This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lazytownpoint.com

Why is this most pathetic. Anyone can post their thoughts within the rules of this board. I don't see why there's a problem with promotion of websites or fansites.
    Maybe I missed something..
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
      This is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen
      'Scuse me, Fox, but what is 'pathetic' about saving the precious LTP Puppeteer Interviews?

Such as the Gudmundur Thor Interview ~~> http://www.lazytownpoint.com/GThorInt08.html

and the David Matthew Feldman Interview ~~> http://www.lazytownpoint.com/DavidInt07.html

Not to mention the LTP Commentaries featuring Ken Pontac, Magnus Scheving, Stefan Karl, Sarah Burgess, and Mark Valenti (+ his 'Footnotes') ~~> http://www.lazytownpoint.com/Comment.html

Pathetic indeed, if they were to be lost forever...
      Donate today to be sure that LazyTownPoint.com stays online and helps to keep the Spirit of LazyTown Alive!

Comment

Thank you for your support, PurpleDove and LazyPooky!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleDove View Post
          'Scuse me, Fox, but what is 'pathetic' about saving the precious LTP Puppeteer Interviews?

Such as the Gudmundur Thor Interview ~~> http://www.lazytownpoint.com/GThorInt08.html

and the David Matthew Feldman Interview ~~> http://www.lazytownpoint.com/DavidInt07.html

Not to mention the LTP Commentaries featuring Ken Pontac, Magnus Scheving, Stefan Karl, Sarah Burgess, and Mark Valenti (+ his 'Footnotes') ~~> http://www.lazytownpoint.com/Comment.html

Pathetic indeed, if they were to be lost forever...
          Donate today to be sure that LazyTownPoint.com stays online and helps to keep the Spirit of LazyTown Alive! ~~> http://www.gofundme.com/save-lazytown-point
          Don't get me wrong, PurpleDove.

But even as I watched your "Can You Save LazyTown Point?" video, I still feel like you could have given better reasoning as to why people should donate to the site. Yes, there is some content that is exclusive to the site, like the puppeteer interviews. However, if you're asking people for money, the reasoning you gave in the video doesn't really give any appeal to the people donating. Yes, it's perfectly fair to say "if you donate to this site, fans in less-developed countries will be able to enjoy this site for years to come". However, the ethical approach you're using typically doesn't work in this case. I think you could still use this as persuasive reasoning, but maybe as a secondary argument.

For example, if you had maybe given some incentives to donate (i.e. we're going to revamp the site and add tons of new content), then maybe you wouldn't have people ridiculing your site or being skeptical the way some people have already done. I have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical as well.

No, I'm not trying to start an argument here with you and I certainly do not wish ill will upon your site and do enjoy the look of it and the information on there. But frankly, I don't feel like you're going to reach your donation goal with your current reasoning. Nah you don't have to listen to a word I say and ignore me or block me, but I'm not typing out this long-winded response to be malicious or to start some sort of flame-war. And if it does offend you or anyone else, I apologize wholeheartedly and certainly did not mean to.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchi View Post

For example, if you had maybe given some incentives to donate (i.e. we're going to revamp the site and add tons of new content).
            ~~~~> http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post90997

Comment

• Re: LazyTownPoint

What is the timeline for the funding? As in, how soon do you need the donations and at what point will the site go offline if the funding is not met?

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that the answer is May 2017. Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                What is the timeline for the funding? As in, how soon do you need the donations and at what point will the site go offline if the funding is not met?

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that the answer is May 2017. Derp.
                Yes, the deadline is in May, but if the goal is reached before that, then there's no problem. The site will definitely stay up -- with updates & extras! ;)

Comment

Yes, I saw this post prior to writing my big spiel. I should have mentioned that, sorry ;^^

Comment

Originally posted by Patchi View Post
                    Yes, I saw this post prior to writing my big spiel. I should have mentioned that, sorry ;^^
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamtaro.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	149587

Comment

For some reason I just now realized that this thread already existed before I found Lazytownpoint.com. My bad...:icon_lol:

I'm new to this forum and I thought I created a new thread about Lazytownpoint.com, but I guess my post found its way on here. I guess I have a lot to learn about forums. :xd:

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6875[/ATTACH]
                        When you click on the attachment you see this message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

And I think what Patchi means is in the video you should have given more motive as to why people should donate. Cause I recently went through the site. Though it does have a lot of good exclusive stuff to it. I honestly thought the site was abandoned Since the site has not been updated since I believe 2013 and It just seems like a frozen Time Capsule as to what LT was like before Seasons 3 and 4.

Comment

It wasn't attached properly to a post. The board automatically deletes free attachments like those, so that's the reason. It has to be uploaded again in the post in editing mode by the user.
                          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Here's the corrected attachment:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamtaro.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	149588

As to your 'incentive' question, megadjmatt25 ~~~> http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post90997

Comment

As to your 'incentive' question, megadjmatt25 ~~~> http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post90997
                              I get it but in you're video you do not really give people motives as to why they should donate. If it was GetLazy asking for donations people would see a reason to do so since the site has many active members,is still up to date plus a few other reasons. LTP to many will just seem like a frozen time capsule that a lot of people will wonder why they should even bother on helping to save it. If anything people will see the exclusive stuff LTP has and will just save it for themselves to keep as documentation and possibly post else where for others to see if the site goes down. While hopefully giving the credit to the right people and sources. Not trying to be mean just pointing out that you're video could have had better motives and not have the comments section and likes and dislikes disabled. That is usually a big turn off for people

Comment

A lot of things have been said here, and if you like it or not, it's anyone's right to set up a fundraising page, with or without any good reasons. Working on a website takes a lot of time and energy, don't forget that, especially when you do that alone and when you're not a digi-nerd as some people on this board. That can be a good reason for asking some support, wether it's advise or money to hire someone to do the work for you.

I put up a link on top of the forumboard to the fansite and fundraising page. We will see how it gets. I hope you guys all calm down a bit and just support everyone that spread the LazyTown word in different ways. We are a nice community.

Comment

Working...
                                X