Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    19:44

Re: Season 3 General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
    0:58
    What does everyone think the fruit after Papaya is?

Papaya
    ?
    Kiwi
    Watermelon
    Cucumber
    Papaya

Am I the only one that hears Guava?

I would ask Mani, but ...Attachment 1486
    The lyrics in the booklet of the CD doesn't say anything about the 'wah' word between Papaya and Kiwi. It's probably added for the rhythm flow.

Papaya
    Kiwi
    Watermelon
    Cucumber

wikiman LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    22:44

I find it weird how the Wiki here doesn't even mention Season 3. Wonder why that is.

Owner of GetLazy Forums ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by mariofan5000 View Post
    I find it weird how the Wiki here doesn't even mention Season 3. Wonder why that is.
    That's because t's not updated yet. The season 3 descriptions are here, if you were looking for those:

http://www.getlazy.net/forums/conten...-3-description

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    12:44

Yes the wiki really needs some loving. Maybe I'll start doing some of that soon.
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Correction thread

I've just watched series 3 and darn it! I have to ask...what happened!?.

Magnus sold out and now the north americans executives are ruining the programme.

Is good that lazy town is back and all but this incarnation feels like a different show.

Lets start with the new incarnation of Stephanie.

Miss Chloe is a beutiful and talented girl but it is very obvious that sadly she is a miscast.

She can dance, she can sing but her acting ability is limited

Her limited acting ability is unable to channel the sweet, smart and optimist girl that is Stephanie. Chloe has two facial expresions : grinning and non grinning

Julliana was able to channel Stephanie perfectly...heck, EVEN Shelby Young. From what little exist of her I felt that she was able to do a very convincing Stephanie.

Chloe should concentrate on singing and dancing ( which according to her facebook page is what she is doing on her free time. When she is not in lazy town she is on dancing competitions)

Another thing about the new lazy town is the lack of creativity in the episodes. Roboticus is just sportafake with a robot...

Now...the thing that has me very angry and offended.

The PC brigade strikes again!.(rant)

"He interacts too much with the little girl!, he must be a paedophile!" " Her dress is too short!" "We can see her dancing pants when she dances!!"... thanks to these idiotic people and parents Sportacus does not interact as much with Stephanie and the dances are being censored ( it started in lazytown extra, those annoying cuts everytime she rises her legs...). First of all... is a dancing dress what the F do you expect!?. I hope none of these parents take their children to ballet or other dancing clases. It is supposed to be like that unless you want the performers to dance with medieval armours!. Idiots!, dancers are profesionals who are not ashamed by this and this kind of thinking may prevent little girls from taking interest in dancing .

Ohh and don't get me get started with the "paedophile" thing.

Since when is a popular opinion that if you are kind and polite to children you are a paedophile!?.

Maybe there are people who are simply children at heart and are good with children!.

Paedophilia is not a disease folks!. You can't get it!. Just as I will never be attracted to a person of my same sex, I will never be attracted to a child!

F it!, Sportacus should be a total jerk to the children. That is better than being called a paedophile by today's sick society.

Sorry for my long post

Banned ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!

Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    15:44

Re: Not the same show.

Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

Der Postmeister SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 32 - Secret Agent
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    20:44

I agree with everything except for...

Quote Originally Posted by LordMortimus View Post
    she can sing

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LordMortimus View Post
    Roboticus is just sportafake with a robot...
    There are many valid criticisms regarding the differences between Nick era episodes and Turner era episodes. It is easy to come to the conclusion that the changes were due to the changes in sponsorship/ownership, but that's just not the case. I am sorry to burst your bubble, but the culprit is not a benevolent, oppressive corporation shoving their uninformed ideas and opinions down the creative pipeline. The one responsible for the changes that most fans regard as negative is Magnus Scheving. Dance breaks during songs? Magnus. Halving Welcome to LazyTown? Magnus. Super Sportastephanie whatever? Magnus. And while I don't dislike Chloe, for those who do, Magnus was the one who hired her.

It's funny that you should bring up Roboticus of all things. That episode is a little bit strange in the sense that it's very fast-paced with a lot of action and not much else. I would say that it is inferior to the slower, more character-driven episodes, and I think a lot of people would agree. That episode is Magnus's "masterpiece" so to speak. If I had to wrap up Magnus's style and show it as an example to someone, I would use Roboticus.
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

Level 32 - Secret Agent
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    I am sorry to burst your bubble, but the culprit is not a benevolent, oppressive corporation shoving their uninformed ideas and opinions down the creative pipeline. The one responsible for the changes that most fans regard as negative is Magnus Scheving.
    how do you know?...you should consider the possibility that Magnus acts under pressure...we didn't witness the consultations between Turner and LTE and so we don't know the new standards they arranged behind closed doors...Magnus is just a marjonette of the new backer I'm afraid and his influence dropped since his show burns american money...you mentioned there was a coming and going of Turner manager during your visit in the studios and I think they didn't come because of the good coffee

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Season 3 General Discussion

I can't imagine it, really. Magnus is still very much the head honcho at LazyTown.

The Turner guy that came in... I can't remember his title, though it was something very corporate sounding. Asset Strategizer or something like that. Long story short, Turner is going through some restructuring, and I'm sure the guy was there to determine whether or not LazyTown was worth keeping.

Level 32 - Secret Agent
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

I'm sure the guy was there to determine whether or not LazyTown was worth keeping.
    geez...even though I'm not happy with the show atm I hope you're wrong...cuz I feel a strong urge to meet Stephanie no. 3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stephanie67.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	5049

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 33 - New Superhero
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    14:44

and I'm sure the guy was there to determine whether or not LazyTown was worth keeping.
    Depends on the show's individual ratings and how much it's costing them. Can't seem to dig up individual numbers for shows but sprout seems to be doing very well overall.

http://www.thestreet.com/newsanalysi.../11790776.html

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...ng-3Q-20131003

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/n...shi1572415.xml

Usually when I happen to be awake at 12 noon on saturday and catch NBC kids I usually catch the original season shows. I only caught the new chloe ones once or twice.

Would be interesting to know the actual rating number for Lazytown here in the states.

Administrator ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Not sure if this counts as a S3 or S4 post, but another show I like returned recently after a long absence, and that season was pretty ridiculous. The season that followed was almost back to normal, so apart from the inevitable "See ya Scheving" episode, I reckon S4 will be almost back to normal.
    Getur einhver annar veriš Glanni ? žaš bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, žaš er enginn eins og žś!

Banned ROTTEN MEMBER

Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

When was LazyTown ever normal? Maybe on paper.

Guess I shouldn't assume people don't converse with puppets in their everyday lives.

Comparing episodes filmed in different decades makes as much sense.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 33 - New Superhero
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    14:44

Quote Originally Posted by SportaKandy View Post
    When was LazyTown ever normal? Maybe on paper.

Guess I shouldn't assume people don't converse with puppets in their everyday lives.

Comparing episodes filmed in different decades makes as much sense.
    It makes very much sense. What I think Glanni's is trying to impart is the overall feel and character of this reboot.
    Nothing so far has even come close to season 1 not even season 2 (ugh that Stephanie wig). It's quite possible they set a bar too high with
    season 1 they may never be able to duplicate it.

I can tell you where they could start though correcting that bar and I'm sure most would know what that would be.

Banned ROTTEN MEMBER

Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by boredjedi View Post
    I can tell you where they could start though correcting that bar and I'm sure most would know what that would be.
    Removing it from the anus?

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    Heyo! Ain't been here for a while. I kinda disliked season 3 (well, based on like..3 episodes).

Just wondering, did I miss anything? Might go back and watch them all. I'm watching the new songs on Youtube and the comments are disabled and quite a lot of dislikes. Whats that about?
    I disliked the new Stephanie, the tone of the show seemed a bit dumb downed, and the "dancing time" in the songs ruined the songs for me.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    well I just saw the little pink Riding Hood episode for the first time when NBC aired it last weekend and oh my god I think it is my favorite one of the season it was ing hilarious!

the song was really catchy except for that stupid join in part and oh man, when Robbie was doing all those voices just getting to hear all of the characters sounding like Robbie was hilarious. loved Stephanie voice screaming at him to eat the apple and his angry/panicked Sportacus voice. Lmao.

and I almost lost it from laughter when he just shoved the real Sportacus into the closet and then his body falls out and is rolling around the airship, I don't know just the whole plot was just over the top weird and I loved it!

it's really a shame the fandom has died so much because all of the sport or Robbie fangirls would be having a field day with some of these episodes there's definitely a lot of that kind of stuff I've noticed.

And WTF at Stephanie just jumping out of the airship when its in the air this crazy bitch got a death wish? O _o

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    Blue Knight ep this morning, fun one, loved the dragon, knights, robbies knight/Devinci outfit....I wonder if it was Magnus in that knight outfit for most of the ep.....hmmmmmm. lol.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    I loved the blue knight. I wrote one of my favorite fanfics from that story.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 19 - GetLazy's Secret Friend
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    Sportacus and Stephanie fit very well together as a team. Friends are friends since.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    13th December 2017
    Local Time
    06:44

I'm re-watching Who's Who and wondering if Robbie could've just made an 'opposite' Sportacus straight away rather than 'starting small' with a mean stephanie. Or even better why not both?!

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Local Date
    13th December 2017
    Local Time
    03:44

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
    I'm re-watching Who's Who and wondering if Robbie could've just made an 'opposite' Sportacus straight away rather than 'starting small' with a mean stephanie. Or even better why not both?!
    Because then the episode would be too close to Sportafake.

The New Kind of Fangirl SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panter
    Local Date
    13th December 2017
    Local Time
    06:44

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtter View Post
    Because then the episode would be too close to Sportafake.
    I'm now starting to see why people say that season 3 is literally a remake of season 1...
    "I have two choices, It's a bad year or its a good year! It's going to be a fantastic Year!" - Magnus Scheving

YouTube // Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr //

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Local Date
    13th December 2017
    Local Time
    03:44

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiejea View Post
    I'm now starting to see why people say that season 3 is literally a remake of season 1...
    I mean, I think that they tried to call back on purpose to try and show people that the show was the same (instead of like Extra), hence the cook costume for Stephanie, some similar plot lines, etc.