Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome. More will be on the way as I finish getting the transcripts and get things all formatted. I'm also working on translating the character bios from the official Latibær page. Interestingly enough, it has some new information on some characters or spins on them that we haven't seen yet in the English TV show, as well as confirmation of a few other things I had taken as canon for awhile, such as the fact that Trixie/Halla lives in a trailer.

I'm also looking forward to collaborating on a translation and subtitling of the plays, if that project goes forward.

Comment

Takk fyrir!

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
        Originally posted by kallikak
        Takk fyrir!
        Show off.
        Hmmm, I think Takk fyrir was the first thing I learned to say in Icelandic...

...after Latibær of course.

Comment

Yep, thanks. :)

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
            I have the whole interview with Stefán Karl's wife, or girlfriend at the time. The problem is I'm not sure if the whole interview should be translated (1 hour long), or just the parts with Stefán Karl (phone proposal and car part).
            The only video I have of this is a 12 minute one which I'm guessing is the start of the Stefan Phonecall. I never saw the hour long version, but I'm sure it would only be necessary to sub the part where Stefan comes in and stuff.

I have like 12 icelandic clips....so mislabeled and disorganized too..*sigh* Hopefully I'll get this sorted out..lol.

Comment

Oh yeah, I also have the ones from around Edda 2005 thanks to mizz_pink and her friend (WoJ?):

Edda1.wmv (1.79MB)
              Magnús and Gudmundur.wmv (2.27MB)

There's a few more in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=396

Including a phone interview on the news show: Ísland í bítið

There's also a link to the show where Steinunn Ólína Þorsteinsdóttir gets an interview, which is where Stefán also calls along with that video of him the car making a Robbie Rotten face. :) At least it looked that way to me.

Comment

I'll dig through my archive and take a peek at my video files.

As an update, I talked to Aggisu. She's a little swamped with schoolwork right now, but said she wouldn't mind helping out a bit. I'm going to talk with her about it more later, as she's sick right now and resting up.

Also, please do get online sometime so we can all plan and exchange files.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvanas
                  I'll dig through my archive and take a peek at my video files.

As an update, I talked to Aggisu. She's a little swamped with schoolwork right now, but said she wouldn't mind helping out a bit. I'm going to talk with her about it more later, as she's sick right now and resting up.

Also, please do get online sometime so we can all plan and exchange files.
                  Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've been doing some thinking about something else. I'll be in the IRC from now on.

EDIT: kelly, I forgot about this program that might help with subbing. SubCreator, found here: http://www.radioactivepages.com/index.p ... n=software

There are some Pros and Cons. You can't control the sub length like you would if you were writing out the .SRT file (there's a sub length default). However, you can get the start times within a certain accuracy while watching the video or video clip. The format looks like this (you can convert to .SRT or whatever too):

00:00:01.03: I like cheese
                  00:00:05.09: Me too

Comment

Everything is viewable here. Pretty interesting, all in all. It also confirms the fact that Halla/Trixie lives in a trailer, among other things.

Comment

Wow, those descriptions seem a lot more in-depth than the ones for the TV show. Although, there are some weird little last sentences, like "The Rooster is, in certain respects, a pure marvel of a bird," and (about Solla) "She is, in truth, a very charming, attractive person." Lol, everyone but Íþróttaálfurinn and Solla are described as deeply flawed people, although the Mayor and Goggi's aren't too bad.

Btw, those illustrations are hilarious.

Comment

I know. XD Isn't it odd how far the character designs have developed since the originals?

Comment

Thanks again! Pretty cool stuff. The charcters are so different than what they are now while also keeping certain aspects like the Mayor's old sporty activities. Like when he was reminiscing about his old Football days (not sure if it was American).

That bird sure is lazy. I liked the wind-pain usage.

Comment

Odd how they sorta combined Haninn and Glanni to make the current Robbie, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by sylvanas
                              Odd how they sorta combined Haninn and Glanni to make the current Robbie, isn't it?
                              lol, I didn't notice that! I just assumed Glanni was lazy, but there's no mention of that! Very interesting.

Comment

Lyrics and translation can be found here.

Magnus is hilarious.

Comments are most welcome. >_>

Comment

Working...
                                X