Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get a new young Stephanie into the show?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Comment

. .
      l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by Dear Leader
        Iceland is bankrupt, LazyTown Entertainment is dead.
        We can't let George W's actions take Stephanie too. But it's true, the Icelandic króna is still suspended from most markets, and their assets became worth less than nothing. Move the show to Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by bungie
          Iceland is bankrupt, LazyTown Entertainment is dead.
          We can't let George W's actions take Stephanie too. But it's true, the Icelandic króna is still suspended from most markets, and their assets became worth less than nothing. Move the show to Norway.
          Iceland is bankrupt. True dat.
          Sure is a good thing that they have lisences in what was it...95 countries? More?
          LazyTown Entertainment is alive and well guys.

Comment

Magnus Scheving should read our appeal. Get it back on!

Comment

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

How dare you insult Jellyanna. Julianna is the one who actually made this show watching. No Julianna, no LazyTown. Just... blehtown.
                It doesn't matter anyway since LazyTown is dead. Dead dead dead. I doubt we will ever see a Blu-ray release. This whole thing has been horribly mismanaged. They go to all the trouble to film the shit in full HD and it's been five ****ing years and all we get out of it is a few BBC HD airs of crappy spin-off shorts? They could have at least thrown up 720p encodes on the iTunes store. Iceland is bankrupt, LazyTown Entertainment is dead.
                Originally posted by Lazycus
                Now look, a brand new user. Bungie, huh? Many interesting words begin with a "B". "Blasphemy" is one. "Banlist" comes to mind.
                And Yellow, first I thought you were just on a trolling spree. Now you even defile one of the most popular fet- ... relics known to Getlazy? This is madness.
                Perhaps you guys (and some other people) should think about why it is that you watch (and like?) LazyTown.
                Just sayin' :S

Comment

-

Comment

Julianna is and will always be the Stephanie icon, that's for sure. The same counts for Sportacus played by magnús and Robbie Rotten played by Stefán. I don't want LazyTown to stop and if changes are necessary so be it, I can take changes, it's not the end of the world.
                    I do respect opinions of by others who thinks Julianna had to be replaced sooner although I have doubts about the motivation of the topic starter. I can go with some arguements of Stingy user.
                    I must say you all did great with the pictures, which says more than a thousant words. I hope we all can keep the atmosphere healthy on this forum.

Respect.
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

. .
                      l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Perhaps you guys (and some other people) should think about why it is that you watch (and like?) LazyTown.
                        And this is what i ment. The girl that act Stephanie can no more act as Stephanie.

Bringing a new girl will have Stephanie to live on, as we know her. It will help Juliannas future career - as first stephanie - and it will help LazyTown to licence new seasons when the previous expire.

I don't think Magnus can keep on with acrobatics forever either. They have employees with worked-in knowledge, and if this start breaking, both LazyTown and Stephanie will be gone.

LazyTown creators must see the truth they don't want to see. I'll not hesitate breaking the taboo again.

Comment

Yes, Stephanie's sister or cousin, maybe the best choice.

So bad that JR don't have a little sister

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
                            So bad that JR don't have a little sister
                            Manny girls can be Stephanie

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                              Hahaha I am about 100% sure that they haven't mentioned whether or not she will continue anywhere on Facebook.
                              Here is my post as to why I think a new actor to play Stephanie needs to be hired ASAP. Hope you guise got your reading glasses on.

Alright, so, JRM played a great Stephanie. There is no doubt about that. Her shoes will be hard to fill.....scratch that....let's not talk about shoes. Her talent will be hard to find again. But you are right, it is time for a new person. She pulled on an 8 year old well while she was 13. I do have to disagree with you that she should have left long ago. It was a stretch for her while she was 16, but it wasn't too bad. LazyTown Extra pushed it over the edge. However, because of the difference between traditional LazyTown and that, I was able to accept it. I only watched for the Stingy and Robbie parts anyway For the future, I think that it would be very wise to get a new girl. Children probably didn't notice that Stephanie wasn't 8 for awhile, and probably won't notice if there is a new girl (unless she is black or something lol) but they are perceptive enough to know that 8 year olds aren't over 5 feet tall with breasts. I mean, even after watching some Shelby Young or Linda Ásgeirsdóttir material for awhile I totally forget about JRM. I don't know about you guys, but JRM =/= Stephanie. Stephanie = Stephanie. She is only a character. Look how many James Bonds there have been!

Not to mention that if they don't change, who knows how long it would delay any new production further! Long story short: New Stephanie Required. If they don't, the entire show will be ruined. The girls are an integral part of their boastful 50/50 girl to boy viewer ratio (duh). That ratio is very sensitive. If the girls have nobody to relate to, much of that part of their audience will vanish.

At the end of the day, I cannot think of a single good arguement to keep JRM around.

P.S. I will probably have something more to add at some point for this is a topic that I feel very strongly about

As usual, I'll give my personal and serious perception about this issue.

I read all the comment until now and I have to say that I agree with the idea that LazyTown show needs a change, urgently, because the time is running and there is nothing new since years (I really don’t consider LT Extra like a good example of innovation for a show like this).
                              The fact the show was forgotten on BAFTA awards nomination is a good proof of it.

However, I’m really surprised to see how easily is loaded on the Julianna’s shoulders part of the guilt why the show is going bad since a long time ago. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the real intentions of previous interventions, but it seems like Julianna were a kind of curse for the show and, from that point of view, of course is a truly relieve “send her back home” (to say it in the most decent way possible). Please, more respect for that great Miss.

Hey, LazyTown show (2004-2006) was really, really lucky to include people like Magnús Scheving, Stefán Karl, Julie Westwood, Gudmundur Thor, Sarah Burgess, Jodi Eichelberger, David Matthew Feldman, Kobie Powell, Ronald Binion, Raymond P. Le Gué, Mani Svavarsson, Neal Scanlan, and many others, and OF COURSE, to JULIANNA ROSE MAURIELLO. They integrated a real winner team, the best of the best.

Yes, for sure there are millions of talented little girls ready to be the new “Stephanie” and for sure they will be able to make a brilliant work for the next LazyTowners generations. But, before you start to celebrate for it, remember a thing: part of the LazyTown success was due to that little teenager who during three years interpreted an 8-years old on the show and did not only a wonderful work but unforgettable too because of her personality and talent (and I’m not talking about her pretty face, btw). It’s not casual (If you look carefully), that most of the marketing products launched are directly associated to images of Sportacus (Magnús) and Stephanie (Julianna). Only innocent marketing? I’m not so sure. LTE knew a well kept secret: images of [Magnús + Julianna] sell, and sell a lot because many people are identified with them (like Stingy mentioned) because of their talented personalities and the good vibe on stage between them. I’d like to see another talented actress and singer that brings to the show the same that JRM did. It’s not impossible but, for sure, would be really hard to reproduce.

“Stephanie” is more than Julianna? Maybe. Stingy used the excellent example about James Bond movies. Nevertheless, it can be used to explain both points of view. If you are not a fan of these kinds of movies is not important who be James Bond. But, if you are a fan, you can see on the web millions and millions of discussions about who has been the best “James Bond” so far. So, it really matters who was (or is) that special character on your favorite show because that person can leave a deep and indelible mark on your mind.

I have watched some old “Latibaer” episodes and although they result interesting it’s not the same magic show than LazyTown (even with Magnús Scheving and Stefán Karl on it). Why? After all, the plot is the same. Again, because the show that joins to all of us here on GL (and please, be honest with ourselves) is the international TV show: its magic and excellent talent put together at the same place and at the same time for MS brought a unique and amazing show. With all respect, the previous “Latibaer” show is just like a bonus, not the main subject, if you allow me.

So, in short, yes, the show needs changes but please be a little more kind and generous with JRM. She deserves it because all her contribution to the show (a lot!).

Otherwise, in four, five o ten years from now, when comes the time to Magnús Scheving to leave the show (as main character), would we say the same from him? “Thanks, goodbye and get lost”?
                              I hope not (by Magnús and Julianna).

H.

Comment

If I'm not a fan - I'm not watch Bond-movies :) So - it's really not important who plays [one of] main hero :)

And you are at mostly right, but i don't understand your main idea...
                                Did you mean - that season 2 - better be last?

Comment

Working...
                                X