• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To make Blue Steph

How To make Blue Steph

On photoshop

Re: How To make Blue Steph

Nice. I haven't tried inverting or hue changes on pictures yet. This is actually a lot of help. Thanks.

Comment

WHY DOES THIS THREAD STILL EXIST.

Comment

Originally posted by osiris
        WHY DOES THIS THREAD STILL EXIST.
        Because there's still dumbasses who post here.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	stephysmurf.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	182844
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

hahaha funny...seems its the really simplest way to do a blue steph ;)
            Gallery

Comment

OK, I'm new to picture editing, (I learned in like 2 hours from this thread lol) and this is the best I can do...can a photoshop profesional (like boredjedi or lazycus) teach me how to fix up the edges?

Name:	Steph 333.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	146600 Click image for larger version

Name:	Steph 3.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	146601

Comment

Hope you guys wanna help me get a little better at this :) ...

Name:	Steph 32.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	146602 Click image for larger version

Name:	Steph 32453.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	146603

Comment

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
                  Hope you guys wanna help me get a little better at this :) ...
                  That's kinda difficult, for my Photoshop speaks German, as do I.

Furthermore there is no "Make Blue Steph" button in Photoshop. None that I know of, that is.
                  So here in brief two possible ways of bringing home your Blue Steph:

blue0.jpg

1. The simple fix: Copy your Steph to a new layer (respectively duplicate the original layer). Then you blur that picture until all the nasty artefacts are gone. (In case you don't recall: Filter - Blur - Gaussian Blur - maybe 2 pixels) Then colour it blue. (Take the blue you need from Steph's hair with the Eyedropper tool, then go to Image - Adjust - Hue/Saturation - activate Colorize and adjust Saturation between 50 and 60. Use the Force!) In case you haven't done it yet, place the all blue layer beneath the Blue Steph. Now use the Eraser tool to eliminate the nasty edges from Steph. See to it that the Eraser's Opacity is notably below 100% to allow a step by step approach to the optimal result.

blue1.png

2. The second one is easy to explain but time-consuming to do: Use the Smudge tool to remove unpleasant artefacts. Try varoius settings of Strength here. The Smudge tool can also be used to recreate linear patterns like Steph's hair. For complicated patterns the Clone Stamp is "da tool".
                  Subsequently the Paintbrush - with the Blending Mode set to Color - comes handy. Nearly every Stephanie picture comes with a pinkish (magenta-ish?) shine to be seen on her face (neck, collar). This is either a reflection or - in case of low-res screenshots - colour bleeding from her hair. If you alter the hair colour you have to remove or adjust that shine either. Again check out different Opacity settings.

blue2.png

Maybe you should take a look at the Burn- and Dodge-tools either. They are used to add shadows or light.

Uhmm, I know this is more truisms than useful advice, but picture modification is mostly trial and error. At least for me, I'm far from being "professional" regarding Photoshop, I just fiddled around with some pictures for some time until some of them looked okay. Many others did not.

Yes, one real advice I want to give: If you have worked on some pic for a long time and finally decide it's ready - don't post it immediately! You won't see the grave mistake before tomorrow. I know. I tend to edit my posts again and again, thereby filling poor filesharing's disk space with lots of useless data... ;)

Comment

Thank you very much, Lazycus, I'll use your instructions well! Like you said, I've gotten into picture editing just for the fun, and because I find it interesting, I don't plan to become really good at it, like you for example. Anyway, thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                      blue-steph
                      Right in the smurfin' parking lot?!

Comment

LOL, LT.com colouring game XD

Comment

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

nice one pooksy...you're such a awesome shooping guy
                            Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
                              nice one pooksy...you're such a awesome shooping guy
                              LOL that's ten minutes work with nowadays software. It could be even faster if I wasn't at the telephone at the same time talking about shoes

Comment

Working...
                              X