No announcement yet.

Will there be more Stephanie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The end of Lazytown, or current steph?

As soon as I read jumping the shark, I pictured an episode where Sportacus does just that. Kind of as a tongue-in-cheek reference to both Happy Days and the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Kali
      As soon as I read jumping the shark, I pictured an episode where Sportacus does just that. Kind of as a tongue-in-cheek reference to both Happy Days and the concept.
      That would be really funny, though comical references to shark jumping in serial fiction really should occur before there is any chance of metaphorical shark jumping. Whether we're close to metaphorical shark jumping depends on Magnus, really, if he can come up with fun ideas without anvilicious preaching on the merits/danger of [subject of the ep] too often.

I don't think that Juli leaving would be a major disaster (it might lose LT some older fans, but actors have been replaced before and the series gone on, and I doubt the kids will really notice), but I do think that Julianna could continue playing the role. Now she's gone through most of puberty, rather like the 'uncanny valley' effect on characters that are close to human but not quite, she might actually regain some plausibility if she's playing a child character as an adult actor instead of as a child actor who grew.
      However, I think the real issue as far as continuing goes is: does Magnus think it's a good idea? The answer for the series is most likely "why would I stop now?", for Julianna, none of us know for sure, but I would say that if he had any control at all over the official Latibaer cartoon art or casting the plays (and I think it's ludicrous to say he wouldn't have), he has no objections to Solla having breasts looking like a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
        That would be really funny, though comical references to shark jumping in serial fiction really should occur before there is any chance of metaphorical shark jumping. Whether we're close to metaphorical shark jumping depends on Magnus, really, if he can come up with fun ideas without anvilicious preaching on the merits/danger of [subject of the ep] too often.

I don't think that Juli leaving would be a major disaster (it might lose LT some older fans, but actors have been replaced before and the series gone on, and I doubt the kids will really notice), but I do think that Julianna could continue playing the role. Now she's gone through most of puberty, rather like the 'uncanny valley' effect on characters that are close to human but not quite, she might actually regain some plausibility if she's playing a child character as an adult actor instead of as a child actor who grew.
        However, I think the real issue as far as continuing goes is: does Magnus think it's a good idea? The answer for the series is most likely "why would I stop now?", for Julianna, none of us know for sure, but I would say that if he had any control at all over the official Latibaer cartoon art or casting the plays (and I think it's ludicrous to say he wouldn't have), he has no objections to Solla having breasts looking like a woman.
        sometimes your overly thought out and massive posts make me happy.

Comment

Stephanie gets turned into a puppet.

Comment

Ewww, that makes it sound like puppets are some kind of freak disease, like you could 'catch' being a puppet.

Having seen Dancing Dreams, I don't see any problems. Julianna is petite, and still looks the part. I wondered if the fact in that episode she spent time next to/dancing with Stefan instead of Magnus was a way of making her appear smaller...

And let's face it, the Glanni Glaepur stage show Solla was all woman...

Comment

Working...
            X