Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Sproutlet Show is a programming block on Sprout TV

Re: LazyNews

Hey guys, any news about the movie Sprout is making where Mayor and Sportacus appear? I read something about it, or am I wrong?

Originally posted by beticaforever
    Hey guys, any news about the movie Sprout is making where Mayor and Sportacus appear? I read something about it, or am I wrong?
    Sprout only broadcasts the episodes to my knowledge and does not have something to do with the production of LazyTown. That is the responsibility of Turner and LTE. Maybe you can provide us a link where you read something about it?
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
      Sprout only broadcasts the episodes to my knowledge and does not have something to do with the production of LazyTown. That is the responsibility of Turner and LTE. Maybe you can provide us a link where you read something about it?
      http://haverford.patch.com/articles/pbs ... to-8096176

"The Super Sproutlet Show is a programming block which features real kids and families doing everyday activities and will air everyday ...," she stated. "The show will feature a new Sprout original character, Bean (no relation to Stephanie who was the main character of "LazyTown") who is on a mission to find Super Sproutlets that are super to themselves and super to the environment. Bean will be communicating with LazyTown's, Sportacus and the Mayor, on her missions."
      Here, I am not sure if they talk about Mayor and Sportacus appear or if actor (or actress) who plays the main character of that Show will appear on LazyTown, or...

Comment

http://haverford.patch.com/articles/pbs-kid-show-films-in-havertown#photo-8096176
        I really wonder what kind of communication that will be and how many times they are actually on that show.

Bean will be communicating with LazyTown’s, Sportacus and the Mayor, on her missions.
        In the worst scenario it's the short Sportacus clips where he's doing stunts with fruit we all have seen before, and no actually interactive contact, and LazyTownExtra clips of the mayor..
        It's cetainly nothing like a movie or something. Not worth to watch in my opinion..
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

[youtube]kQkyKqVqUtQ[/youtube]

Philadelphia, PA — February 01, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — 24-hour preschool television channel Sprout will premiere The Super Sproutlet Show – an entertaining, interactive two-hour block of programming designed to help preschoolers and their families recognize the importance of healthy living – on Tuesday, February 14, 2012. Airing daily at 2:00 p.m. ET, The Super Sproutlet Show is hosted by LazyTown’s larger-than-life action hero Sportacus, and Sprout’s newest original character Bean, a young girl who lives in the real world and bikes across the country with her “Bean Pod” finding everyday “Sproutlets” (i.e. preschoolers) who are being super active, healthy and kind to the earth.

“The Super Sproutlet Show has everything that you love about LazyTown, plus new interactive elements,” said Andrew Beecham, senior vice president of programming at Sprout. “A super Sproutlet is a preschooler who loves taking care of the earth, the environment, themselves and the people around them. As part of the show, parents and kids can visit SproutOnline.com to play new games and upload videos of their preschoolers performing their fantastic super moves of the day.”

On The Super Sproutlet Show, Sportacus flies his airship over towns all across the country to find Sproutlets who are living healthy lifestyles, while Bean, a 12-year-old, blue-haired, spunky “superhero in training” seeks out these Sproutlets with her “Sprout Spotter” watch. She surprises Sproutlets who are being “super” with capes, crowns and shields only a Super Sproutlet can wear. During all of her adventures, she checks in with both Sportacus and the Mayor of LazyTown, Mayor Meanswell.

“Everything that Sportacus does is relatable for kids,” said Magnus Scheving, creator and star of LazyTown. “He is a superhero without any superpowers, proving that if kids go to sleep early, eat healthy, and move regularly, they too can become superheroes. Our challenge when creating this block was to make healthy living fun for families with preschoolers…and with The Super Sproutlet Show, we did it!”

Source

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
            48464-hi-bean_sportacus.jpg
            she is cute...Maggi looks weird...seems we need a "don't forget about Julianna thread"
            Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
              Maggi looks weird
              I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that.

"Bean" still makes me think of Rowan Atkinson though.
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I want to see Bean go to LazyTown.

Comment

So this is going to be the "New Lazytown"...?
                  :|

Comment

Originally posted by Berb
                    So this is going to be the "New Lazytown"...?
                    It's not. I'm not entirely positive, but I'm pretty sure it's like this: For two hours a day (2 - 4pm ET) the "Super Sproutlet Show" will be on. In that time, I will assume that there will be 4, or maybe 3 television programs. At least one of them is going to be LazyTown and rest different shows that promote the importance of health in all fashions. In between the shows and possibly even covering an entire 24 minute block, will be Bean and Sportacus doing things in place of where commercials would normally be. If you ever watched LazyTown on Noggin it will be similar to the moose and the bird between the shows. Except for only 2 hours. And hopefully much less annoying.

It does seem like Sprout wants to make LazyTown their flagship show though, which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abUhT2zeCKU
                      *Shudders*
                      *Looks at top comments*
                      Wow.

Comment

Who's Bean's acting coach?! Loonette the Clown?

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                          Who's Bean's acting coach?! Loonette the Clown?
                          loll maybe Tayla (teatime)

Comment

pre production has started today on season 3 thats all they said on their facebook post sadly so no news on whos back and who isnt just yet

Comment

Originally posted by Stevilito
                              pre production has started today on season 3 thats all they said on their facebook post sadly so no news on whos back and who isnt just yet
                              I would like to be a fly on the wall there just to know what's going on and to get all the insider news...reminds me a bit on christmas: anticipation is the greatest joy ;)
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X