Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get a new young Stephanie into the show?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Julianna was awesome hlazytownero, but no tears to cry. She had her time and she's a happy girl. Our intention is never a problem. It's usual to like girls that look like Stephanie (actually primate genetic). I don't think LazyTown fanclubs would exist if they run the show with a small boy e.g. "Steven" - the whatever. Would you upload pictures of him? have a wallpaper? Like the daleks says; speach will not be ...

Please correct me if I was wrong.

Comment

But we already have a boy - it's Sportacus :) And why might not use [his] pictures or wallpaper?

Comment

If Stephanie did not exist or was a boy named Stephan or Steven or something (who cares), this forum did not exist.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
          If Stephanie did not exist or was a boy named Stephan or Steven or something (who cares), this forum did not exist.

sobering but true...and I wonder is there a life after Stephanie?
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
            sobering but true...and I wonder is there a life after Stephanie?
            For some probably not
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
              ... a boy named Stephan or Steven or something (who cares)...
              As if... You girls - and other girls - allready have a boy called Stefán, have you not? Go on, replace him with - say, Joshua Michael Peck, if it's all that easy! See if I care...

Comment

Und by the way: Sportacus, Robbie and a boy? A boy dressed in pink to boot? Right. Just add Captain Jack on top of that and you can keep LazyTown... forever!

Comment

I want a small CUTE Stephanie back TOO.
                  LT isn´t the same

Comment

Originally posted by hlazytownero
                    However, I’m really surprised to see how easily is loaded on the Julianna’s shoulders part of the guilt why the show is going bad since a long time ago.
                    Well, it's not like she could have done anything about it. If I'm blaming anytone, it's Mother Nature and Father Time. Maybe a little bit of mean old Cousin Puberty.

images of [Magnús + Julianna] sell, and sell a lot because many people are identified with them (like Stingy mentioned)
                    You have me a little wrong there mate. Images of Sportacus and Stephanie sell. But I will get more into that in a bit

With all respect, the previous “Latibaer” show is just like a bonus, not the main subject, if you allow me.
                    I personally look at everything as one thing, but different versions of the one thing.

Otherwise, in four, five o ten years from now, when comes the time to Magnús Scheving to leave the show (as main character), would we say the same from him?
                    Now there is a tough one. See, there is a big difference between replacing Sportacus and replacing Stephanie. Julianna Mauriello is an actor. However, Magnus Scheving isn't. He is Sportacus. He has always been Sportacus. And I wish he could always be Sportacus. But, a day will come when he is no longer able to do so. I can't guess exactly when. But he has plenty of life left in him, so I am giving him another 10-15 years potentially. Replacing Stefan Karl as Robbie is a bit different as well. He has always been Robbie, and I wish he could always play Robbie. Now, with all the makeup he wears, I can imagine that he would be able to pull off a decent Robbie Rotten for 20 or more years lol. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

Comment

Why Magnus not an actor? Maybe he's AND actor, I mean not only actor?

Comment

Originally posted by bungie
                        We can't let George W's actions take Stephanie too. But it's true, the Icelandic króna is still suspended from most markets, and their assets became worth less than nothing. Move the show to Norway.
                        Iceland made be bankrupt... but LTE isn't.

Comment

Mmm, that would be a good and bad idea. First, as Pooky said ''Julianna will be always Stephanie's icon'', just like Magnús or Stéfan. But second, Stephanie has grown up A LOT, she's maybe too old now to play Stephanie. Maybe LT Extra was the last new stuff we got, but we know they must make the movie to finish the show, maybe can be related to a grown and adolescent Stephanie :) . We don't know.

Comment

Hehe, smelly finger aside imo many of the really good things come only once in a lifetime. A specific event in time and should remain there. Lazytown had it's moment and will still live on in syndication. Magnus and the show did what was set out to do. Trying to keep the show with a young Stephanie will simply just kill it. Not to mention the fact that in doing so will cause a rift in the lazytown community with fights over who was or is the best Stephanie. Nah, just leave it alone and it will carry on with a life of its own.
                            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
                              Hehe, smelly finger aside imo many of the really good things come only once in a lifetime. A specific event in time and should remain there. Lazytown had it's moment and will still live on in syndication. Magnus and the show did what was set out to do. Trying to keep the show with a young Stephanie will simply just kill it.
                              You do have a point. Although I can't say that I fully agree.

Originally posted by boredjedi
                              Not to mention the fact that in doing so will cause a rift in the lazytown community with fights over who was or is the best Stephanie.
                              As much as I love you, I am going to have to strongly disagree. We are not the LazyTown community. The millions of children around the world that watch the show are. Perhaps a few (possibly many?) people here at this forum will cease to watch or enjoy LazyTown if a new girl was cast as Stephanie. But there will then be an entirely new wave of people coming in to mark the new era (for lack of a better word) of LazyTown. But again, the children, the main people that LazyTown aims for, won't notice or care in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                                You do have a point. Although I can't say that I fully agree.
                                We'll I've been on this planet a long and have seen it happen many too many times.
                                I'm just saying the probability is extremely high in favor of narkery.

Originally posted by Stingy
                                As much as I love you, I am going to have to strongly disagree. We are not the LazyTown community. The millions of children around the world that watch the show are. Perhaps a few (possibly many?) people here at this forum will cease to watch or enjoy LazyTown if a new girl was cast as Stephanie. But there will then be an entirely new wave of people coming in to mark the new era (for lack of a better word) of LazyTown. But again, the children, the main people that LazyTown aims for, won't notice or care in the slightest.
                                I've been inhabiting the internet when most of you were just twinkles in your parents eyes. I've seen the rifts occur with lots of shows. Like the Capt. Kirk and Capt. Picard issue or Who shot first? Han or Gredo? (btw Han shot first in the original untouched movie. Lucas altered it in his remasters.) A lot of these rifts have occurred with old and new generations alike. Again I'm not saying this will happen but the probability is extremely high in favor of riftdom.
                                http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X