Season 3 LazyTown episode Roboticus was on TV for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown's Third Season

Boredjedi, for NBCkids, I would put our first possible date as June 1. Yeah, I know, it's a while, but since the date for the US is the Monday before....

Comment

Well I watched it, not really sure what to make of it.
      On one side, its kinda surreal Lazytown is back. Well I'll post the good and bad

Good:
      1) the badguy was really cool
      2) The song was good
      3) was a pretty good story

Bad:
      1) At the moment, i really dont like the new Steph. Her performance just seems a little forced and over the top for little kids. I mean, ok its a kids show but, the old Steph just seemed more natural in talking.
      2) The routine in the middle of the song was just shoved in to make kids dance and didnt fit in at all.
      3) Theres no way they woulda won the race. I mean, by the time steph got to the bell, Robot dude woulda won. I mean, its fine having some disbelief but, it was stretching it a bit far when steph spent like 3 minutes to ring the bell and Roboticus was just getting to the wall.

Maybe, its just been so long since ive watched Lazytown ive just become more cynical.

Comment

^ I pretty much agree.
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Hi everyone new to the forum today :). Been a fan ever since the start of LazyTown. I have to say the first episode today was very good. So great to see it back on our screens Chloe did a great job in my opinion and I can't really judge it was only her first episode loved the robot.

P.S has anyone got a link so I can watch it again I have been searching all day every since it last aired at 4 pm and cant find anything :(

Comment

It was great watching it and I agree on most of what Deep4t said, but less negative about Chloe though. She did remind me of Bean in those Sprout TV shows, the enrgy and the way she talks, a bit artificial but yet not too much. There is one thing in the new episode storyline that I miss and that's the moral of the story. That was so prominent in the old seasons episodes. Maybe I overlooked and was it about teamwork or exercise(?)
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooky
              It was great watching it and I agree on most of what Deep4t said, but less negative about Chloe though. She did remind me of Bean in those Sprout TV shows, the enrgy and the way she talks, a bit artificial but yet not too much. There is one thing in the new episode storyline that I miss and that's the moral of the story. That was so prominent in the old seasons episodes. Maybe I overlooked and was it about teamwork or exercise(?)
              This is the link that Jumpman256 found and in this link we can see the plots of the next 12 episodes:

http://www.turnerinflightservices.com/kids/lazytown/

I think Chloe Lang did a good job. We need to wait, we only saw her in one episode.

I liked Sportacus's parts. I am very sentimental and perhaps I became more sentimental since I watch The Mentalist (a TV Crimes Drama) because I loved when he looks weak, sad and angry. I like when he is happy too but I like when he shows his other feelings. I liked his new gadgets.

I think they did a good job but I would like to see a more amazing thing in the new gadgets of Sportacus.

I like to read that we iwll know a bit more about Sportacus, you can read it on the plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Deep4t

Maybe, its just been so long since ive watched Lazytown ive just become more cynical.

Good points overall however I would say the song is okay and the bing bang end hardly showed Chloe doing a proper bing bang dance bit the way Julianna was able to.

I wouldn't call it cynical but more critical. We are use to better. Especially with the Stephanie character. I've said this many times but casting a part can either break or make a show. In this case I do believe they made a serious mistake. No aspersions on Chloe, I'm sure she would do fine in other roles, she is just not Stephanie material. Magnus may not like reading this but he's in the business and he must know this fact about casting. However this is a kids show and what do kids know. For us older fans, well for me anyway, this just doesn't cut it. Chloe just doesn't have that Stephanie charisma/chemisty that Julianna had.

We'll see what the other episodes offer but I'm not going to hold my breath.
                http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the episode?

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
                    Originally posted by Pooky
                    This is the link that Jumpman256 found and in this link we can see the plots of the next 12 episodes:

http://www.turnerinflightservices.com/kids/lazytown
                    Yeah I read that. The plot is like the structure of a story which is different from the moral of a story, mostly captured in one or two words. We will see what the next episodes bring.
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Okay...THAT was awesome.
                      I actually dig the shortened theme--and the new visuals. :)
                      I'm going to be probably in the vast minority here, but....ya know what? I like Chloe. As much as Julianna? No--but she's grown up, and they needed to find someone new to fill the shoes of the CHARACTER of Stephanie--and Chloe does that pretty well. (She does remind me of Bean a bit, but she's not nearly as wooden as her (I feel horrible saying that--I also like the SSS; am I in the minority there, too?

SPOILERS!!!!!!

I love how Steph's always carrying around the SportaStephanie mask, just in case.
                      Also, Sportacus. His new stuff is just AMAZING. And Roboticus was an actual challenge for him--good on the creators for starting off the season that way.
                      I cannot WAIT to see what's next. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman256
                        am I in the minority there, too?
                        Don't be afraid to speak your mind. Like most things, you'll find varying array of opinions. You'll either like or you won't or be somewhere in between. As for me, it's as if they cast Ethel Merman instead of Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music.

Comment

I did an exception and I uploaded it:

[youtube]QxY-F_poS3U[/youtube]

Thanks to Glanni's Girl

Comment

Oh, no, you misunderstand, boredjedi--i just genuinely want to know. :) I only felt bad for the ACTRESS playing Bean. (And i guess for you, that's a dislike on the SSS) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman256
                              i just genuinely want to know. :)

viewtopic.php?p=86653#p86653

Comment

Ooooh, thanks!
                                (And I think we got our wires crossed there--were you talking about Chloe or bean with Ethel Merman?) :)

Comment

Working...
                                X