Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazyshoops - LazyTown Season 1 DVD Cover Episode 1 to 4

LazyTown Season 1 (Episodes 1-4) DVD Cover

Yeah, I tried my hand at making a DVD cover for those of you who want it :/ I guess if people want more (or edits), I may comply with their requests or whatever.
    sigpic

I love it, the design is so crisp, clean, and simple! It'd look great on the inside of a DVD boxset, though the outside would need a bigger and more attention-grabbing image I think.

Comment

Re: LazyTown Season 1 (Episodes 1-4) DVD Cover

I like it, although I think the panel on the back could probably be a bit bigger

Comment

How do you make writing in the style of the lazy town logo?

Comment

it's awesome, edis :)

Comment

Originally posted by calc
            How do you make writing in the style of the lazy town logo?
            Manually Take the Arial Black font, italicize it -- Make it a good orange colour, then give the middle a stripe of red. Then apply white and blue font strokes afterwards. And BAM, you have a LazyTown font :)
            sigpic

Comment

Freestyle Script. It's a perfect match ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EdisLeado
                Then apply white and blue font strokes afterwards.
                Is there a trick to do this or do you use the brush to draw around the edge of the text? I have paint shop pro and I can only set 1 font stroke, even if I play with the gradient of the stroke I can't get it to layer. I even tried making the font size 1 bigger but the new characters don't line up.

Comment

Dunno about PSP, but in Photoshop you could add a glow to the text layer.. maybe there's a similar featuyre in PSP?

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                    Dunno about PSP, but in Photoshop you could add a glow to the text layer.. maybe there's a similar featuyre in PSP?
                    Hmm, there is a glow and neon effect but you can't change the color. There's also a colored edges effect but you can't adjust the thickness plus if I pick blue for the color it comes out purple (it's blending with the orange/red of the text I think).

However all is not lost :) By creating the text as "floating" it puts a selection around it, which I can grow by 2px. If I set the background color to blue before expanding the selection I then get the blue border. The final step is either to copy the current selection, or invert it and remove the rest of the blue.
                    [img]http://img70.**********.us/img70/4892/lazytownfontkr3.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X