Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthias Matthiason or Sportacus' singing voice

Re: LazyTown Song Discussions

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, though a quick search of the forum didn't return anything.

I was listening to some Eurovision Song Contest music, and recognized a voice in this song, Iceland's 2011 entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2l00PC0JA
    I assumed my lack of familiarity with many Icelandic singers had me making connections that weren't actually there, but as it turns out, one of the singers is indeed Matthias Matthiason, or Sportacus' singing voice. I've had it somewhat on repeat ever since. It's always nice to find a new song with any hint of Lazytown, regardless how vague.

Originally posted by babytroll View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, though a quick search of the forum didn't return anything.

I was listening to some Eurovision Song Contest music, and recognized a voice in this song, Iceland's 2011 entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2l00PC0JA
    I assumed my lack of familiarity with many Icelandic singers had me making connections that weren't actually there, but as it turns out, one of the singers is indeed Matthias Matthiason, or Sportacus' singing voice. I've had it somewhat on repeat ever since. It's always nice to find a new song with any hint of Lazytown, regardless how vague.
    Oohh I have to listen to it!! I'm European so I've definitely heard it at some point … Let's see if I remember it … There is also Selma Björnsdottír (Solla/Stephanie in Áfram Latibær), but I don't really count her as much since she was never part of the actual show like he was. Anyway, after getting into LazyTown I'll definitely be more on the lookout for Iceland's entries in the future!! I sure hope Máni gets to compose a song for it sometime like Stefán suggested, that would be awesome since some of his works (Never Say Never for instance) remind me of ESC entries as it is. He has the chops for sure and it would be fun if Iceland won sometime, every other Nordic country has had their chance already!

Comment

Iceland is great because instead of there being six degrees of separation between any given person and LazyTown, there's really only about one ;p

Comment

Wow! I had heard the Selma cover of Always a Way, and read she had also once represented Iceland in ESC, but didn't realize she was the original Latibaer Solla. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
          OMG I LOVE THIS SONG. It's really beautiful and such, I had it on repeat for like a month or two. I also enjoyed listening to this one by Matti as well.

I like it!!

Funny how I half expected him to look like Sportacus even though that would make zero sense …

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
            I like it!!
            Funny how I half expected him to look like Sportacus even though that would make zero sense …

HAHA, I hadn't seen this before and I had another tab open, so when it got to to the opera part I thought
            Damn, Matthias got range!
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
              HAHA, I hadn't seen this before and I had another tab open, so when it got to to the opera part I thought
              Damn, Matthias got range!
              Oh my god. No, he is a great singer, but that would be almost too good to be true. xD

We need a new song where Sportacus sings opera, now!

Comment

Working...
              X