LazyTown News - LazyTown game in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackPaint
    A DDR clone could be cool. If they don't go for actual videos of the actors, they should cel-shade it. I know cel-shading's been overdone in recent years, but it would fit LazyTown's style perfectly.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that's probably the best kind of game for LazyTown. Not only are its songs suited perfectly for some nice DDR action, its consistant with its message.

Comment

The only thing about DDR is would it sell considering there are already DDR clones out there that let you play lazytown songs (although probably illegally).
      http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Xztophe

Also I haven't heard of a dancemat or camera for the wii, but I don't follow the console scene closely.

Comment

Originally posted by calc
        The only thing about DDR is would it sell considering there are already DDR clones out there that let you play lazytown songs (although probably illegally).
        http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Xztophe

Also I haven't heard of a dancemat or camera for the wii, but I don't follow the console scene closely.
        lol, there's stepfiles for like eight of the LazyTown songs, only about three even have video in the background.

So yes. It would sell.

Comment

Actually, cause the Wii only has 'motes a real DDR clone wouldn't be feasible unless they added a dance mat. Maybe it would be more wario ware-type minigames.

Comment

This game will be so awesome, I'll buy it once I get a Wii....the DDR idea would make it pretty cool same with a Warioware idea too. Hopefully the real voices of the actors will be in it too.

Comment

Level 1: Stephanie needs Sports Candy! Take Soccer Ball and kick it into the tree that shes standing under!
              Level 2: Trixie played a trick on Stingy and Stingy stole her things, get Trixie's stuff back!
              Level 3: Help Stephanie and the gang cook by the book!
              Level 4: Robbie Dresses as a dog and has been doing some business in the Public Playground, Clean it up!
              Level 5: Someone was climbing a ladder and fell off it AGAIN! SAVE THEM!
              Level 6: Discover Robbie's disguise he used to steal everyone's Sports Candy!
              Level 7: Successfully complete the Bing Bang dance!
              *Ending movie plays*

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                Actually, cause the Wii only has 'motes a real DDR clone wouldn't be feasible unless they added a dance mat. Maybe it would be more wario ware-type minigames.
                I don't see a problem with this, I don't think there are any technical limitations preventing it and the wiimote could be used for arm gesture detection.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                  Wario Ware style would be great. It would be fast paced, have plenty of action, and could definitely feel like the show. (Most licensed games feel like something got lost in the translation to video game, this could easily avoid that.)

Comment

The Wii has GameCube controller ports, and the GameCube has already had a DDR mat for Mario Mix. There's already a scheduled DDR Wii game called Hottest Party, I think it's supposed to use the GCN ports for the mat and the Wiimote for arm-waving.

Comment

GTA: Lazytown! Steal Stingy's Car and rake awesomeness around the town! Then sell yourself on the street with ms busybody!

Comment

^Only if the airship is an unlockable vehicle too! Man, I'd love to drive that thing....

Comment

The only reason I'm thinking a ddr style game is that's really the only kind I can think of that's athletic, and I doubt they would make a game in which you aren't exercising in some way. It would be cool if they come up with something new though

Comment

Know what would be the greatest thing EVAR? If the game had you be a "Rocky" type character and Sportacus is your trainer.

Just think... He's in his airship, staring you down as he challenges you to do 100 jumping jacks... and he'll KNOW if you're not doing them, because the Wiimote DOES NOT LIE.

And if you fail? You don't wanna know what Sportacus will do to you.

Comment

Originally posted by notoriousmdc

He'd shake his head, walk up to you, put his arm around you, get real close to your face... and encourage you to try again.

You think? Take a look at my icon. He's menacing with that banana! A little TOO menacing...

LOL

Comment

He'll threaten to call Trixie, who has A HOOK.

Comment

Working...
                                X