LazyTown Movie Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LazyTown Movie Discussion

Well, the closest thing to a relevant result searching "LazyTown movie" gives me is this: http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/LazyTown:_The_Movie, so I'm guessing no.

Comment

Originally posted by boblbee View Post
      "Starring Scarlett Johansson", lol.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

And besides, 'Idea Wiki'? That should be enough of a giveaway.

Comment

Well, the closest thing to a relevant result searching "LazyTown movie" gives me is this: http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/LazyTown:_The_Movie, so I'm guessing no.
          Wow, that character and cast roster was a wild ride. The repeated use of "Mangus" Scheving is a lot to handle. I can't say I'd want this to be a real thing, but major props to the imaginations of some of the editors on that article.

Comment

Okay, I just read this, and it looks like some guy had a serious but somewhat juvenile and short idea for a movie, and some other guy changed all of the actors to make it ridiculous.

Here's a list.

Jives: Zachary Gordon (diary of a wimpy kid guy, apparently)
            'Money-wasting beggar': Jack Black
            'Police officer': Will Smith
            'Mailman': Seth Rogen
            Haninn: Owen Wilson

And then it gets even more ridiculous.

Sportacette (Sportacus' love interest): Scarlett Johansson
            'Caramelphanie' (Stephanie's sister): Julianna Rose Mauriello
            Ronald the Apple Worm: Tom Kenny

I couldn't read any more after that, but the page is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
              Just saying, I can totes see Hannin played by Owen Wilson and Sportaccette played by Scarlett Johansson.

OMG... MAGGI AND SCARLETT WOULD MAKE THE MOST BAD ASS LOVE COUPLE SINCE KIM POSSIBLE!!!
              But the film is meant to be LazyTown, not SuperGroupTown or SitcomTown. If it stays in the spirit of LazyTown, which it should, then it should have some moral lesson, not a cheesy tacked-on love story that kids don't care about.

And anyway, you have to at least admit that the characters of 'Caramelphanie' and 'Ronald the Apple Worm' are stupid, right?

Comment

1. Most lazytowns would have grown up by now so a lowkey love story could be embedded to the plot (not to mention, Maggi once officialy said in an interview woth BBC 3 that in the Official LTM that number 8 would be a chick)
                Do you have a link to the interview? It seems interesting.

Still love to see Will Smith in a LazyTown movie though. It will be bad-ass... but for kids
                I feel like if they had Will Smith in a LazyTown movie, it would just turn into one of those terrible comic-relief based movies that absolutely suck and rely on visuals to draw in audiences.

Comment

Well i appraciete u <3

Comment

If a movie is made, Lazytown, the actors won't be the same, it would be quite different.

Comment

The plan for a movie was Magnus' idea after the season 2 episodes in 2008 and was sometimes mentioned during the years after that (this thread gives a good view). I believe it was more like a thought than a serious idea. Magnus has many outspoken thoughts that never came into reality.

Turner BS (owner of LazyTown since september 2011) does not have the idea/plan for a LazyTown movie on short term. So it might never happen.

However, they are interested in an animated series but that's only a plan for now. Who knows how long that takes to come into production.
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                        However, they are interested in an animated series but that's only a plan for now. Who knows how long that takes to come into production.
                        They are interested in an animated series?! :O

Where did you find that out?

I hope most of the original characters return (Minus Robbie... Idk who would play Stephanie though xD)

Comment

Working...
                        X