Re: Julianna and Magnús together again in a Live Show in UK

Someone can download this video please?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11069596

Originally posted by beticaforever
    Someone can download this video please?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11069596
    trying, no luck finding the FLV so far
    edit: it looks like they're trying everything they can do stop downloads, even to embed offsite you need to contact them :/

Comment

PS - Someone has a program for download the video from BBC News? I think there is a program for it, but I don´t know how use it so :(
      Yeah the Iplayer? i looked into that, the breakfast program cant be downloaded off it, and ive given up on that download sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by hlazytownero
        To download videos: you can try (as many times Nindanjoe has said it)
        1. Using Firefox Mozilla browser.
        2. To download the plugin to allow copy stream videos, using DownloaderHelper (the same application used to download YT videos, http://en.kioskea.net/faq/140-how-to-ca ... e-internet).
        H.
        Nup, it's not a normal FLV it's a MP4, and it's next to imposable to find :/

Comment

I can´t, because when I downloaded DH it not works in my firefox, I don´t know why, so, other person must download it with DH, I can´t :(

Comment

I managed to get the BBC vid with flvrecorder after several tries, but it constantly gave me errors. :( The flv file I got has bad pixelation for about two seconds at the beginning (see pic) but the audio and the rest of the video is fine. It could be that I'm on a 64bit Win7 system, is someone on a 32bit system willing to dl the trial of flvrecorder and give it ago? I'll upload the slightly less than perfect flv (about 20meg) somewhere shortly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MagiJuliBBC.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	473.9 KB
ID:	147148

Comment

Someone sent me the video finally I am going to upload it to YT.

BBC News - Lazytown creator shows off skills in Breakfast studio.pdf

Comment

I am going to upload it to YT.
                I have an old English speaking Magnus interview no one outside of the UK has heard before, I just need the right software
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                  I am going to upload it to YT.
                  I have an old English speaking Magnus interview no one outside of the UK has heard before, I just need the right software
                  Possibly something to record the screen? I was going to record my screen to get that other interview, but I'm going out tonight and I need to pack for London, and it looks like someone else has got it.

Comment

I haven't read the full topic, I was mainly looking to see where beticaforever needed help with something after getting a PM from her. =P

Originally posted by RTGuardian
                    I managed to get the BBC vid with flvrecorder after several tries, but it constantly gave me errors. :( The flv file I got has bad pixelation for about two seconds at the beginning (see pic) but the audio and the rest of the video is fine. It could be that I'm on a 64bit Win7 system, is someone on a 32bit system willing to dl the trial of flvrecorder and give it ago? I'll upload the slightly less than perfect flv (about 20meg) somewhere shortly.
                    I've been looking into streaming video lately and StreamTransport has been a pretty good freeware solution. I just downloaded the BBC video with no errors that I could see after a quick skimming. It's a powerful piece of software, it can even download from the encrypted Hulu stream, very nice. Jaksta avoids encrypted streams. You can find StreamTransport here: http://anonym.to/?http://www.streamtransport.com/
                    Originally posted by diesal11
                    Originally posted by hlazytownero
                    To download videos: you can try (as many times Nindanjoe has said it)
                    1. Using Firefox Mozilla browser.
                    2. To download the plugin to allow copy stream videos, using DownloaderHelper (the same application used to download YT videos, http://en.kioskea.net/faq/140-how-to-ca ... e-internet).
                    H.
                    Nup, it's not a normal FLV it's a MP4, and it's next to imposable to find :/
                    Both right and wrong. YouTube has MP4 files inside FLV containers. What I mean by MP4 files are the h264 (or x264) video and AAC audio. With certain add-ons, you can download those videos from YouTube. I like to classify YouTube videos as downloadable with streaming capabilities. The "streaming" part means they allow you to skip along the timeline without waiting for the full video to download. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say it has seeking abilities.

Yesterday, I was able to see the BBC video with DownloadHelper. Today, it didn't. I like to use DownloadHelper to help me figure things out since DownloadHelper will see almost everything except streaming videos. In this case, "streaming" means the video is sent to you one piece at a time and will not download to your hard drive. So if DownloadHelper suddenly can't see it, then there's a good chance something fishy is going on and some streaming video is involved.

In this case, the BBC used h264/AAC inside an FLV container. You can actually do some stuff to make this into an MP4 container, but it involves some work.

I really recommend you folks starting a streaming video topic and discussing the different methods to download and the codecs used. I tried to make one, but it was a massive failure. Probably because I was too technical, I don't know. Seeing as beticaforever got the video anyway, there is an unknown person who knows about streaming video. I hope that more people in the LazyTown community will become more knowledgeable in these kinds of things. If only a few people know how to do these things, then this could lead to lost videos; we lost a LazyTown related video before because the people who know how to do these things didn't notice the request for help until it was too late. If the majority of people know, then this gives a better chance at never losing videos again.

Comment

Working...
                    X