This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New questions for Magnús

Haha, yeah. McDonalds promoting LazyTown is like PeTA having a meat sale.

Anyway, I don't think Magnus would talk openly about whatever Viacom thought they were doing. Oftentimes, it's against someone's contract to air dirty laundry like that. But I suspect the reason is that unlike Nick Jr's other shows, Viacom didn't fully own LazyTown and didn't get the full profit from it. They preferred to focus on shows they fully owned.

The same thing happened with Cartoon Network ditching their DC Comics animated shows in favor of CN originals and Disney ditching Power Rangers in favor of their fully owned boys' action shows on Disney XD. (but now Saban has PR again and is relaunching it with a huge marketing blitz, so the last one doesn't quite apply anymore)

Comment

*confused* Are these good questions or not? :?

- Why was viacom not interested in promoting lazytown in the united states even though the ratings were strong? (so many rumours and speculation but no direct answer ever)
      - why was LT merchandise only being sold at K-marts mostly?
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Well my point was, I haven't seen them sold here for quite some time. Perhaps they were discontinued here. I wanted to know what happened there and if they'll start making/selling them again.

Comment

I think they're good and I'd love to hear the answers. I just don't think you'd get a straight answer from him.

Comment

If I was there, I would give him one of my trademark Happy Hugs O' Doom.

That's what I would ask if I was there..."Can I has a hug, Mr. Magnus, sir?" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
              *confused* Are these good questions or not? :?
              - Why was viacom not interested in promoting lazytown in the united states even though the ratings were strong? (so many rumours and speculation but no direct answer ever)
              - why was LT merchandise only being sold at K-marts mostly?
              The first is a good question, but not a good question to ask because he wouldn't be able to answer it. At the very least until their contract runs out and he has no motivation to be nice to them.

The second isn't haha. No offence ;)

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
                A lot of these are good questions..LT Extra on dvd and such...
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

yo beticaforever, how do u actually know Magnus? im quite curious

Comment

Originally posted by Deep4t
                    yo beticaforever, how do u actually know Magnus? im quite curious
                    We all know him, he's the maker of LazyTown

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I just thought of one more question for Magnus...

Have you ever considered becoming a professional blue evangelist?

Comment

Thanks guys for your questions, keep asking please
                        Pooky, tell us, how many questions we already have and what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
                          How about:
                          Isn't it true that your name is in fact Magnus von Scheving? And that your physical prowess is actually a result of experiments made by Nazi scientists during World War II in order to create an immortal Aryan Über-Soldat?

Nah, might upset him, won't it?
                          I almost fell out of my chair, LOL!

Comment

"Von" no "Örn" his real name is Magnús Örn Eyjolfsson, but he changed his last name by "Scheving", it is the last name of his grandfather, and I think the full name is Magnús Örn Eyjolfsson Scheving (or Scheving Eyjolfsson? I am not sure).

Btw, "Örn" i Icelandic means "Eagle" and "Magnús" in Latin means "Big", so, his name in English is "Big Eagle" hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
                              "Von" no "Örn" his real name is Magnús Örn Eyjolfsson, but he changed his last name by "Scheving", it is the last name of his grandfather, and I think the full name is Magnús Örn Eyjolfsson Scheving (or Scheving Eyjolfsson? I am not sure).
                              Btw, "Örn" i Icelandic means "Eagle" and "Magnús" in Latin means "Big", so, his name in English is "Big Eagle" hehehe.
                              I didn't know any of that, that was really interesting, Thanks Ana! :)

Is this a good enough question:
                              What was the last CD you bought?
                              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                                Originally posted by beticaforever
                                I didn't know any of that, that was really interesting, Thanks Ana! :)
                                Yeah, it was an interesting read, thanks :)

Comment

Working...
                                X