First Official Lazy Idol Competition!!! [POSTPONED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Official Lazy Idol Competition!!! [POSTPONED]

I move that we have a Lazy Idol competition. Kind of like "American Idol" but for GetLazy. Zokita inspired me :3

Here are the Lazy Idol Official Rules, which may be subject to additional changes before the competition, so keep your eyes open for updates:

1. Contest is open to all GL members.

2. All songs, be they LazyTown, Latibær, or any other song are fair game, so long as it's not explicit or offensive. (For example, you could sing anything from "Step by Step" to Regina Spektor's song "Laughing With").

3. These songs are to be recorded and posted on YouTube (along with your background/video clip of choice) in response to the video posted below.

4. You MUST include your username at the beginning and end of each video and also put your GL avatar in there somewhere.

5. No videos can be posted before we officially begin (this means pre-existing vids are not acceptable) or after the official deadline each week. Anyone who misses the weekly deadline may be subject to disqualification, depending on each individual case.

6. You must post your YT name here so you can be added to the list of competitors.

7. No one can join after the contest officially begins.

8. Non-competitors on GL can vote for the winners from week to week, eliminating the lowest-rated video. The videos do not necessarily have to be rated on YT, as people will attempt to bring in non-GL people to win their favor, which is not allowed. They will instead be scored here.

9. Only one song and one video is allowed per competitor, per week.

10. No additional accounts may be created to try to enter this contest twice. I trust everyone here to be honest.

11. Each week, the users with the most popular performances will move on to the next round, and the user with the least popular performance will be eliminated.

12. Be honest--it has to be you who is singing and posting the video, not someone else.

13. Don't forget to have fun with it!!

[youtube]ze3h1sy8TNs[/youtube]

Here is the list of participants so far:

Lily_Kaelar straitjacket1

Zokita bluezoki

Glanni's Girl MakeLAUGHnotWAR

The Lazy Genie AntonyBlalock

Anyone else interested?

[EDIT: CURRENTLY PUT OFF UNTIL WE HAVE MICS]

Re: First Official Lazy Idol Competition!!!

straitjacket1 is my YT username. I want to compete!

Comment

*is largely ignored by most of the members*

Ehhh can't blame you, I was asleep when I wrote this. Even Zokita probably looked at it and rolled her eyes. I know 'cuz I saw her come in last night, saw the views change, and saw her go offline. Wasn't stalking--was just incredibly bored and was waiting for a reply.

I ended up falling asleep with the lights, computer, and TV (its also my monitor) on. Go me, president of the environmental club!

Anyway yeah, would love to get some replies here--don't leave me hanging! I'm going to buy myself a new headset or mic for the occasion!!

Comment

No, no! I only left because it was my bedtime and the bedtime police came breathing down my neck. They tend to do that at the worst times. :(

I'd totally be in on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
          No, no! I only left because it was my bedtime and the bedtime police came breathing down my neck. They tend to do that at the worst times. :(

I'd totally be in on it!
          Post your YT then ;3

And lol yeah, I hope Lolli wasn't too harsh on you for staying up...

I look forward to competing against you ;3

Comment

Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
              Wow! Do I have the guts............
              Yes you do, we believe! *enables shamelessly*

Anyway, my YouTube is bluezoki. Haven't done much there yet!

...and I'm not entirely ready for the contest. I still need a mic and something to edit with, since I don't have the video editing software to make an audio recording and cleanly splice it into a video.

Comment

I think you do!!!

Comment

And okies, how much time do you need? Friday isn't enough, is it...?

I need to buy a new mic too. You could feasibly just make a video if you wanted to ;P

I use Audacity for my editing. It's not terribly difficult or fancy but it does the job.

Comment

Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Being in choir means I can control my voice a little better, but I don't have the voice for LT songs as much anymore...3 years has made my voice different and less suitable for children's songs.

I may push back the competition start date if we can't get our mics in time... >.<

Anyway, got to go do English work... >>;

Comment

Sorry, but not for me.

Comment

That's okay, maybe next time! (Summer)

You can vote though ;3

Comment

My singing is AWFUL and I don't have a good microphone, so I'm afraid I couldn't compete... D:

Comment

Aww maybe next time!

I'm probably going to push back the date so people who want to compete can get their mics.

Anyone else need more time? If so, I'm only pushing it back another week or so. You can also use a camcorder/camera or whatever to record yourself, and then edit out the video if you want and put a slideshow or something there instead...

And most console-based mics can hook up to your PC, too...so you can use those.

I just had a huge argument with my mom about getting a mic because she thinks I'll use it for Ventrilo, lock myself in my room, and never come out because that will be my social life...

Lame. Totally not doing that anymore, I'm through with that chapter of my life. I have tons of irl friends I hang out with, and I chucked all of my internet social life out the window on purpose except for GL and Facebook. I barely play games anymore, either.

I have too much going on irl to become a shut-in. I have a whole CLUB to run, for Pete's sake...and Green Week is coming, and fundraising after school is very time-consuming and stressful. These girls are very hungry for nachos...

Anyway, contest postponed for a bit. I'll try to get a mic.

Comment

Working...
                              X