No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Originally posted by GoggiMega
    For Jocund.

*sighs* Youtube has been giving me hella problems- can someone tell me if you can see this video or not? I was getting a black screen but it seems to be working. Also, the soundtrack is about twice as long as this. If anyone's interested I'll try making that with aegisub.
    [youtube]hQPH_Tm5TCQ[/youtube]

?Do you see elves sitting and doing nothing?
    Looking bitter and thinking life so sorry
    ?
    No, since there are many elves
    someone is always on the move.
    We´re always at full speed.
    ?We are just designed like that.

And I am the Sports Elf
    ?A model elf myself.
    Yes, I am the Sports Elf
    You won´t find a more agile elf
    Some people rate this... FIIIIIIIVE!

Oh dude, the old Maggicus...

I think 0:03 was the bit where he hurt himself once. He can hardly sing either- it's obvious he's miming. The tonal quality is... odd.

Comment

I'm definitely glad people can see it, I figured you could but it's hard to tell with youtube. And I am really sick of the trouble youtube is giving me. Feckin youtube...

Comment

Good video, but small (I got it!)

Who is that so big man?

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
          Who is that so big man?
          The mayor.

Comment

YouTube gave me some interesting trouble a few weeks ago, but it was the copyright kind of trouble.
            Originally posted by GoggiMega
            Blargh- youtube is giving me tons of trouble or I'd have Jólin Koma up... Bad youtube! *smacks*

What is Aegisub? I've been using the movie editor which comes iwth the comp- which admittedly isn't awesome. I'll definitely give the Aegis a try, it sounds better. :)
            Aegisub is a powerful, but difficult-to-learn program that will let you create a subtitle file for a video. While looking for guides I could link to I noticed that they updated the program! I'll play around with the new Aegisub to see what's new, and to see if there's an easy way to learn the basics of the program. Hopefully, there's a guide out there somewhere for that. :) I'll come back and post about it when I figure it out.

Comment

I put together a playlist with all of them in case that's easier for anybody than having to browse through them in my videos- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IZcl5uD ... playnext=1
              It's not in a decent order, but I separated the plays (Afram, Glanni, & Jol).

Comment

the old lazytown serie is boring

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmuscles
                  BLASS-PHEE_MER!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmuscles
                    Most of the songs in the new lazytown are just remastered from the old plays

Comment

Any icelandic transcripts out there of these stageplays? I remember nice DVD rips of them once posted here or at the LJ forum or some place.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
                        Any icelandic transcripts out there of these stageplays?
                        Not that I know of. A real shame :(

Comment

Wish someone could get me the plays with english subs...

If anyone has the plays (subbed or not, idc) I'd like the files...

Comment

I've been meaning to get those better DVDrips that were posted at LJ. If someone does get a translation for the plays, I'll try to help with creating the subs. I'll also end up buying those DVDs too, just so I can go crazy with the video quality.

Anyhoo, about Aegisub, I finally played around with it some more and it can be quite difficult to learn. I saw a few tutorial videos for adding subs with iMovie and they're way easier. iMovie subs also don't need as many steps as Aegisub. I know how to work with the Windows version of Aegisub, but I don't know how it would work with the Mac version. Mainly because Aegisub uses a Windows only program as part of its arsenal.

People have made some tutorial videos for Aegisub, but I'll look through a few to find out which ones actually represent how Aegisub works. I'll post those for anyone interested. :)

EDIT: Nevermind about the DVDrips, it's just DVDrip. The better version of Glanni Glaepur was linked to at the LJ community. I would post the username here, but it's a hidden post for members of the community only. Afram Latibaer was posted in this forum too, but in the media section. I'll probably make a topic in the media section later. Got some stuff to do first.

All this talk of DVDs have given me a sudden urge to buy the DVDs myself and to make even better encodes. :)

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                              I'll probably make a topic in the media section later. Got some stuff to do first.

All this talk of DVDs have given me a sudden urge to buy the DVDs myself and to make even better encodes. :)
                              Please do...*puppy dog eyes*

If I have to wait any longer for someone to translate, I'll probably end up learning the whole language and doing the translations myself lol.

If someone can get me Icelandic subs, I could feasibly try it myself.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpl_QDMJM1k
                                This video has the tranlsation in the description.

Comment

Working...
                                X