Magnus said at a press conference that a new season is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Third Season?

The second season still not end,the third season is begin soon.

Comment

Well Enchilada, I used to think that, but I had a long discussion about this with Xizer probably a couple weeks ago, and from all that we've seen and all of the information that's out there, and what we've heard from LazyTown people, it became apparent to us that the first 34 episodes were the first two seasons (the dividing line between the two not being entirely clear, but that's Nickelodeon's fault) and what we generally call Season 2 is actually the third season, and the last of the episodes that were filmed last year. Nothing beyond that exists.

Comment

The third season still not filming,this is the web page of the episodes:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LazyTown_episodes

Comment

the 2nd season is obviously where we see Julianna suddenly became older and the updated cgi/graphics. So for the U.S. that would be "Rockin' Robbie".

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/03/13/154528.php

18 new episodes were ordered. If for some weird reason they indeed count "Sports Candy Festival" as the beginning of their season two (which filming order its not) then Nick still has 4 episodes to show. (18 would end with Lazy Genie.)

If they start with Rockin Robbie, 8 more episodes are left to air. we've seen 6 of those. (last two only screencaps and titles but still....)

Comment

Enganchada, I'm aware of the wikipedia page. What I'm telling you is what it lists as "Season 1" is actually the first *two* seasons, and what it lists as "Season 2" is actually the third season that was filmed in 2006.

Merlin, I believe your second interpretation is correct, which would make 8 more episodes to air in the US (the 4 UK ones, the 2 AU ones, plus two more).

After that, I would put my money on LazyTown as we know it being done.

Comment

I'm thinking Luigi' and other's take is far more likely.

34 episodes is absurdly long of a run for one season, even for a daily ran kid's show. The likely situation is they taped 13-16 eps and contractually at that point Viacom or whomever had the option to order more for the season or sit on it until later/ever. They green lighted the latter half and maybe "production wise" was the second "season." (and thusly making Rockin Robbie onwards, season 3.)

Comment

http://kidstvmovies.about.com/b/a/257371.htm

They state here "22 episode season" which includes the 4 nickjr was counting as a "new season" and the 18 nickjr ordered which was for their next season of filming. Eh I'm just going in circles now with this..lol.

Comment

LazyTown is experiencing a large amount of success worldwide so I think that it would be a bad business move if they stopped creating new episodes.

LazyTown has a huge fanbase and the evidence that has been shown in previous posts suggest that a third/fourth season may be on its way.

Comment

I think Magnus is moving on:[attachment=0:21908]lazyquote.PNG[/attachment:21908]
                    for the whole article go herehttp://www.definitionmagazine.com/is.../lazy_town.pdf
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bejezzus....I thought this thread was long dead.

If you ask the right questions to the right people on this Forum, you can get some worthwhile information. I have it on VERY good authority that there will be NO more episodes as we know them, after the 52nd, coming up soon (15th Oct) in CA. Yes, I know ....... I cried as well.

Magnus has several possibilities planned to progress the show , but nothing is yet confirmed.

Comment

what is this source?

Comment

I'm one of those people that like to stay blissfully optimistic in the face of crushing evidence to the contrary - so until Magnús actually says "LazyTown is over -- go buy some merchanidise and cry," I'm going to pretend that new episodes will appear forever. Yay for ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by Frakkyfire
                            I'm one of those people that like to stay blissfully optimistic in the face of crushing evidence to the contrary - so until Magnús actually says "LazyTown is over -- go buy some merchanidise and cry," I'm going to pretend that new episodes will appear forever. Yay for ignorance!
                            Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by Frakkyfire
                              Lazytown is far too popular in the UK and Latin America for it to be completely over. As a business decision it would make no frickin' sense at all, and Magnus is a businessman, first and foremost really, though he'd probably deny that. The response to the Sesame Place thing (?) shows it isn't dead in the US either, it's just being Screwed By The Network at the moment.
                              Yes, they're not in the middle of making more episodes right now, but that does mean there won't ever be more, it just means they haven't started it yet.

Looking back up the thread, if it was Nick Jr that was commissioning the episodes originally, but Nick has since decided to play the 'screwed by the network' game with it, then it makes sense that there won't be any more new ones for the moment if Nick Jr doesn't want them, though doubtless some network will eventually want more. I am a bit worried what it could mean that its biggest markets at the moment are all dub ones, but I guess that bridge will be crossed when it pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
                                what is this source?
                                Those wishing to ignore evidence, favour ignorance, or live in a pretend world (?), should look away now.....

After consulting with my "source", he/she wishes to remain anonymous for the time being,
                                but please be assured, the information is solid.
                                I can't really say any more than that at the moment, except, kelly, you're pretty much on the right lines - but you missed out the movie option.

Comment

Working...
                                X