Rules for morality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for morality

I was reading the offtopics about the straight edge subculture, and I got to thinking about something that always leaves me with questiones: does humanity need certain rules not to **** itself up?

Some say state laws, and/or religious laws, and even old-fashionned morality should dissapear, cause people would still treat each other right, while being free to do what they want.

I'm just curious what others think....and also, if you would have had no rules, no suppervision as a baby, would the role model of your family be enough to make you think about others besides you?

Re: Rules for morality

I pretty much ignore all laws and I'm a fairly well rounded individual you can make all the laws you want people are going to be what they are.
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Laws... Inside you...
      Rules - outside...

Use your brain, simply and great.

Comment

Anarchist here

Yeah I think its obvious that if you treat people like shit they'll do the same back, so being nice is also in our self interest.

As long as parents continue to give a shit about their kid's growth society should be fine.

When I was in school (later years) I took pride in the number of school rules I had broken. No rules = No pride in being "bad"

Comment

Originally posted by pyrophilia
          Anarchist here

Yeah I think its obvious that if you treat people like shit they'll do the same back, so being nice is also in our self interest.

As long as parents continue to give a shit about their kid's growth society should be fine.

When I was in school (later years) I took pride in the number of school rules I had broken. No rules = No pride in being "bad"
          I can't agree with what you said about parrents, they should take care of they'r kids and teach them certain things.
          Back in school, I probably would have continued to bee the dork I was when I was 11-12. But since I had some ****ed up, dictator teachers, I became rebelious to they'r demands.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
            I can't agree with what you said about parrents, they should take care of they'r kids and teach them certain things.
            No no, you misunderstand - I say parents SHOULD take care about their children's upbringing. I say the responsibility to create a good person is up to the parents and not the government.

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
            Back in school, I probably would have continued to bee the dork I was when I was 11-12. But since I had some ****ed up, dictator teachers, I became rebelious to they'r demands.
            Lol exactly man. That's human psychology for you - I wonder when the government are going to accept that.

Comment

Working...
            X