise - 3 action figures, cubes

Re: LazyTown Merchandise

It's not a super rare or costly collection, but here's mine.

I have the 3 action figures. Steph and Robb are in great shape, but Sport has a bit of wear and tear. I don't really care, as I'm not a hardcore collector.

Click image for larger versionName:	gfdgfdgdgdgfdgfdg.jpgViews:	1Size:	706.1 KBID:	150448

Next, I have this shirt. I like to wear it when I'm out with my friends to embarrass them. I usually get pretty good reactions from it.

Click image for larger versionName:	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpgViews:	1Size:	658.8 KBID:	150449

I really want this shirt here, https://www.redbubble.com/people/wan...obbie%20rotten, but the only thing stopping me from buying it, is the formatting. Idk, it reads weird (like the "Don't Dead Open Inside meme). It's supposed to say "Live rotten, Die rotten, Keep Lazytown lazy."

Last, and OH BABY CERTAINLY NOT LEAST is a custom 3x3 puzzle cube! I tried to get all 3 sides in the shot, but if you want to see them solo, just ask. It turns pretty well, and would be decent for speedcubing (is it comp legal tho??), however, it takes a few more steps to line up the images, and there are also a lot of shared/dark colors, so if you go fast, you can easily confuse them with another piece of the picture.

Click image for larger versionName:	cube1.jpgViews:	1Size:	926.5 KBID:	150450
    Click image for larger versionName:	cube2.jpgViews:	1Size:	754.0 KBID:	150451

I kinda regret not making one of the sides Milford's face. Like, JUST his face. Oh well, at least I can do this.

Click image for larger versionName:	cube3.jpgViews:	1Size:	626.6 KBID:	150452

Those action figures are great! They kinda look like the ones Robbie has in Who's Who.

Comment

Originally posted by lalalei2001 View Post
      Those action figures are great! They kinda look like the ones Robbie has in Who's Who.
      True! Does it count as product placement if it's your own company??

Comment

Originally posted by Ezaconefifeten View Post
        True! Does it count as product placement if it's your own company??
        I think so; there's a rule about children's media in America that they can't advertise real-world products directly on kids' shows, which is why Yu=Gi-Oh cards had to be changed for the dub so they wouldn't match the products exactly. (Note that this doesn't apply to movies, where the cards are game-accurate. That's also why the Powerpuff Girls episode about the collector couldn't have any real merchandise!) So it's probably not exactly the same, but it's still neat!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9176[/ATTACH]
          lol
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

If they had used an image of Stefan with his actual eye colour and not the brown eyes, I would happily wear this LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
              If they had used an image of Stefan with his actual eye colour and not the brown eyes,
              ugh why did they even do that. This goes in the book of worse decisions from LazyTown.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

All the Robbie merch and character art seems to have brown eyes for whatever reason, including the comics. Maybe they tried to compromise between blue and gray, decided that the gray looked more brown (it's had to tell from a distance!) or they didn't want/need blue paint for 2 tiny spots when his hair was already dark brown. I'm curious about the reasoning behind it too! Just another LazyTown mystery to solve. :)

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                  ugh why did they even do that. This goes in the book of worse decisions from LazyTown.
                  This honestly has always bugged me haha! I have no clue why they decided to make Robbie's eyes brown in all photos and merchandise. I've always wondered it myself

Comment

My guess is grey eyes are harder to render/paint. I found a thing on DeviantArt wondering about it too! https://www.deviantart.com/gwendolyn...eyes-118376570

Comment

LazyTown Merchandise

I always thought that it was to "Americanize" Robbie. Like how Sportacus is more tan/has darker features, and is a superhero instead of an elf. Maybe dark eyes were supposed to make him more imposing somehow? I dunno, it's the most minute and annoying thing. Bruh, the (intended) audience isn't going to care or notice, so why bother??

Comment

it's the most minute and annoying thing. Bruh, the (intended) audience isn't going to care or notice, so why bother??
                        It always annoyed me that both Magnus and Stefan have light eyes, but Sportacus got to keep the blue eyes and Robbie, my favourite, got messed around with, lol.
                        I swear I even remember Stefan himself saying he noticed and was puzzled by the change.

I did want to buy the shirt someone made to raise funds for Stefan's go fund me, but the design was so great that every time I checked it was always sold out.

Comment

Working...
                        X