• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazytown news - Olive Oil Comes To LazyTown

Olive Oil Comes To LazyTown

Ana has asked me to post this here:
    http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2011/0...305362834.html

Olive oil arrives in Lazy Town
    Magnús Arnason, creative director of the series, with a bottle of oil at Expoliva. | M. Cuevas

Maria Amelia Brenes | Jaen
    Updated Sunday 05/15/2011 17:53 hours

Olive oil is present in the markets of practically the whole world; now, it takes a qualitative leap and lands in 'Lazy Town', a children's series that tries to instill healthy habits in the little ones. This, precisely, makes it the ideal space to promote the consumption of this product, which will appear in the kitchens of the 'Lazy City' next fall, when the 13 episodes originally planned and on which it is already working are broadcast. .

"We must train children based on what the Mediterranean Diet Foundation tells us and we have to work hard so that, when they pass adolescence, they can be our best ambassadors," said Pedro Barato, president of the Olive Oil Interprofessional , entity responsible for an initiative to which the Icelandic series has joined with obvious enthusiasm.

"We love the idea of ​​using synergies and working together on projects that will improve children's lifestyles, offering parents a tool to educate their children in values", assured José Félix García, director of the brand Lazy Town in Spain.

As he explained, the intention is to include oil and other products of the Mediterranean diet within the argument, so that children are encouraged to use them without realizing it. "The idea is to show, for example, the oil as the icing on a salad, so that children perceive it as something positive and want to do it, to emulate their heroes", pointed out García, who has also announced that he is going to Add a new character.

And in that process, most likely, Magnús Arnason, creative director of the series, has a lot to do with it."The concept of Lazy Town has existed for 16 years and in this time we have promoted the consumption of fruits and vegetables as healthy diet options for the whole family. Olives and olive trees fit perfectly into our line, so the more options, the better," he pointed out.

The collaboration between the Interprofessional of Olive Oil and the series is one of the initiatives that the first is presenting at the International Fair of Olive Oil and Related Industries, Expoliva 2011, among which the promotion campaign of the Spanish Breakfast, the which you want to export, as a concept comparable to British breakfast or continental breakfast, to the whole world.

Re: Olive Oil Comes To LazyTown

Before Olive Oyl came to LazyTown:

After Olive Oyl came to LazyTown:

Comment

I knew you were going to do that.

Comment

Thanks Vic 😀

Well, I hope you liked it, if you translated it you saw fantastic news!

Comment

News in English:

http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil- ... kids/15361

Popular Television Series Will Pitch Olive Oil to Kids in Spain

May. 16, 2011
          Julie Butler

A new season of popular kids’ TV series Lazy Town will plump olive oil as part of its overall emphasis on exercise and healthy eating.

Pedro Barato, president of the promotional body Interprofesional del Aceite de Oliva, announced the €800,000 ($1.12m) campaign at Expoliva in Jaén on Friday. He said It would target young children “because we need to educate them about the Mediterranean Diet. They will be the future ambassadors and advocates of olive oil in Spain.”

The initiative is a joint one between Barato’s organization and the Mediterranean Diet Foundation and will see the diet — and olive oil as one of its key elements – championed as part of child nutrition information in 13 new episodes of the show due to screen in Spain this fall. Barato said the relevant segments would also be accessible worldwide via the internet.

And across the border, in southern France, the Interprofessional together with other entities has launched a new phase of the European Olive Oil Program with shopping center cooking events and competitions under the umbrella slogan “Everything is better with olive oil. Even you.”
          Advertisement

Meanwhile, with Spain’s olive oil industry steeped in a pricing crisis, municipal elections to be held country-wide next Sunday (May 22) and a general election due next March, Expoliva attracted politicians of various hues among its more than 46,000 visitors.

On Friday, it was the turn of Javier Arenas, president of Spain’s main opposition party, the Popular Party, in Andalusia. Arenas said the region’s olive oil sector – estimated to have amassed debt of €1.5 billion ($2.1b) in the last three years — needed some special care. He joined calls for the European Commission to provide private storage aid for Spanish olive oil until prices improve and for the highly fragmented production side of the industry to unify.

Arenas also said it was “absolutely essential” that an Andalusian Laboratory of Agri-Food Analysis be set up as a first step towards the creation of an Institute for the Mediterranean Diet.

Expoliva closed on Saturday having had an estimated €31 million ($43.7m) flow-on impact on Jaén’s economy over the four-day event. According to Jaén Fairs president Luis Carlos García, a survey of attendees found that 72% had made purchases of at least €4,000 ($5,644) at Expoliva.

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
            http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/world/selling-olive-oil-kids/15361
            "13 new episodes of the show due to screen in Spain this fall..the relevant segments would also be accessible via the internet"

Cool. However, the only Spanish I know is "Yo Quiero Taco Bell".
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
              http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/world/selling-olive-oil-kids/15361
              "13 new episodes of the show due to screen in Spain this fall..the relevant segments would also be accessible via the internet"

Cool. However, the only Spanish I know is "Yo Quiero Taco Bell".
              seems one of our spanish fellows need to do a video with english subs of each ep ;)
              Gallery

Comment

I wonder who *Whistle* Hehe ;)

Comment

Hey guys! José (the man you saw he talked on the news and PR Spain) will call me this Thursday and will tell me more news about the new episodes.

Comment

Hey guys! José (the man you saw he talked on the news and PR Spain) will call me this Thursday and will tell me more news about the new episodes.
                    I look forward and hope it will not turn out to be LT extra ;)
                    Gallery

Comment

Hey guys! José called me and told me this: They are 13 episodes, a cooking show with two teams. Robbie will help a team and Sportacus the another one, with real kids and with a gymcana, they will have several challenges. The new character is a chef, crazy like Robbie, hehe. The first country for release it is Spain (because is the country which signed the deal about the Olive Oil. It's a big honour for me as a Spanish girl and as an Andalusian), but the rest of the countries will see it too. The release is in Autumm and the filming this summer. That is the info at the moment, he will tell me and send me more things when he can and know.

Comment

oh my lord...our tv is overloaded with cook shows lol
                        Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
                          You aint kidding! most UK channels have their own cookery show, with some airing 1 in the morning/afternoon and 1 in the evening!
                          The networks are too cheap to employ writers to create a proper TV show.
                          One of my favourite Comedians said (sarcastically) only the other day "A Cookery show, what a novel idea!" lol
                          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                            Originally posted by Buzz
                            You aint kidding! most UK channels have their own cookery show, with some airing 1 in the morning/afternoon and 1 in the evening!
                            The networks are too cheap to employ writers to create a proper TV show.
                            One of my favourite Comedians said (sarcastically) only the other day "A Cookery show, what a novel idea!" lol
                            don't worry...this cookery show will be completely different...I wonder what they will cook...maybe all kind of Paella ;)
                            Gallery

Comment

I am interested, but honestly skeptical. I'll keep an open mind though.

Comment

Working...
                              X