Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LazytownWW: "I'm really disappointed..."

Originally posted by bungie
    Well, lazymom, that depends on the definition of child - doesn't it.
    child??/t?a?ld/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [chahyld]
    –noun, plural chil?dren.
    1. a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
      Well, lazymom, that depends on the definition of child - doesn't it.
      child??/t?a?ld/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [chahyld]
      –noun, plural chil?dren.
      1. a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children.
      Aww come on

Later childhood: 7 to 12 years
      Adolescence: 12 or 13 years
      Encyclopædia Britannica

Comment

Aww come on

Later childhood: 7 to 12 years
        Adolescence: 12 or 13 years
        Encyclopædia Britannica
        It doesn't matter which way you try to spin it, you're just a pedophile.
        Stop trying to make it look like you aren't.

Comment

You're on deep water now. I am what? because you disagree with the ages of consent. But I forgive. It's only prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by lazymom
            Originally posted by lazymom
            MODERN human psychology, and indeed, human society has shown that the pursuit of children (below the age of consent) results in horrific mental, and biological implications for the girl or boy under the age of consent who is involved in sexual relationships. The younger the child, the more acute and horrific the consequences for such relationships. This is factual, and I can find and quote you thousand upon thousand of cases and studies to back this up.
            People suffer because their closest tell them to suffer. They hear it every day. Psychology will hear only what their trustee have instructed them to speech unless beaten or sanctioned.

A 12yo age of consent would be no problem at all. The limitations of pregnancy to marriage is better. It would also support our strongly needed population control.
            This is the most twisted argument I have ever heard. People suffer psychological ramifications of actions put upon them, forced upon them when they are too young to make educated decisions and unaware of how it will affect their lives. Modern society is not set up to emotionally or mentally support children in sexual situations and these children are not emotionally mature, physically capable, or financially equipped to support the ramifications of sexual relationships or child rearing as the outcome of these situations. STRICTLY BIOLOGICALLY SPEAKING a pregnancy takes an enormous toll on a mother's body. A child pregnancy ends up messing with the child's development and growth and ultimately correlates with earlier death and worse outcome for both infants and the mother/child.

FYI: I am more than just a mother, I am actually a counseling psychologist who does part time mental health therapy while going to school.

No one tells a person to suffer. No one coaches the child who has "consensually" agreed to sex with an adult to have emotional problems later on in life. No one tells that 11, 12, 13 year old who is giving their body over to an older man to have nightmares and problems with adult attachment when she turns 30 or 40. However this is the REALITY of the outcome of these relationships. It is medically and clinically documented and I see it in my own work on a daily basis.

What do you see as an adult having sex with a child? Do you see a young innocent girl who you can impose your will upon? Do you see an innocent girl who you can 'teach'? Do you see a flower you can 'pluck'?

All of these are imposing your own will upon someone who cannot make an educated decision to engage in such activities with you as 11, 12, 13 year olds SIMPLY DO NOT POSSESS THE LIFE EXPERIENCE NECESSARY to understand the full ramifications and consequences of such an activity and how it will impact them later on in life.

Back in the days when 11, 12, 13 year olds were having sex with older men, they were also expected to run households and take care of children created from the union. They were not educated, they were not given any formal training in math or literature, they were expected to have children and run the household. Our society is not like that anymore, and has adjusted accordingly with its' laws to protect minors who are expected to get educations and focus on being productive members of society - not pop out kids and run households. We do not raise our children from birth to make more children, but to be educated and work, and mature first.

You have no conscious idea of what this does to a child who has been in these circumstances. All you can see is your own desire and lust. You are entirely selfish to rape children in this way who are not equipped in this society to make these decisions in an educated fashion with a comprehension of what it will do to them in the long term.

Speaking personally, I was raped when I was 13 years old by an older man (30s) who I assumed 'loved' me, told me he was my 'boyfriend', and wanted to 'take care of me', and I made the conscious decision to give myself to him. Now as a 29 year old woman I feel used, hurt, taken advantage of by a sick evil person who lied to me, coerced me, made me false promises, deceived and tricked me and has detrimentally altered my life and interpersonal relationships with men. My innocence, my youth and my childhood was stolen from me. No one TOLD me to feel this way, I came to these emotions only through my own self-exploration and therapy that I went through because I could not form attachments with men or reach orgasm.

So, basically, you are telling me that I shouldn't feel this way and I should be happy that an older man took advantage of me then 'dumped' me after he took my virginity, instead of waiting until I was more mature and able to deal with sex? Isn't that a bit what you said regarding people telling children to 'suffer' so they'll give a message that underage sex is wrong?

Comment

You're on deep water now. I am what? because you disagree with the ages of consent. But I forgive. It's only prejudice.

Speaking personally: You should not be allowed around children and I would encourage you to seek psychological assessment.

Comment

Oh Mr. Bungie, I am unprejudiced towards pedophiles. You are an exception.
                I don't think I will go any further than that for the sake of everyone else.

Comment

It's time to lock this thread for now, before it's gets out of hand. Everybody has said their opinion by now.
                  I suggest that everybody relax now and talk about LazyTown ;)
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X