LAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    17th September 2019
    Local Time
    03:09

Re: LazyTown Song Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Haha, Greek or not, I still hope my posts make just a tiny bit of sense to you. If not I can say it in this way: The way it's being sung is not how they would normally do it, but that's what makes it unique!
    Fox, I do have to thank you for your spiel on Time To Play. Made me realise that bass line really is genius. Naturally I had to show it to my bass guitar playing friend. He said "damn, have to learn that time to play bass line". Can't help but smile now when the bass plays the notes at the same time Stephanie sings the words "start the show".

just the fox SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    18:09

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
    Fox, I do have to thank you for your spiel on Time To Play. Made me realise that bass line really is genius.
    Oh wow, people actually read all the nonsense I spew out in my many rambles, that's awesome to know!
    I assume you meant my post in the topic "What is your favorite LazyTown song".
    It's no coincidence how it ranked, and probably still ranks, in my top 3 over the best LazyTown songs. I don't see that particular song being recognised too much between some of the more dedicated fans, so it's wonderful to finally find a person who shares the same appreciation towards this wonder of a song as I do.

I was surprised to find that the song was actually a tribute, by Mni, to the great 80s disco composer Dan Hartman.1
    When you listen to his song Instant Replay, you can definitely hear the resemblance.
    I'm a huge 80s fan myself, so maybe this is where my love for the song comes from.. Who knows.

The bass is great.
    It's actually one of the best, if not the best, bassline in all of the LazyTown songs. In my humble opinion of course..

What I haven't told is that I'm actually a drummer myself, and doesn't know too much about bass/guitar.
    But what not many people know, is that the bass player is always the drummers best friend.
    When we play in my band I rarely even listen to what the guitarists play. Heck, they could be playing "twinkle twinkle little star" and I wouldn't notice.
    But if the bass player makes just one mistake or, even better, a gimmick, my heart skips a beat, and I can't help but throw a joyous smile his way.
    That's why I find LazyTown songs with good basslines interesting. Not because I'll play them myself, but because I, as a drummer, am so dependent on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
    Naturally I had to show it to my bass guitar playing friend. He said "damn, have to learn that time to play bass line".
    That is absolutely awesome!
    If your friend actually learn to play this song, please get him to upload a video of it. I'll promise to watch it the first 100 times at least.

I actually went out of my way and created a small thing for you and your friend, and of course also for my own pleasure.
    We're so extremely lucky that Stingy made a MIDI version of the song in question.2
    I took the freedom to make a small video where the bass is isolated.

If your friend likes to learn by ear, that video should definitely come in handy.
    If he can read sheet music, here's the complete set for the bass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimeToPlayBass1.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	7155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimeToPlayBass2.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	7156
    Sorry if it's looking a bit messy. I just extracted the bassline and use an online converter to make the sheet music..

Anyways, with that being said, I'll just leave it here with some other worthy contestants for the Best-LazyTown-Basslines cup.

New Games Everyday has always been very dear to my heart as well.
    It has that same funky feel to it, which many musicians tend to like.

Princess for Eternity also falls into this group.
    It's heavily inspired by 70s Disco/Funk a la Chic style.
    Furthermore it's a Season 4 song, which is a rare sight in these sorts of threads..

1 - http://www.getlazy.net/wiki/index.ph...e=Time_to_Play
    2 - http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...-LazyTown-MIDI
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    17th September 2019
    Local Time

Oh wow, people actually read all the nonsense I spew out in my many rambles, that's awesome to know!
    I assume you meant my post in the topic "What is your favorite LazyTown song".
    It's no coincidence how it ranked, and probably still ranks, in my top 3 over the best LazyTown songs. I don't see that particular song being recognised too much between some of the more dedicated fans, so it's wonderful to finally find a person who shares the same appreciation towards this wonder of a song as I do.

I was surprised to find that the song was actually a tribute, by Mni, to the great 80s disco composer Dan Hartman.1
    When you listen to his song Instant Replay, you can definitely hear the resemblance.
    I'm a huge 80s fan myself, so maybe this is where my love for the song comes from.. Who knows.

The bass is great.
    It's actually one of the best, if not the best, bassline in all of the LazyTown songs. In my humble opinion of course..

What I haven't told is that I'm actually a drummer myself, and doesn't know too much about bass/guitar.
    But what not many people know, is that the bass player is always the drummers best friend.
    When we play in my band I rarely even listen to what the guitarists play. Heck, they could be playing "twinkle twinkle little star" and I wouldn't notice.
    But if the bass player makes just one mistake or, even better, a gimmick, my heart skips a beat, and I can't help but throw a joyous smile his way.
    That's why I find LazyTown songs with good basslines interesting. Not because I'll play them myself, but because I, as a drummer, am so dependent on these.

That is absolutely awesome!
    If your friend actually learn to play this song, please get him to upload a video of it. I'll promise to watch it the first 100 times at least.

I actually went out of my way and created a small thing for you and your friend, and of course also for my own pleasure.
    We're so extremely lucky that Stingy made a MIDI version of the song in question.2
    I took the freedom to make a small video where the bass is isolated.

If your friend likes to learn by ear, that video should definitely come in handy.

Sorry if it's looking a bit messy. I just extracted the bassline and use an online converter to make the sheet music..

Anyways, with that being said, I'll just leave it here with some other worthy contestants for the Best-LazyTown-Basslines™ cup.

New Games Everyday has always been very dear to my heart as well.
    It has that same funky feel to it, which many musicians tend to like.

Princess for Eternity also falls into this group.
    It's heavily inspired by 70s Disco/Funk a la Chic style.
    Furthermore it's a Season 4 song, which is a rare sight in these sorts of threads..

1 - http://www.getlazy.net/wiki/index.ph...e=Time_to_Play
    2 - http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...-LazyTown-MIDI
    Definitely a resemblance there with instant replay. I also sent my bass friend Stingy's MIDI and he says it may turn into a thing he works on when uni exams finish in June, so we'll see, but thanks for isolating the bass for us. I also told him about Princess for Eternity too. I think that bass line is more improvised though, and Robbie's rapping makes it more interesting, but still real funky.

My bass friend and I play in one of the bands at uni, where all instruments except strings are welcome; I play clarinet. We recently played We are number one at our concert just gone sort of as a joke. So my favourite songs tend to be the ones with prominent wind and brass like Man on a Mission and We are number one. Time to play and Princess for Eternity have some good horn lines too. I'm a bit of 60s fan so I really love The World goes Round and Round.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 7 - Lazy Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    12:09

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, though a quick search of the forum didn't return anything.

I was listening to some Eurovision Song Contest music, and recognized a voice in this song, Iceland's 2011 entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2l00PC0JA
    I assumed my lack of familiarity with many Icelandic singers had me making connections that weren't actually there, but as it turns out, one of the singers is indeed Matthias Matthiason, or Sportacus' singing voice. I've had it somewhat on repeat ever since. It's always nice to find a new song with any hint of Lazytown, regardless how vague.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by babytroll View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, though a quick search of the forum didn't return anything.

I was listening to some Eurovision Song Contest music, and recognized a voice in this song, Iceland's 2011 entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2l00PC0JA
    I assumed my lack of familiarity with many Icelandic singers had me making connections that weren't actually there, but as it turns out, one of the singers is indeed Matthias Matthiason, or Sportacus' singing voice. I've had it somewhat on repeat ever since. It's always nice to find a new song with any hint of Lazytown, regardless how vague.
    Oohh I have to listen to it!! I'm European so I've definitely heard it at some point … Let's see if I remember it … There is also Selma Bjrnsdottr (Solla/Stephanie in fram Latibr), but I don't really count her as much since she was never part of the actual show like he was. Anyway, after getting into LazyTown I'll definitely be more on the lookout for Iceland's entries in the future!! I sure hope Mni gets to compose a song for it sometime like Stefn suggested, that would be awesome since some of his works (Never Say Never for instance) remind me of ESC entries as it is. He has the chops for sure and it would be fun if Iceland won sometime, every other Nordic country has had their chance already!

The Prince LAZY MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    10:09

Iceland is great because instead of there being six degrees of separation between any given person and LazyTown, there's really only about one ;p
    Like Toy Soliders

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 7 - Lazy Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Wow! I had heard the Selma cover of Always a Way, and read she had also once represented Iceland in ESC, but didn't realize she was the original Latibaer Solla. Very interesting.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiejea View Post
    OMG I LOVE THIS SONG. It's really beautiful and such, I had it on repeat for like a month or two. I also enjoyed listening to this one by Matti as well.

I like it!!

Funny how I half expected him to look like Sportacus even though that would make zero sense …

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    17:09

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
    I like it!!
    Funny how I half expected him to look like Sportacus even though that would make zero sense …

HAHA, I hadn't seen this before and I had another tab open, so when it got to to the opera part I thought
    Damn, Matthias got range!
    Getur einhver annar veri Glanni ? a bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, a er enginn eins og !

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
    HAHA, I hadn't seen this before and I had another tab open, so when it got to to the opera part I thought
    Damn, Matthias got range!
    Oh my god. No, he is a great singer, but that would be almost too good to be true. xD

We need a new song where Sportacus sings opera, now!

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Preparing for trouble and making it double
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

When we play in a band. Does anyone know anywhere you can get the piano part that Pixel plays in that? Does it exist?
    σh, lfє? nσt α fαn. thє tutσrαl tσσk 18 чєαrs.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 2 - Rotten Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    10:09

Quote Originally Posted by RecipeForStephanie View Post
    When we play in a band. Does anyone know anywhere you can get the piano part that Pixel plays in that? Does it exist?
    I am not sure if it exists or not.

- - - Updated - - -

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    17th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan_Mario View Post
    I am not sure if it exists or not.

- - - Updated - - -
    Or you can sing the piano part when you cover the song. I'm sure that'll be just as good if not better.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by RecipeForStephanie View Post
    I think WWPIAB has an instrumental on the Season 2 CD
    Getur einhver annar veri Glanni ? a bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, a er enginn eins og !

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    17th September 2019
    Local Time

0:40-0:51.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    17th September 2019
    Local Time
    00:09

Tab plz.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

No favourite for me... They are all good in their own way. Most of the season 1 songs are nostalgic to me, so I guess those songs as a whole are my favourite

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    14:09

Could anyone tell me which are the most used instruments in the songs?

Der Postmeister SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 33 - New Superhero
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh Wayne III View Post
    Could anyone tell me which are the most used instruments in the songs?
    since every instruments were synthetically generated it has to be Mani's keyboard/soundmachine