Afram Latibaer and Glanni Glaepur DL Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afram Latibaer and Glanni Glaepur DL Links

Actually, true. It might not be quite as perfect and would be even more work, but if we had the script we could try to do it ourselves... I'd be willing to do that. I wonder how we could obtain the script...?

Comment

Originally posted by It's me again
      Maybe we should ask the author & Co?

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
        Originally posted by It's me again
        Maybe we should ask the author & Co?
        I'm not very confident in that idea, but there's no harm in trying I suppose...

Comment

A lot of the stuff I learned about adding subtitles I learned the hard way! There was a very small description about making a fansub I read a long time ago. That helped a bit in seeing how hard it can be which allowed me to try and figure out ways to make the job of the translator easier. To gain a little perspective on transcribing a script, I did a few closed captioning projects in English; you can see one or two at my YouTube channel :) Sometimes easy, and sometimes maddening since sometimes multiple people talk at the same time. I should have taken a "How to make closed captioning" class or something. :)

I still have a lot to learn about being in or making a fansub group though. From what I've seen, it can be pretty difficult. Paying a translator sounds like a good option. It might help reduce the chance of a translator disappearing one day. I wonder how expensive it would be to do the play though. I hear of payments being done based on how many words are translated. Since they're being paid, they might also help with editing, or doing the editing themselves. :)

Speaking of fansub groups again, another thing I heard about was that the members of the group should be familiar with any programs used for the subbing. Just familiar, not any extensive knowledge like the subber does. Probably just information about where the subtitle line can be edited, where the timings are, and how to get to a certain line. Stuff like that. So for anyone interested, I tend to use two programs for subtitling: SubCreator and Aegisub. Encoding is another matter, but I can handle that part. :) Anyway, I use SubCreator to make the initial timing/script, if the script is available. SubCreator makes that easier since you can pretty do everything from the keyboard. After that, I export the script from SubCreator and put it in Aegisub. From there, I tweak the times, change the font, and add other stuff.

Comment

Yikes, I finally got around to downloading (my family also download from Megaupload) the encodes by Rowan, and the aspect ratio is correct! That'll learn me to download instead of just basing my conclusions based on screenshots! Sorry for the mistake, Rowan. :( Onto to some proper conclusions, the video quality is pretty good for 700MB from what I saw. Fast motion scenes had some compression artifacts, but XviD and other codecs always do that since you usually only see it if you're looking for it. These encodes are a dramatic improvement over the older encodes. It could just be me, but the coloring looks pretty good too. I'm also surprised Megaupload allowed the Icelandic letterings. Normally, I would have expected something like this when downloading: _fram Latib__r.avi

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
              Yikes, I finally got around to downloading (my family also download from Megaupload) the encodes by Rowan, and the aspect ratio is correct! That'll learn me to download instead of just basing my conclusions based on screenshots! Sorry for the mistake, Rowan. :( Onto to some proper conclusions, the video quality is pretty good for 700MB from what I saw. Fast motion scenes had some compression artifacts, but XviD and other codecs always do that since you usually only see it if you're looking for it. These encodes are a dramatic improvement over the older encodes. It could just be me, but the coloring looks pretty good too. I'm also surprised Megaupload allowed the Icelandic letterings. Normally, I would have expected something like this when downloading: _fram Latib__r.avi
              Hahah, I'm glad to know it was a success. I'm surprised about the letters too actually since I've seen that happen before.

Comment

Rowan: I just remembered to ask about the LazyTown plays on DVD. Do they happen to have any Icelandic subtitles? Would be pretty cool if they did, but they most likely don't have any.

Comment

Rowan: I just remembered to ask about the LazyTown plays on DVD. Do they happen to have any Icelandic subtitles? Would be pretty cool if they did, but they most likely don't have any.
                  Now that would be so nice but I guess not. It takes ages to translate all with the speed right now, we're depending on one icelandic person, or actually two but I didn't hear from him these last days. I asked around at LazyTown Entertainment but no one has ever seen the transcripts of the plays, they will ask around, but that was a full month ago.. :( Icelandic are cool people but if you want them to do something for you, you need to have a lot of patience.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Yeah, there aren't any subtitles on it sadly. It's a pretty weird DVD to be honest, it has three seemingly random songs from the TV show in English on it as extras.

Comment

Too bad about the subtitles. It was a long shot. Funny about those random English songs.

That's pretty cool about those folks who are going to help with the translation. Another plan I came up with recently was to just make the Icelandic transcript from the plays. We could get someone familiar with the Icelandic language to that. This could make translating a little easier, and it will make timing the subs a whole lot easier. I can mostly read Icelandic, and using the transcript I could listen and make the proper timing. Timing can be a tough one. Another bonus would be to make an Icelandic subtitle file available too. DVD or otherwise, I have experience with both methods. :)

Comment

I don't know who they are, but what about the person who has roughly translated the first two parts of Glanni Glæpur on youtube?

Comment

I could ask him, I'll have to give that a try later. And two?! I only saw one last time I checked.

Just checked and there's the second one starring me in my face. How did I miss that one? Thanks! I still only edited the first few lines of the first one! I need to plan my time better. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan
                            I don't know who they are, but what about the person who has roughly translated the first two parts of Glanni Glæpur on youtube?
                            That's what I'm talking about. My friend Charly and Hrafnhildur translated the first two parts. The speed depends on how fast Hrafnhildur is, and I can tell you that's not fast. She roughly translate it to english, Charly correct every line and put it in the description.
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                              That's what I'm talking about. My friend Charly and Hrafnhildur translated the first two parts. The speed depends on how fast Hrafnhildur is, and I can tell you that's not fast. She roughly translate it to english, Charly correct every line and put it in the description.
                              So that's who they are! Awesome! Would they happen to be interested in doing a transcription? However, if they're already translating the plays, then getting a transcript down should be a low priority.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                                So that's who they are! Awesome! Would they happen to be interested in doing a transcription? However, if they're already translating the plays, then getting a transcript down should be a low priority.
                                Hmm don't know, first see where this ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X