X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl CD available for buy

http://www.icelandicmusic.com/Music/Alb ... t_og_moll/

Stefan Karl CD available for buy

O yes, this was released today. Thanks for the update !

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

This is a really good cd. I recognized a few of the songs within the first bar or so. Hoping to find a written translation (to English) of the songs I didn't know. That, or I'll just translate it (poorly) myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
        This is a really good cd. I recognized a few of the songs within the first bar or so. Hoping to find a written translation (to English) of the songs I didn't know. That, or I'll just translate it (poorly) myself.
        I think this is a parody CD, like what Weird Al does, for example track 6 "Pollamót" definately sounds like "Jump in the Line (Shake, Senora)" but Stefáns version is about soccer/football. I'd be interested to know if you have worked out any of the others though, this is all I have so far, with added google translations for a laugh (6's translation is correct though)

1. Digga Digga Dú = digga digga du (sounds like diga diga doo by Duke Ellington)
        2. Sumarfrí = vacations (sounds like The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book)
        3. Slúðurberi = gossip Beri (sounds like ?)
        4. Einmanna hljómsveit = lonely band (sounds like ?)
        5. Gnú = GNU (sounds like ?)
        6. Pollamót = "The “Pollamót” is an annual sporting event held by Icelandair and Þór football club at the beginning of July" (sounds like Jump in the Line (Shake, Senora))
        7. Grænmetisneitandinn = Vegetarian consumer (sounds like ?)
        8. Eru ekki allir í stuði = Not everyone in the mood (sounds like ?)
        9. Léttlynda löggan = Partially Lynda cops (sounds like The Laughing Policeman)
        10. Ekki við hæfi barna = Not suitable for children (sounds like ?)
        11. Þróunarkenningin = theory of evolution (sounds like ?)
        12. Nú er hárið sviðið = Now the hair band (sounds like ?)
        13. Afavísur = Grandpa verses (sounds like ?)
        14. Einhver annar en ég er = Anyone else but I am (sounds like I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book)
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I'll have to go through and listen to the songs again, but six I believe is the Harry Belafonte tune that was used at the end of Beetlejuice called Shake Señora. Another one had a 1930's-40's vibe to it (think Louis Prima, Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald), with a lot of jazz scat woven into the song.

I'll see if I can translate the other songs over the next few days and I'll post it here.

Also, if this is a parody cd (I get that feeling too from the songs I couldn't identify), it's pretty good. The sound quality is excellent, the songs I knew were catchy even in another language (or altered to fit the local sporting events), and Stefan's got an epic range. I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
            Stefan's got an epic range. I'm impressed.
            Agreed, the start of track 6 on the true original Stephanie's (Selma Björnsdóttir) album Sögur af sviðinu starts off with him singing a really high note! LINK
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Oh my! That's one of my favorite songs from Cabaret. Does that site work similarly to iTunes or Amazon music regarding purchasing? Anyone else try it?

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                X