Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    LAZY MEMBER
    Level 15 - The Baby Troll
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time
    09:13

Time to Get a New Stephanie?

What makes you think there won't be more?

Former Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Re: New Episode (maybe last!)- "Sportacus Saves The Toys"

don't worry guyses

Get Lazy's #1 fugitive!

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 20 - Master of Posting

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

I wouldn't panic, I doubt we've seen the last of Lazytown.
    http://xfiresigs.com/sirfinkus.png
    WWJD
    What Would Julianna Do (if she read your post)

LAZY MEMBER

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Finkus
    I wouldn't panic, I doubt we've seen the last of Lazytown.
    I'd panic at seeing the last of you-know-who, however; I fear that will be soon

Nothing for sure, however.
    Voldermort is dead, Harry kills him in the last book.
    Maybe its just wishfull thinking on my part, but I'm sure they knew what would happen when they hired her at 13...
    WWJD

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Re: The end of Lazytown, or current steph?

I mentioned this somewhere, but her appearance at a stage show is a good sign that she's still playing Stephanie. I mean, it would be incredibly easy to find somebody that could play Stephanie for an American stage show, considering all the attention that LazyTown gets over here, but the fact that they still went with Julianna indicates that they haven't given up on her as Stephanie.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Even when she quits, the show will go on. Maggi's planning on quitting the live role in a couple years also, but there's always new actors, new mediums, new stories. Live shows are being performed all over the world, and most of them don't feature any of the TV show's cast. There's always animation also (and I hope it would look better than Once Upon A Time).

Let's just all be thankful for the 52 episodes that were produced, and hope for a bright future.
    I seriously need a new sig. Will try Photoshop later.

Level 29 - Villain Number One
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zokita
    Even when she quits, the show will go on. Maggi's planning on quitting the live role in a couple years also, but there's always new actors, new mediums, new stories. Live shows are being performed all over the world, and most of them don't feature any of the TV show's cast. There's always animation also (and I hope it would look better than Once Upon A Time).

Let's just all be thankful for the 52 episodes that were produced, and hope for a bright future.

but... but.... *sobs* I dun wanna lose current steph!

Oh well, I'll still watch the show.

LAZY MEMBER

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

I haven't seen any indication that they are replacing Stephanie, so I'm not sure why everyone seems to think that they are. Season 2 is over, that probably just means a few months before some new episodes unless we hear differently.
    WWJD

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

I've been thinking about it and as long as Julianna continues acting, I'll be happy. Theres only so much they can do with one idea and some lazytown episodes already seem to be showing a repetitive theme and im not just talking about bing bang.

Worst case scenario, Julianna stops acting and marries will(cicley)
    PLEASE KNOCK I'M TAKING A POWER NAP

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mosheddy
    I've been thinking about it and as long as Julianna continues acting, I'll be happy. Theres only so much they can do with one idea and some lazytown episodes already seem to be showing a repetitive theme and im not just talking about bing bang.

Worst case scenario, Julianna stops acting and marries will(cicley)

The world would come to an end....

Some people seem to think Julianna well have a decent career after laztown.
    Heres hoping.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

As far as I'm concerned, second season Stephanie is basically a different Stephanie anyway (c'mon, you guys know it's true for all intents and purposes, she looks and sounds and feels completely different).

So a new Stephanie wouldn't break my heart, but honestly I don't know if this show has much left to say.

The story formula is pretty rigid, and it's getting closer and closer to becoming boringly stale. If they're not going to radically change the show, I think now would be the perfect place to stop. And if they DO radically change it, it wouldn't really be the same show anymore.

I'd like to see a proper finale, but I know that's too much to ask.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

We'll have to wait and see what happens. But to be honest, I'd rather see that show end on a high note than drag out into something awful (I'm thinking X-Files here). Most shows have a point where they should end, and there is nothing worse than a TV show that is stumbling along when it should have been ended, like a poor little bird with a broken wing

What's the term they use - "jumping the shark", when a show goes downhill ?

I don't think Magnus is ready to stop the Lazytown train just yet. But, if he did, he better make sure that they put together a kickass DVD box set of all the episodes !

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ponycat
    We'll have to wait and see what happens. But to be honest, I'd rather see that show end on a high note than drag out into something awful (I'm thinking X-Files here). Most shows have a point where they should end, and there is nothing worse than a TV show that is stumbling along when it should have been ended, like a poor little bird with a broken wing

What's the term they use - "jumping the shark", when a show goes downhill ?

I don't think Magnus is ready to stop the Lazytown train just yet. But, if he did, he better make sure that they put together a kickass DVD box set of all the episodes !
    So are you saying that we should kill birds with broken wings so they don't have to suffer?

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Oh no, it's not meant to be an animal rights thread

It was a metaphor only, to try and depict how pathetic a show is when it runs past it's 'use by' date.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ponycat
    Oh no, it's not meant to be an animal rights thread

It was a metaphor only, to try and depict how pathetic a show is when it runs past it's 'use by' date.
    lol, I know! I's just pullin' yo legggggg!
    Sorry...

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 2 - Rotten Poster

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

As soon as I read jumping the shark, I pictured an episode where Sportacus does just that. Kind of as a tongue-in-cheek reference to both Happy Days and the concept.

LAZY MEMBER

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kali
    As soon as I read jumping the shark, I pictured an episode where Sportacus does just that. Kind of as a tongue-in-cheek reference to both Happy Days and the concept.
    That would be really funny, though comical references to shark jumping in serial fiction really should occur before there is any chance of metaphorical shark jumping. Whether we're close to metaphorical shark jumping depends on Magnus, really, if he can come up with fun ideas without anvilicious preaching on the merits/danger of [subject of the ep] too often.

I don't think that Juli leaving would be a major disaster (it might lose LT some older fans, but actors have been replaced before and the series gone on, and I doubt the kids will really notice), but I do think that Julianna could continue playing the role. Now she's gone through most of puberty, rather like the 'uncanny valley' effect on characters that are close to human but not quite, she might actually regain some plausibility if she's playing a child character as an adult actor instead of as a child actor who grew.
    However, I think the real issue as far as continuing goes is: does Magnus think it's a good idea? The answer for the series is most likely "why would I stop now?", for Julianna, none of us know for sure, but I would say that if he had any control at all over the official Latibaer cartoon art or casting the plays (and I think it's ludicrous to say he wouldn't have), he has no objections to Solla having breasts looking like a woman.

Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kali
    That would be really funny, though comical references to shark jumping in serial fiction really should occur before there is any chance of metaphorical shark jumping. Whether we're close to metaphorical shark jumping depends on Magnus, really, if he can come up with fun ideas without anvilicious preaching on the merits/danger of [subject of the ep] too often.

I don't think that Juli leaving would be a major disaster (it might lose LT some older fans, but actors have been replaced before and the series gone on, and I doubt the kids will really notice), but I do think that Julianna could continue playing the role. Now she's gone through most of puberty, rather like the 'uncanny valley' effect on characters that are close to human but not quite, she might actually regain some plausibility if she's playing a child character as an adult actor instead of as a child actor who grew.
    However, I think the real issue as far as continuing goes is: does Magnus think it's a good idea? The answer for the series is most likely "why would I stop now?", for Julianna, none of us know for sure, but I would say that if he had any control at all over the official Latibaer cartoon art or casting the plays (and I think it's ludicrous to say he wouldn't have), he has no objections to Solla having breasts looking like a woman.
    sometimes your overly thought out and massive posts make me happy.

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Stephanie gets turned into a puppet.

*Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Ewww, that makes it sound like puppets are some kind of freak disease, like you could 'catch' being a puppet.

Having seen Dancing Dreams, I don't see any problems. Julianna is petite, and still looks the part. I wondered if the fact in that episode she spent time next to/dancing with Stefan instead of Magnus was a way of making her appear smaller...

And let's face it, the Glanni Glaepur stage show Solla was all woman...

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 19 - GetLazy's Secret Friend
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Magnus can't be serious. I was reading on the offical LazyTown facebook page, that Julianna may continue to be Stephanie. I think she should left the show a long time ago. There are many cute girls that can be dressed up to be Stephanie.

I don't even like todays Julianna, she looks just like any college girl. It was disappointing to see the LazyTown extras with the grown up Stephaine. I don't want to judge anyone - but like this they will be running a show with two adults, not the original show with a girl and a superhero.

Make it clear:
    I want a small CUTE Stephanie back.

Or what?

The Prince LAZY MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time
    03:13

Re: Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Hahaha I am about 100% sure that they haven't mentioned whether or not she will continue anywhere on Facebook.
    Here is my post as to why I think a new actor to play Stephanie needs to be hired ASAP. Hope you guise got your reading glasses on.

Alright, so, JRM played a great Stephanie. There is no doubt about that. Her shoes will be hard to fill.....scratch that....let's not talk about shoes. Her talent will be hard to find again. But you are right, it is time for a new person. She pulled on an 8 year old well while she was 13. I do have to disagree with you that she should have left long ago. It was a stretch for her while she was 16, but it wasn't too bad. LazyTown Extra pushed it over the edge. However, because of the difference between traditional LazyTown and that, I was able to accept it. I only watched for the Stingy and Robbie parts anyway For the future, I think that it would be very wise to get a new girl. Children probably didn't notice that Stephanie wasn't 8 for awhile, and probably won't notice if there is a new girl (unless she is black or something lol) but they are perceptive enough to know that 8 year olds aren't over 5 feet tall with breasts. I mean, even after watching some Shelby Young or Linda Ásgeirsdóttir material for awhile I totally forget about JRM. I don't know about you guys, but JRM =/= Stephanie. Stephanie = Stephanie. She is only a character. Look how many James Bonds there have been!

Not to mention that if they don't change, who knows how long it would delay any new production further! Long story short: New Stephanie Required. If they don't, the entire show will be ruined. The girls are an integral part of their boastful 50/50 girl to boy viewer ratio (duh). That ratio is very sensitive. If the girls have nobody to relate to, much of that part of their audience will vanish.

At the end of the day, I cannot think of a single good arguement to keep JRM around.

P.S. I will probably have something more to add at some point for this is a topic that I feel very strongly about
    Like Toy Soliders

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

Hallelujah!

Snowman LAZY MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

I agree with you Stingy in a way. (and just to bring it to light/ not to say it isn't understood) I do think she should stay on, as a grown up. She seems to play the role of big sister to Trixy now with the little lessons they had in LT extra. In the vein of sesame street, even though the characters aged, they stayed on the show just the same. I think perhaps it's time for maybe a new young character to help keep the little ones into the show. Steph's liitle sister maybe, or perhaps a cousin? So I agree that JRM shouldn't play the peppy young Stephanie anymore, but rather stay on as another posative role model for future characters of the show. Heck she doesn't even have to be in every episode, but I would hate to see her vannish completely. It would be like Star wars with no Skywalkers.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    12th November 2019
    Local Time

I disagree. JRM should leave the show, but could be used to teach the new Stephanie to do the moves (best practice). A nice slim 11 year old girl with brown eyes would be fine. Nobody grew up in LazyTown.