No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Originally posted by jamcub View Post
    Is there any effort to have a HD release of the first play with hardcoded subs? I asked on the youtube channel, and they asked for me to ask here. If an HD file is needed, I own the DVD set so I can provide!
    Well, an HD release isn't going to happen seeing as the play wasn't shot in HD. The best definition is going to be what came off of the DVDs.
    However, hardcoding the subs is possible. I was recommended a program called Handbrake by LazyPooky, and recently used it to hardcode some subs in a video, so I would also recommend the program as it worked well. The subtitle file for the play can be found here. This file can be opened in a program called Aegisub and can then be exported to the desired format and pushed through Handbrake.

P.S. Your avatar looks cute, is there a full picture of that image?

Comment

I have here the corrected subtitle files, ready to create a video with hardcoded subtitles of the both plays with software like Handbrake (see post above). Corrected in the way that the subtitles now have a maximum length and, added to a video, always show up in one or two lines.

Áfram Latibaer [srt] - for hardcoding.zip

Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ [srt] - for hardcoding.zip

Handbrake settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	handbrake_vid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	149612 Click image for larger version

Name:	handbrake_subs.jpg
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	149613
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        Hi, welcome to the GL forums. Áfram Latibaer is already translated in English for a while now (and almost in German.. don't know ).
        I know there's a youtube sub version. I was talking about a hardcoded one, since I can't seem to find one on the channel! For the German translation, I can make an effort to work through the plays and provide a text file for a subtitle file, if there is interest and whoever was working on it hasn't completed it. (I don't know, I frankly suck at usingforums effectively.)

Comment

Originally posted by jamcub View Post
          I know there's a youtube sub version. I was talking about a hardcoded one, since I can't seem to find one on the channel! For the German translation, I can make an effort to work through the plays and provide a text file for a subtitle file, if there is interest and whoever was working on it hasn't completed it. (I don't know, I frankly suck at usingforums effectively.)
          I'm curious, why are you specifically looking for hardcoded subs? They aren't my preferred method due to them obviously being very static. If you needed to make a small alteration to them, even to fix a teeny tiny grammatical error, you would have to render a whole new video, and that really turns me off to the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            P.S. Your avatar looks cute, is there a full picture of that image?
            Quick helping message, because I think the art is amazing as well...

Name:	tumblr_ol48j2ySrm1qkmcw6o1_1280.png
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	149609

More Afram Latibær drawings like this (made by Jam??):
            https://www.tumblr.com/search/afr%C3%A1m%20latib%C3%A6r

Tumblr is something I have never dared to dive deep into, but with these artists out there, it almost seems like it would be worth it!

Name:	tumblr_ojk8zcrJaB1r0wvyjo1_1280.jpg
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	149610
            I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Is anyone translating Latabæjarhátíð í Höllinni or wants to translate it into English? The link is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-unwYzkK_o.

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
                Is anyone translating Latabæjarhátíð í Höllinni or wants to translate it into English? The link is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-unwYzkK_o.
                It's on my list, but I'm not currently working on it, and it isn't next up either. Stay tuned, but expect to be staying awhile :p

Comment

I recieved a few requests too to let Latabæjarhátíð í Höllinni get translated. The last couple of months Ana is still in the process to send the original files to me , but the YT video will be as good too.

We seriously need to get our hands on the last theatre play Ævintýri í Latabæ with Stefan as Robbie and Melkorka as Stephanie. I don't understand why it's not out there yet, from what I saw it's way better then the other play.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I recieved a few requests too to let Latabæjarhátíð í Höllinni get translated. The last couple of months Ana is still in the process to send the original files to me , but the YT video will be as good too.
                    Which files?

We seriously need to get our hands on the last theatre play Ævintýri í Latabæ with Stefan as Robbie and Melkorka as Stephanie. I don't understand why it's not out there yet, from what I saw it's way better then the other play.
                    I'll try to follow up with Rúnar Freyr Gíslason to see if he is aware of any recordings produced. He previously said there weren't any recordings planned, but that was in October of 2014, so maybe something has changed since then. I'll see if I can check in with Þjóðleikhúsið as well.

Comment

Alright! Thanks!

BTW, If you ever find Ævintýri í Latabæ, can you translate that aswell?

-Clara

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
                        Alright! Thanks!

BTW, If you ever find Ævintýri í Latabæ, can you translate that aswell?

-Clara
                        That would be the plan, yes.

Comment

That would be the plan, yes.
                          Thanks very much!

Comment

Which files?
                            The DVD files

Comment

The DVD files
                              These files?

Comment

I'll see if I can check in with Þjóðleikhúsið as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X