Costume Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costume Thread

I figured that since Halloween is tomorrow, we should get into the spirit by discussing costumes...though this thread could also be used for cosplay during the rest of the year, too.

So, tomorrow is Halloween...I'm not sure if it's done in other countries or not, but the tradition is that children dress in costumes and go door to door asking for candy. Even adults dress up, especially for things like "haunted" houses and parties, or if they have to take their children trick-or-treating.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone is familiar with this concept...

So...if you are dressing up in costume, tell us about it!

The past two days, I've been dressed up as a sort of generic cat girl. I have pink and black ears with ribbons and bows attached, a black cat collar with a purple bell, a black pinstriped vest, a white ruffled shirt, black shorts, a black tail, striped purple and black fingerless gloves, black nail polish, striped purple and black stockings, shiny black shoes, and makeup that looks like whiskers and a nose.

My newspaper teacher said I resembled the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. The stripes are the wrong colors, but I guess I could be his cousin or something. I guess he was just getting back at me for saying he would make an excellent Mad Hatter.

Tomorrow I may have to dress up again and take my brother trick-or-treating. It's too cold, and I have a lot of homework...so dunno if I will or not.

But anyway, that's my costume. Pics are on facebook.

Re: Costume Thread

Originally posted by Lily_Kaelar
    ..Anyway, I'm sure everyone is familiar with this concept...
    Don't be so sure about it, Halloween is an american thing.

We have All Hallows on nov 1st, which is a bit different.

Have fun today !! ;)
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I knew it was American...but I figured many of you have at least heard of it and have the general gist of what it's about. For example, it's mentioned on a lot of cartoons and shows and things of that nature.

Comment

I was a witch, it was the first time I'd ever dressed up for Halloween as my parents haven't let me for the first 18 years of my life.

We went to next door's flat for a party then went into town. I saw several Ghostbusters, 4 Wallys (Waldos for Americans), Spongebob Squarepants, Captain Jack Sparrow, Buzz Lightyear and the 11th Doctor complete with fez.

Comment

Yeah not a lot of people dressed up at school or at the party yesterday.

At school there was one other cat, Wonder Woman, Italy (from Hetalia) in his chibi maid outfit, a few bees, the Six Flags guy, a football player, a thug, some hippies, some athletes, a box of cereal, and a surfer. A few of the teachers dressed up as students--bad stereotypical versions of us in our out-of-uniform looks and loud gum chewing and stuff. It was pretty funny.

At the party down the street, there was Fred Flintstone, Wilma, Pebbles, Bam-Bam. There were also four people dressed as people from the show Jersey Shore, as well as a bad version of Charlie Brown, a princess, a "cereal killer," a cow, and a gay couple dressed a's little kids with lollipops. There was also a dog dressed as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily_Kaelar
            I knew it was American...but I figured many of you have at least heard of it and have the general gist of what it's about. For example, it's mentioned on a lot of cartoons and shows and things of that nature.
            Oh I'm positive about that, all the ten active people on this forum know about it. I was thinking more worldwide. A bad habit of me ;)

Seems like you all have a great halloween. I'm jealous.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X