Lazytown in real life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazytown in real life

so im just wondering. Like, how does Lazytown effect you in real life. Do people know you like the show? do people people make fun of you for it.

I think all my close friends know i really like they show, and some of them call me a paedo but i dont really care that much.

Re: Lazytown in real life

Well...I ate more sportscandy and started flexibility exercises. I'm gonna dance!

So...yeah, exactly what Maggi intended.

Comment

I drink more water than I used to, and I try to eat an apple today. But I still hate all other fruit. I love vegetables though, but I did anyway.

I lost some friends. Well... some of them talk to me, but they don't like the fact I'm in contact with the "paedos" that make the show. Well they don't like me liking it anyway. Makes me realise that some of them are probably not my friends if they think I should like what they like and nothing else.

I made new internet friends, many of them being you.

My parents... well mother really, hates the show, but they hate anything from other countries (mainly America). She has a go at me saying I shouldn't be on here as much as I am the the forums, and modding some of them because I don't get paid, and I should grow up, and she can't understand how I can be so adult in other aspects of my life but like something so childish. Yeah, like saving the world from obesity is childish. You know I'm a scientist... it's not like I care about the stuff threatening the human race like global warming or obesity. You know mother, you're right it's childish caring about the fact my kids are going to die before me, or if we survive we're going to destroy their planet.

They don't care I've been given opportunities. They just automatically hate anything I do which is different to their life plan for me.

I have a boyfriend called Robbie and he doesn't care that I like it. In fact he's helped out with some stuff.

Before I started watching this show with my youngest sister, I didn't really do anything with her. You know, I was a teenager, and without talking to me, my parents suddenly decided to hate a baby. I'm not your usual girl. I hate pink and girly stuff. I did not want a baby in the family who would distract me from my exams. And yet I ended up taking her to LazyTown Live.

Comment

Mmmmm on the whole my friends don't like it. None of em. I have convined most of them into liking some of LazyTown's music though. Not much, just one or two songs. My friend Peter rejects the entire idea.

My sister sort of likes it though.

Other than that, before LazyTown i used to be fat(ter).
        I don't drink soda anymore. Well I do, but without exaggeration, my yearly soda intake is close to 1/55 of what it used to be.
        I don't eat fast food anywhere near as often, as well I am more concious about my calorie intake. I don't count them, but I do look and if something is grossly unhealthy, I won't eat it.

I can do more pushups/situps/pullups/all that jazz too, but that's hard to measure because it could be relative to weight lost and not to muscle gained.

P.S. Vic, your parents suck.

Comment

Oh yeah. The fact I can do pushups is thanks to Magnus. I used to do a lot of long distance running and hockey, but over my last 2 years of high school I got seriously ill, but no one would believe me. I had to stop running and hockey, as I just couldn't do it anymore. As soon as I went outside, or walked into a big white room, I instantly felt all faint and dizzy and wanted to collapse. At school I was finding I had to have a mint, or some other form of sugar every 10 minutes just to concentrate. I had a sore throat constantly for more than 2 years. I suffered a lot from headaches, and had loads of days off. And my parents keep telling me it was nonsense. I volunteered to run the 800m for my form (like a tutorial group I suspect for some of you Americans) on sports day, since over the years I was the only one who would volunteer, and probably nearly ended up nearly killing me, as I just couldn't breathe, and my throat got even more painful as I tried to breathe, making me want to stop breathing. And yet no one helped me. I think I still came 3rd anyway... When I started college, my sore throat disappeared. And I was just in shock. For the first time in what felt like forever, I could feel what is was like to not have a sore throat. So over the last couple of years, my only exercise has been sprinting for the bus, dancing to LazyTown songs and doing pushups (and playing my viola because it's damn heavy).

And I still haven't worked out why I suddenly became ill, or what it was I had. Towards the end of the second year of these period, I eventually convinced my parents to let me see a Doctor (apparently seeing the Doctor means I won't get a job) and he said he wasn't sure what was going on, and just gave me antibiotics for my throat. They didn't work. It still hurt. So I never went back to him. He was a little useless I think.

P.S. Stingy, I would agree most of the time.

Comment

I have a friend who loves it, and a couple of friends who are interested but not really as much as me. But... well... it's really inspired me to eat more healthily, of course. You know the sound effect that junk food gets when it appears on Lazytown? It sounds so gross that I think of it every time I see fast food so I don't eat it any more at all. When I watch it I always feel like eating fruit as well. It's great!

But really I think Lazytown has inspired me more mentally than physically... it's kind of hard to explain and I'm tired right now. But it's given me dreams and made me want to hang on to them. For that I owe it a great deal.

Comment

Lazytown helped me ease my panic anxiety. and yes, being called pedo

Comment

In 2007, it had a huge impact. I was dancing all the time and eating a lot of sports candy.

But now, it's so hard to go back to those healthy habits. So I'm starting to push myself to try to get back on track and start engaging in healthier habits. I participate a lot more in gym class and I've been on a diet for a few weeks now, trying to lose a bit of weight and eat healthier so I can have more energy and feel better in general.

I do cheat sometimes, at special events. Like for my birthday dinner next month, we are going to a barbecue restaurant where everything is so far off the diet plan that I'll have to work off that meal for weeks. It's delicious though.

And as Magnus says, it's all about balance. You should eat healthy most of the time, but once in a while it's okay to splurge on something you really like.

Comment

My family thinks I'm a freak {for liking LT} and I have no real friends so thankfully I don't have to worry about name calling.
                  In the early days I was inspired to learn to do a split, which I achieved in something like 3 weeks, but I haven't practised since so I'll have to take it up again, I'd like a photo souvenir :)
                  Thanks to episodes like "Sports Candy Festival" I was inspired to try different fruits, you know, something other than Bananas and Apples. I tried Watermelon {awesome} dragonfruit {yuk} etc, I would never have thought of that if it wasn't for LazyTown.
                  Apparently, I enjoy dressing up! I have a pink wig and a god awful dress that will never see the light of day.
                  I'm now more open to listening to music from other countries {songs sung in a native language} and I've lost weight since the pilot episode, but that's down to other things.
                  LazyTown has definately changed my life though, I have no idea what I'd be doing now in an alternate reality.
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Well, my story is a little special, I was a healthy kid 0 to 7 years old, I ate a lot of sports-candy, I made a lot of exercise, in fact I didn´t like the candies, but when I was 8 years old I ate chocolat (and more things happened in those days) and then my life changed forever, I started to be lazy, I started to gain weigh, etc. and I forgot the most important thing I wished: learn stunts, I never learned it because I thought I wasn´t be able to do it so I forgot it, and years later I saw LazyTown at the first time and months later I started to remember my healthy childhood, and now I am more active, more in balance, and I came back to eat fruits and vegetables, fish, etc. (I always loved them, but well, like I said it changed), my family think I am a "baby" because I like it, but fortunately the children of my cousins love LazyTown so they support me (my cousins, I mean) , my friends... , well, only few know I love LazyTown and for them it´s OK, because they love other series from Disney so, hehe. Magnús changed my life forever because thanks to him I came back to the life that I never should leave: Healthy Live.

So, Magnús, if you see this someday, thank you very much for help us, and please, never change. You are our hero and we always will support you and to your great Team!

Greetings from all fans around the world!

Áfram Latibaer!

Comment

What I hate, is the fact some of my friends are like "You can't like that! It's a kids show!" and yet they love Spongebob Squarepants! I don't turn around to them and say "You can't like that! It's a kids show!"

Comment

(man some really good responses here, by the way)
                        I got fired from a retail job that pretty much required me sitting on my butt, and waiting for a customer that wouldn't come to buy anything all day. I ate macdonalds 5 times a week, and even though my gene pool prevents me from getting extremely over weight, i did gain alot, and i was tired all the time, and cranky.
                        I landed a new job that was actually physicaly demanding (not mentioning names) and i also joined a local gym that one of my old buddies managed at the time. Nearly at this same time i discovered an internet gif of Stephanie doing the cake song. I thought it was japanese at first(the gif was blurry ok, asian steph, etc), but later found it wasn't and i've been fascinated with it ever since. Long story short, i lost all that weight, put on a little muscle, and it was like sportacus and steph were motivating me in a weird way. It sounds dumb really, i know, and most of my friends dont really know the extent of just how much i liked lazytown. My life had become really drab and dark, and LT just kinda showed up at a time when life was getting better for me. And i never really thought of it til i saw this topic. (great idea)

Comment

Yeah, LT has a habit of showing up right when you need it to...

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                            What I hate, is the fact some of my friends are like "You can't like that! It's a kids show!" and yet they love Spongebob Squarepants! I don't turn around to them and say "You can't like that! It's a kids show!"
                            I know! There's nothing worse than an opinionated hypocrite.
                            I hate being judged, there should be no age limit on joy.
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I tried watching Dora but i dont like it.
                              Infact, I dont really like any kid shows that much.
                              At the end of the day though, Lazytown is like on a completely different level of quality from most shows.

Like the effort which goes into it is just amazing. It's kinda sad how people just realise how technically advanced the show is. And it really is just awesome to watch <_< That's why I like Lazytown, cause I appreciate quality shows, even if it is a kids show it's still better to watch than most things on TV.

/off topic but ahwell

Comment

Working...
                              X