Afram Latibaer & Glanni Glaepur Stage Show
    Includes english subtitles

https://mega.nz/#F!o41ClBQZ!9Q2IBXQHvFz8F3dqDUKgbQ

Afram Latibaer [by shinju-chan]
    [Small Version, no big version yet]

Glanni Glaepur Stage Show [by uauauaua, or Rowan]
    [Big version, but incorrect aspect ratio]

Source: ... 04542.html[/url] [members-only link]
    *When playing back on a media player change the view to 4:3 [I was wrong about this one]

EDIT: These have no English subtitles!
    EDIT 2: The encodes by Rowan are at the proper aspect ratio, I was wrong!
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Afram Latibaer and Glanni Glaepur DL Links

Hey guys, it's me, I'm back, etc!

I'm the person who uploaded the second link, and here's my rip of the first play: http://www.**************/?d=6TVVWV3T

If only I could have subtitled them...

Comment

Do not understand, cool video, thanks, but impossible to... :(

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan
        I'm the person who uploaded the second link, and here's my rip of the first play: http://www.**************/?d=6TVVWV3T
        Welcome back!
        I downloaded via your link but I only got audio, did I do it wrong?
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Do you have correct codec-s?

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
            Do you have correct codec-s?
            This

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yeah, it should work perfectly fine - video/audio, although if there are problems with the aspect ratio I apologise because it was my first time ripping and converting DVDs.

Comment

Thanks for uploading these! I never got around to downloading these before! XD We sooooo need to get this subbed, or partially subbed at least. >_< can we just talk to some icelandic speakers on youtube or something....

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                    Welcome back!
                    I downloaded via your link but I only got audio, did I do it wrong?
                    Speaking of codecs, the easy solution is to install and use VLC Media Player. It has all the codecs inside of it already. Another thing to check out is the file size, make sure the file you have on your hard drive is the same file size as the one at the Megaupload link.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yeah, it should work perfectly fine - video/audio, although if there are problems with the aspect ratio I apologise because it was my first time ripping and converting DVDs.
                    Welcome back! I heard you were on a hiatus from Stingy. Thanks for the first play, I was wondering where it was. Although it was your first time encoding a DVD, it wasn't too bad. The first encodes of these plays were not as good as yours, but that's ok too, it was their first time doing it too. Heck, my first time encoding a video was something I would consider blasphemous today. I encoded a WMV file into an XviD AVI file! I only do that today when applying subtitles, and for nothing else.

If you have any future plans in encoding, maybe I can help. An easy-to-use program called AutoGK can make things much more easier. There's a guide for it at doom9. If you want to advance your knowledge, the other guides at doom9 should be able to help or I can give you a few tips even though I'm nowhere near as good as the folks in the doom9 forums. :)

As for Icelandic speakers doing translations, it can be hard work on the translator. I'll give a quick example of what a translator and I did to sub a video:

1) Translate Icelandic into English, this depends on their English level
                    2) If I didn't prepare a timeline, I would have to go back and ask/show when certains words should show up. I think this is called timesetting. However, to get a proper timeline setup I would have to know enough Icelandic to know when to place certain subs.

An example of giving more stress to the translator is if I were to ask them to watch the entire video and to take note of where I got it wrong. This depends on the translator's mood. If the video clip is long, then that can get annoying. What I try to do to lessen the stress is to go through it myself and take notes of what I want the translator to keep an eye out for. Personally, I would love to have other people somewhat familiar with Icelandic at this part. I think this is the quality assurance part of subbing.
                    3) The translator will also have to deal with me as I edit the script. I'm not exactly good at making a sentence smaller while still keeping the same meaning. Alongside that, I also have to ask the translator if the edited sentence has kept their meaning. The editing part of subbing depends greatly on their English and mine. Imagine having to do 100 lines of dialogue. That's like me saying, "does this line sound right?", 100 times to you. Personally, I would love to have an editor here.

The rest of the steps are just me getting the styles and notes, if any, right. Then off to encoding. The translator has to be on-call a lot. A potential solution for that is to work on a schedule since we can plan editing and timesetting sessions. Another key is to get someone who really loves to translate and wants to see their translations out there. Without that love, they will have almost no motivation to help you. There's also the problem someone wanting to help without realizing how much time they will be losing. So if you do want to ask someone to translate something, see if they have previous experience. If not, give a quick rundown of what might happen in the whole translating/subtitling situation. Oddly enough, I usually feel guilty about asking anyone to do translation since I know what might happen. I have to take my own advice to ask more questions and tell them what might happen. =P

That being said, I kind of still like subtitling despite all the hoopla. There's something about putting out a video that has never been translated or subtitled that makes you feel great. It's probably the same feeling you guys get when you create something like a fanvid, artwork, and pretty much anything that can be created. :)

Comment

I mostly had a bit of trouble because I tried following a tutorial to rip/encode it which involved Auto GK, but for some reason it kept going wrong and I ended up having to do it rather laboriously because I couldn't find anyone to ask for help... Thanks for your tips, that site's a lot more helpful than the one I was looking at.

What you say about translating is very interesting. It would definitely be a lot of work, but if you did get as far as getting a native speaker to translate most of it, I'd gladly help with editing! It is indeed very difficult to be concise enough whilst still keeping the same meaning but I'm pretty good with English so I wouldn't mind checking that sort of thing. I don't think I'd be very good at the other parts anyway, I've never tried to make subtitles before and it sounds like you're very knowledgable.

I'm quite excited by the idea though, there is definitely something very satisfying about working hard on any kind of fan work. I'd love to put in the effort.

Comment

At least, need a speaker of Icelandic, who can write/type all this words to a simply text.
                        To translate text we have translators like a google or something else - I know it's sometimes not correct, or silly or wrong, BUT! It's fast.

Also, we have translated songs - part of it, thanks to GoggiMega! ;)

Comment

All I know, is that I probably wouldn't translate something as big as a play for free.
                          When I got the guy to translate all the songs for me, I payed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                            All I know, is that I probably wouldn't translate something as big as a play for free.
                            When I got the guy to translate all the songs for me, I payed him.
                            Yeah, this kind of sucks. Because personally, I would do that, if I was on the other end of this situation - if I loved something enough I'd be perfectly willing to translate it from English (hypothetical because I don't know any other languages well enough to translate properly but whatever). But I don't think most Icelanders care. After all, they can watch and understand it perfectly fine, why would they put in all that time and effort to translate hours worth of play footage for a tiny fanbase of English-speaking LT fans, for free?

Comment

Rowan, who knows? Bot if you do not try...
                              And maybe somebody want to help... Anybody...

All we need is text. From anywhere :) Maybe we should ask the author & Co?

Comment

Working...
                              X