Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get a new young Stephanie into the show?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get a new young Stephanie into the show?

Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Magnus can't be serious. I was reading on the offical LazyTown facebook page, that Julianna may continue to be Stephanie. I think she should left the show a long time ago. There are many cute girls that can be dressed up to be Stephanie.

I don't even like todays Julianna, she looks just like any college girl. It was disappointing to see the LazyTown extras with the grown up Stephaine. I don't want to judge anyone - but like this they will be running a show with two adults, not the original show with a girl and a superhero.

Make it clear:
    I want a small CUTE Stephanie back.

Or what?

Re: Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Hahaha I am about 100% sure that they haven't mentioned whether or not she will continue anywhere on Facebook.
    Here is my post as to why I think a new actor to play Stephanie needs to be hired ASAP. Hope you guise got your reading glasses on.

Alright, so, JRM played a great Stephanie. There is no doubt about that. Her shoes will be hard to fill.....scratch that....let's not talk about shoes. Her talent will be hard to find again. But you are right, it is time for a new person. She pulled on an 8 year old well while she was 13. I do have to disagree with you that she should have left long ago. It was a stretch for her while she was 16, but it wasn't too bad. LazyTown Extra pushed it over the edge. However, because of the difference between traditional LazyTown and that, I was able to accept it. I only watched for the Stingy and Robbie parts anyway For the future, I think that it would be very wise to get a new girl. Children probably didn't notice that Stephanie wasn't 8 for awhile, and probably won't notice if there is a new girl (unless she is black or something lol) but they are perceptive enough to know that 8 year olds aren't over 5 feet tall with breasts. I mean, even after watching some Shelby Young or Linda Ásgeirsdóttir material for awhile I totally forget about JRM. I don't know about you guys, but JRM =/= Stephanie. Stephanie = Stephanie. She is only a character. Look how many James Bonds there have been!

Not to mention that if they don't change, who knows how long it would delay any new production further! Long story short: New Stephanie Required. If they don't, the entire show will be ruined. The girls are an integral part of their boastful 50/50 girl to boy viewer ratio (duh). That ratio is very sensitive. If the girls have nobody to relate to, much of that part of their audience will vanish.

At the end of the day, I cannot think of a single good arguement to keep JRM around.

P.S. I will probably have something more to add at some point for this is a topic that I feel very strongly about

Comment

Hallelujah! ;)

Comment

I agree with you Stingy in a way. (and just to bring it to light/ not to say it isn't understood) I do think she should stay on, as a grown up. She seems to play the role of big sister to Trixy now with the little lessons they had in LT extra. In the vein of sesame street, even though the characters aged, they stayed on the show just the same. I think perhaps it's time for maybe a new young character to help keep the little ones into the show. Steph's liitle sister maybe, or perhaps a cousin? So I agree that JRM shouldn't play the peppy young Stephanie anymore, but rather stay on as another posative role model for future characters of the show. Heck she doesn't even have to be in every episode, but I would hate to see her vannish completely. It would be like Star wars with no Skywalkers.

Comment

I disagree. JRM should leave the show, but could be used to teach the new Stephanie to do the moves (best practice). A nice slim 11 year old girl with brown eyes would be fine. Nobody grew up in LazyTown.

Comment

Sure people in LT grow up, Stepahnie did. In a sense so did the puppets, on account they had to make bigger ones to make JRM seem smaller, lol. But jokes aside, the tragedy is she probablly will move on to do other things if she hasn't already. Regardless of what anyone wants. But it would be silly to write her off just beacuse she got older. Again I cant agree more a new character should be introduced as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Meanswell
              Sure people in LT grow up, Stepahnie did. In a sense so did the puppets, on account they had to make bigger ones to make JRM seem smaller, lol. But jokes aside, the tragedy is she probablly will move on to do other things if she hasn't already. Regardless of what anyone wants. But it would be silly to write her off just beacuse she got older. Again I cant agree more a new character should be introduced as well.
              But see, they don't have to write her off. A cast change would be smooth and most probably wouldn't even realize it!
              And if any new character is going to be introduced, it had damn well better be Jives. Not a sister or daughter or whatever of Stephanie lol

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate throwing JRM off the show. She is not Stephanie anymore. Because of the pink hair and dress she will be easy to replace. Just like renewable energy.

Like Stingy says; a cast change would be smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by bungie
                  I wouldn't hesitate throwing JRM off the show. She is not Stephanie anymore. Because of the pink hair and dress she will be easy to replace. Just like renewable energy.

Like Stingy says; a cast change would be smooth.
                  Hehe I don't think I can agree with you about a new Steph needing to have brown eyes.
                  (You guys should have heard the first way I worded that :S)
                  But I do think that while they're at it, they bring back the crazy shoe laces ;)
                  They can make them pink.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Her brown eyes, young Stephanie's magic. They can make anyone feel good.

Ha-ha brown shoes with yellow shoe laces

Comment

Errrrrrrr....ok.
                      I know some guys that are into brown eyes but not exactly like that!
                      (See what I did there?)

Comment

Now look, a brand new user. Bungie, huh? Many interesting words begin with a "B". "Blasphemy" is one. "Banlist" comes to mind.
                        And Yellow, first I thought you were just on a trolling spree. Now you even defile one of the most popular fet- ... relics known to Getlazy? This is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
                          Now look, a brand new user. Bungie, huh? Many interesting words begin with a "B". "Blasphemy" is one. "Banlist" comes to mind.
                          And Yellow, first I thought you were just on a trolling spree. Now you even defile one of the most popular fet- ... relics known to Getlazy? This is madness.
                          Madness?...........THIS! IS! REALITY!

Comment

I don't know exactly where you getting at but the main thing is that this Stephanie must fit in the show, and the girl who plays the role of Stephanie needs to have good (as good as Julianna's) acting skills, dancing well and sing too.
                            If she has brown or blue eyes won't make a difference, and children who watch this show won't notice the color of the eyes. In fact I believe they won't notice anything different if the actress is good at playing Stephanie, like Julianna did.
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

It truly is reality. JRM must be replaced. Nobody will notice.

pooky: the close up's on HD-television shows brown eyes. I don't think we should underestimate the kids intelligence. Brown lenses can be used, of course. Good colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X