Need Help Ripping Flash Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Ripping Flash Video

Hey, I need help ripping a flash video off a website, trust me it's not your usual simple flash video, this one is embedded really weird. Anyways if anyone want's to give it a shot its here and it's the 02 23 video. Thanks

Re: Need Help Ripping Flash Video

Can think of screen recording: http://tinyurl.com/pbuv2x
    It will take you some time.

Should look much like this
    http://www.youshare.com/Guest/438b058b40c6a758.mp4.html

Comment

Interesting, definite loss of quality but might be a possibility, thanks! But I know there is someone here who can pull this shit NINDAN where are you!!!!!!

Comment

Howdy! There are actually two kinds of flash video, the streaming kind and the normal kind. YouTube is the normal kind since it actually downloads to your hard drive. Streaming is where you have to have a constant connection to the website. Streaming does not download to your hard drive since the website actually sends you the video/audio data packet-by-packet.

There are more variations to this, like DRM or normal flash video with streaming ability, but I'll only get into that if someone asks about it.

A quick look at the website given by ooozmin shows that this is streaming flash. Jaksta should be able to get it. Another hint for streaming flash is the stream will request access to port 1935. If it doesn't get that port, it'll request for two more ports. I forget one, but the other one is port 80. I'll try to find the 2 23 video, since the initial looking showed it wasn't there anymore.

The screen recorder option given by bungie is good for DRM protected streaming media, like those found at MTV. However, this should be a last resort since screen recording can be a memory hogger and there's the quality issue.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, what is the news item about? Since if I know the content of the news item I'll know what to look for.

Comment

Thanks a whole lot nindan but the video is long gone from the website!!! My sister was featured in one of their stories so she wanted it saved for the future, good thing she got it on tape ;) thanks a whole lot though man

Comment

Sorry I didn't notice this topic sooner. :(

Good thing your sister was able to record it. :)

Comment

It's all good nindan! Thanks anyways!!

Comment

Working...
              X